My Precious
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DP Auto Orange bud
So i have finally decided on the cobs i am going to use

10x clu048-1212s=£80
1x mean well hlg240h-c700a which will run all 10 cobs=£60
1x heatsink 143x1000=£60

I will sort out fans,cob holders ect closer to the time.so what do you guys think of this setup @pop22 @BigSm0

So i have finally decided on the cobs i am going to use

10x clu048-1212s=£80
1x mean well hlg240h-c700a which will run all 10 cobs=£60
1x heatsink 143x1000=£60

I will sort out fans,cob holders ect closer to the time.so what do you guys think of this setup @pop22 @BigSm0
This was actually a setup I was looking into in the past but unfortunately I don't think you can find a holder rated for the total 360v. Ideal is rated for 250v and the bjb holder is only rated for 150v. Running 2 drivers is more expensive but might be the only option in running 360v of cobs. 2 hlg-120h-c700 would be the best option. The 120's are around $55 each which is high compared to the hl-240 around the same price.

You could just use thermal glue or 2 drops of super glue on corners and should be fine. Or kapton tape is other option.

This was actually a setup I was looking into in the past but unfortunately I don't think you can find a holder rated for the total 360v. Ideal is rated for 250v and the bjb holder is only rated for 150v. Running 2 drivers is more expensive but might be the only option in running 360v of cobs. 2 hlg-120h-c700 would be the best option. The 120's are around $55 each which is high compared to the hl-240 around the same price.

Actually that sounds better i could then use 2 heatsinks 143x450 and have a driver and 5 cobs on each which makes more sense because i grow 2 plants a time and we all know they never grow the same height so then i could adjust each light for each plants height instead of just 1 bar and a fixed height for both plants.

You could just use thermal glue or 2 drops of super glue on corners and should be fine. Or kapton tape is other option.

To me that's not really worth the savings. Tg makes the cobs useless in the future if he wants to remove them. Kapton tape is an option but not really a good one either. There is no way tape can hold the cobs with enough pressure or even enough. Plus it's tape. I can picture 10 dangling cobs. That's just for mounting and not getting into connecting the wires. Soldering does a nice job but most people aren't to comfortable holding a hot stick near their new cobs.

super glue is not thermal rated. Arctic Silver adhesive works well though. Kapton tape willwork as a temporary fix, it should not be relied upon for long term

2 stoned I'm actually working on a new light myself with like components. But what I'm doing is a little different since my area is a rectangle

X------X
----X----
X------X
----X----
X------X since this light will be used in veg I'm doing just the center 4 on a driver and the outer 4 on a driver. This will lower the wattage and intensity on seedlings and also be enough light since the pots are kept close.

Take the time to think safety, first and always! Although these can work, they should not be used. You have to ask yourself, every step of any kind of DIY build, is this safe?

2 stoned I'm actually working on a new light myself with like components. But what I'm doing is a little different since my area is a rectangle

X------X
----X----
X------X
----X----
X------X since this light will be used in veg I'm doing just the center 4 on a driver and the outer 4 on a driver. This will lower the wattage and intensity on seedlings and also be enough light since the pots are kept close.

yeah thats awesome mine is a rectangle as well 50x100

and i will be using the holders i have ocd when it comes to finnished products even when diy

How are you going to mount yours @BigSm0 passive pin heatsinks on angle aluminium ?

Back