New Grower DWC, Megacrop, Forgotten Cookies. COBS and QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Frenjamin Banklin
I got lucky, I think, my local distributor said he could get just the UC8 Solo bucket, top, and netpot for about $62 each. I’m ordering four of them tomorrow. They should be ready to pickup in a week or two. I think they will make a huge difference with DWC. Plus I like that they are not much taller than a five gallon bucket.

Your girls are looking great. :thumbsup:

@Frenjamin Banklin
I got lucky, I think, my local distributor said he could get just the UC8 Solo bucket, top, and netpot for about $62 each. I’m ordering four of them tomorrow. They should be ready to pickup in a week or two. I think they will make a huge difference with DWC. Plus I like that they are not much taller than a five gallon bucket.

Your girls are looking great. :thumbsup:

I think you’ll enjoy them. The footprint was one of the plus’s for me also. Not much bigger than 5 gallon but much more stable. They are shorter though I think which is nice. I use the small furniture movers you get for $7.99 and the China freight company. Nice and full the buckets get pretty heavy.

FB
:pass:

@Frenjamin Banklin I am a pretty new grower. Growing in soil right now. Curious to know why you grow with DWC. Think I want to take a stab at it in a few grows.

I grow indoors in my basement
I felt like the DWC or hydro offered the least amount of issues. Once you know your medium it’s essy to repeat. I see a lot of soil grows with product issues but that was after the fact. I like the ability to make fast corrections if needed. And if you fuck up you can completely xchsnge out water. No need to flush and pray. But I think one of my biggest concerns was all the potential mold and bug issues with soil that made me want to go DWC. Everyone has different reasons and none are better than others. I am in a legal medical state and we have restrictions on number of plants. Hydro can potentially produce some pretty large plants. Also like auto pot systems I can leave my plants alone as long as 4 weeks in veg and one week in flowers if I wanted. I’ve taken a week vacation in full flower and come back to happy plants. This can also be done with drip systems but I just liked the idea of DWC, I’ve been happy with it and would not change.

I’m going to start some plants for breeding and to give away for friends in dirt so we will see how that goes.

You can always put together a cheap bubble bucket for $20 and see how you like it.
FB

I grow indoors in my basement
I felt like the DWC or hydro offered the least amount of issues. Once you know your medium it’s essy to repeat. I see a lot of soil grows with product issues but that was after the fact. I like the ability to make fast corrections if needed. And if you fuck up you can completely xchsnge out water. No need to flush and pray. But I think one of my biggest concerns was all the potential mold and bug issues with soil that made me want to go DWC. Everyone has different reasons and none are better than others. I am in a legal medical state and we have restrictions on number of plants. Hydro can potentially produce some pretty large plants. Also like auto pot systems I can leave my plants alone as long as 4 weeks in veg and one week in flowers if I wanted. I’ve taken a week vacation in full flower and come back to happy plants. This can also be done with drip systems but I just liked the idea of DWC, I’ve been happy with it and would not change.

I’m going to start some plants for breeding and to give away for friends in dirt so we will see how that goes.

You can always put together a cheap bubble bucket for $20 and see how you like it.
FB
Totally agree, I love the fact in DWC you know exactly what you are feeding the plant and can react quickly to any issues, i do commend soil growers though as to me it just seems so complicated!

Last edited:
I think you’ll enjoy them. The footprint was one of the plus’s for me also. Not much bigger than 5 gallon but much more stable. They are shorter though I think which is nice. I use the small furniture movers you get for $7.99 and the China freight company. Nice and full the buckets get pretty heavy.

FB
Ordered four of them. Now that I’m in full on flower I remember how much checking you have to do with five gallon buckets. Woke up this morning to my water in the bucket up 0.4EC over where she is supposed to me and leaves were starting to droop. The pH was still acceptable so I added three liters of clean water to get it back down to 1.5EC. Until the buckets get here in two weeks I’m back to checking her twice daily. I’m glad I only started the one bucket for now.

I’m not one to tell anyone what to do but I top of almost to the top of bucket during flower. The roots aren’t searching anymore and I like to have the extra volume, in any bucket. You could get an extra gallon in the fives that way. Then top off when it get 2” below net pot. Simulates a nice cycle but more important more time between adjustments make more stability IMHO

I’m not one to tell anyone what to do but I top of almost to the top of bucket during flower. The roots aren’t searching anymore and I like to have the extra volume, in any bucket. You could get an extra gallon in the fives that way. Then top off when it get 2” below net pot. Simulates a nice cycle but more important more time between adjustments make more stability IMHO

I use 8 inch net pots but will give it try. I filled up one too much before and floated my plant. LOL

I ordered the UC buckets with the 8 inch netpot tops so should be fun once they get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back