New Grower Equatorial Tropical Indoor Mephisto Grow (Chemdogging + Northern Cheese Haze)

I would stick with what orgatrex and Bio Pk recommend , I use 5 ml a liter every other watering . You don't want to much -- Balance is the key factor --

I would stick with what orgatrex and Bio Pk recommend , I use 5 ml a liter every other watering . You don't want to much -- Balance is the key factor --

thanks, yup agreed and will be doing that. keep things nice and simple.

any suggestions for calmag feeding in the cycle? I currently have one but it also has 2% N. Not sure if to add when mixing the soil at the start, during seedling/veg or just later during flowering maybe?

given the low EC of my potting mix and my setup, would you add the two Biotabs when planting the SEED or wait for 10-14 days and then add the tabs?

any other suggestions or comments?

Last edited:
Bio Tabs I can't help you there , I know nothing about them as It is not the style of growing I do . Cal mag , yes use what you have got , the one I use is 1.0.0 and I introduce around the end week 4 . :thumbsup:

Bio Tabs I can't help you there , I know nothing about them as It is not the style of growing I do . Cal mag , yes use what you have got , the one I use is 1.0.0 and I introduce around the end week 4 . :thumbsup:

thank you and to everyone else who has assisted. I look forward to getting my hands dirty once again in about 1 week.

until then, watch the space, as i still have high hopes for this super soil / biotab / mephisto sideshow lol

Thank you. I will exactly follow your proposed mixing guide.

"Keep watering during cook time. Never let dry out."

1) Initial drench to fully soak the pot just to the point of runoff?

2) Once drenched, how long are we "cooking" for before planting seeds or seedlings + once drenched how much water would you roughly add per day to keep 3 gals of mix moist?

3) Would hydroton pebbles work for the large stone at the bottom?
1. Run off is fine. It’s called drenching. Don’t need to do it daily. Just gotta be wet

2. You are adding Biotabs amendments. Best to ask Biotabs exactly how long to cook?

3. For sure it will

1. Run off is fine. It’s called drenching. Don’t need to do it daily. Just gotta be wet

2. You are adding Biotabs amendments. Best to ask Biotabs exactly how long to cook?

3. For sure it will

Do you have any threads/grows running? Would love to read through if so.

FWIW- I had an issue with some cloth pots holding water in the bottom. You might want to poke some holes in the bottom to make sure its draining.

Don't get me wrong bro. They don't look bad at all, except for one with some fading going on. But that could just be a temporary PH thing and most seeding usually grow out of it. Especially if only one out of all plants that are sharing the same inputs.

Besides that, they look okay to me. You really don't need to discount your harvest so early on. Even if you suspect you did something wrong, you'll be surprised how strong they come back. Just don't do anything overboard like me and get them all sunburned. Excessive stress like that could shock them into premature flowering and that will really cut your harvest significantly.

One more thing is each seed grows slightly different. It don't represent much at this stage. Even if your last grow shows the same, don't mean its the same this time round. Some seeds are faster, Some slower. Genetics might give this plant larger indica leaves and another the opposite. Some taller, some bushier. You get the idea. My smallest plant was my best smoke last round.

Don't worry too much about feeding at this point and just enjoy the experience. Learn as much as you can this round and implement the lessons learned next round. Pretty much what I see everyone do here, new and old growers alike.

Have fun bro!

• You were right, as were others, "leave them alone". I choose however to flush 2/6 pots as described before.
  • My drainage was as bad as i expected. Bottom of pots were cold and beyond clumpy. They began to quickly drown.
  • Prepared new soil mix with added perlite, transplanted the 2 gals to new 3 gal pots and watered with beneficial soil bacteria for the roots.
  • Will watch 3rd gal who was flushed half as much water and see how she responds. Not good so far though. Lower leaves turning yellow lime green?
  • Other 3/6 gals look much better , but i must be extra careful not to overwater, compress the soil and try to improve drainage by cutting holes
  • I have learnt first hand the importance of drainage, over watering, the risk of trusting local "cannabis super soils" and that square fabric pots suck (go for round ones!). I could not possibly list all the other information I have learnt in these past 15 days. PH, EC, PPM, RH, PFD, VD, microbes, bacterias, ferts, soils, deficiencies and so on. Long way to go but feel like have made real progress.
Thank you everyone for helping! Here are some pics of the girls from right now about 10-12 hours after the transplant.

Attachments

• cd1 (transplant).jpeg
    cd1 (transplant).jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
  • nch1 (transplant).jpeg
    nch1 (transplant).jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • nch3 (half flushed).jpeg
    nch3 (half flushed).jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
  • nch2.jpeg
    nch2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
  • cd3.jpeg
    cd3.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • cd2.jpeg
    cd2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Day 17
Some pics of the six gals today.
Funny thing - after buying more 3 and 5 gal pots, I have since learnt that the square pots most are in are 10 gals, so each is in about 6 gals of super soil.
Pic 3 starting to grow again after the transplant.
Pic 5 recovering from the unnecessary flush
Pic 6 seems game over, but will leave her there till replaced by new sour stomper. Soil is cooking.
3-4 final survivors is more than enough.
Live and learn..

cd1.jpeg

cd2.jpeg

cd3.jpeg
nch1.jpeg
nch2.jpeg
nch3.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 20
5 plants remain. 1 was culled. Temp 24-27c. RH 45-65%
2 plants (left side) recovering well from my silly flush/transplant and the rest plough forward.
Currently 300w power draw @ 24-25" height. About day 25-30 I will add another 250w LED.
All plants had foliar and soil drench treatment with @RotBlock. Same every Friday till harvest.
Minor Nitrogen burn showing on the big girl's leaves. Think my CalMag pushed N over the limit. Will skip the CalMag in next watering.
1.jpeg

Last edited:
Back