This is in the middle. You can see the transition from light colored spots to darker spots.
View attachment 619060
That is C/M deficiency bump up the cal mag bro. If you want to know one that works quick is General Organics cal mag run at 100% 0-0-0 ACROSS THE BOARD it works great situation like this just pound it to the plant or all your plants. No matter what I give all my plants cal mag supplements from day 20 on and even a few at day fifteen because they were showing deficiency at that young a age. But I use pro cal. A/N has a lot of calcium in there base nutes that is why they recommend their cal mag for other feeding regimes than theirs. There cal mag solution is a little to strong for my liking But leds are a cal mag eater IMO I hope this helps you some Yeaster
Here she is, looks to be almost 2 feet tall. Eating Skunkwerks only. Going to continue to let her grow free range and see what happens.:weed::peace::weed:
View attachment 619107

View attachment 619108
She is going to be a BIG plant Tetra9
Well, I just knocked a plant over, went to top it off, with what fell out and noticed mold in the bag. Wtf! Could this be the issue? Pretty sure it wasn't there when I filled these pots but Idk. Wtf!
I'm surprised I didn't smell it. I'm super sensitive to molds.
View attachment 619065
WTF that looks like poor storage from where you got it from. Is that a bale of pro mix ? I have never seen anything like it. I opened my first bale of that in 1993/4 and have never seen the likes of that, Can you just remove the mold and use it but how can you trust it though wow I am stumped

That is C/M deficiency bump up the cal mag bro. If you want to know one that works quick is General Organics cal mag run at 100% 0-0-0 ACROSS THE BOARD it works great situation like this just pound it to the plant or all your plants. No matter what I give all my plants cal mag supplements from day 20 on and even a few at day fifteen because they were showing deficiency at that young a age. But I use pro cal. A/N has a lot of calcium in there base nutes that is why they recommend their cal mag for other feeding regimes than theirs. There cal mag solution is a little to strong for my liking But leds are a cal mag eater IMO I hope this helps you some Yeaster
It does help, alot! I have General organics calmag. I have been giving 2.5 ml/L. What do you recommend I bump it to? No rush man, I know you have other things to do. I, most likely won't feed til tomorrow morning.

Something I have wondered about, maybe you, or anyone can help me understand. I have read it is the blue, or red(can't remember) that sucks up that cal/mag. My question is, does this apply to white light LED? I tried looking it up a while back, to no avail.

Thanks again Fairly!

Could be mychorhiza spores too
Thanks for chiming in @TheJesus This comment sent me on a Google quest. I am almost certain now, thanks to you, this is not a problem. Though I am still nervous, I think I will use it.

Presence of Mold on Growing Media
Thursday, July 14, 2016 | Susan Parent

Mold will grow on almost any organic source, if the humidity is sufficiently high. Molds are generally created by filamentous fungi that are omnipresent in the environment. Each species can have different preferences for certain types of organic food sources, ranging from wood to plant debris. Many of these organisms are used in the food industry to produce wine and cheeses and in the pharmaceutical industry for antibiotic production.

Sphagnum peat moss is no different from any other organic matter, such as bark, compost, coir, mulch, etc. The molds which grow on peat moss and growing media are saprophytic, meaning that they feed on dead plant material and are not pathogenic or harmful to plants or people. These saprophytic molds are found naturally in peat bogs at very low populations, but due to the acidic nature of peat bogs, conditions are not favorable for their development and it results in slow decomposition of the peat moss. However, when peat moss is amended with lime and nutrients, especially nitrogen, this changes the chemistry.

Triggers for Mold Growth: During the crop cycle, if excessive moisture is present and temperature is warm, these favorable conditions allow micro-organisms to propagate in the growing medium. For example, if a crop is kept too wet, certain molds can grow on the surface of the growing medium. Although they are saprophytic, in really severe cases, molds can form a layer on the surface of a growing medium that limits water penetration. To control these molds, reduce irrigations, increase air flow and apply fungicide, if necessary.

The fact that peat-based growing media may occasionally have molds and odors caused by the microbial populations, should not be considered a problem, because it will not negatively impact the plants. When a product arrives with these molds, it’s recommended to expose the growing medium to fresh air and loosen the compressed medium. This will inhibit the microbial development by drying it out and oxygen will shut down microorganisms that create the odors. If there is some odor, it will dissipate over time.

It does help, alot! I have General organics calmag. I have been giving 2.5 ml/L. What do you recommend I bump it to? No rush man, I know you have other things to do. I, most likely won't feed til tomorrow morning.

Something I have wondered about, maybe you, or anyone can help me understand. I have read it is the blue, or red(can't remember) that sucks up that cal/mag. My question is, does this apply to white light LED? I tried looking it up a while back, to no avail.

Thanks again Fairly!

I run GO. Cal mag at 5ml every feeding and I bump it up if they need more

@Fairlynew why you say hp not bx? I know the high porosity is good but the bx always seems to work better for me
When using hps or metal halide or outdoors the rule of thumb is bx it has vermiculite in it which helps in water retention. Since leds do not throw same direct heat vemiculite could slow down in feeding was the theory when keeping the temps at 78 degrees. A/N did alot of research with thier products using sunshine mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] soil less mix bales that had alot to do with me picking HP over bx pro mix hp is just sunshine mix [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] but made by a different company so that is why I use HP over BX. Plus it is easier to find and cost less Pro mix Hp over sunshine mix#4. But as I say if you need to use BX no worries just by a bale of perlite and add a few heaping cups to a five gallon bucket. Works out

5ml per gallon
Ok. I forgot we're stupid Americans who haven't caught on to the metric system.

I'm a chef. Everytime I made a recipe, in the past, it was so difficult to record exact measurements. Seriously, when you have teaspoons, Tablespoons, cups , quarts, etc...Once I started weighing things in grams life got so much easier.
I'm gonna call Obama and see if he can change that before he leaves

Thanks Step!

Back