Outdoor DV's Guerrilla Prep 2015

Found some shrimp compost that would lend itself well to coco since its high in calcium.

Rona
http://www.rona.ca/en/shrimp-compost

Crappy tire sells something similar. There is also a seaweed compost and blended seaweed and shrimp compost. All are mixed with peat moss.

Bought some Azomite that I'll ammend in the soil and my Organicare Pure granular organic fertilizer came in. Top feeding every two weeks with that. It's also high in calcium which is great.

I'll water with cal mag and epsom than foliar with seaplex.

That's the idea so far. I might cut some promix hp in the mix to get some mycorizzae in there and perlite.

:peace:

From a gardening forum.

"Shrimp shell meal or crab shell meals, when composted are incredibly rich in so many trace minerals it can boggle the mind. They have to be used sparingly on occasion in order to maintain a balance of certain mineral nutrients like phosphorus and calcium. One of the truly amazing things about these meals from crustacean shells is the wealth of enzymes and plant growth stimulating compounds including chitinase. Chitinase will literally keep bugs, both chewing and sucking from ever infesting your plants. The primary function of chitinase is the breakdown of chitin, which is what all insect pests are made of. They take in the enzymes from walking on plants and the chitinase goes to work basically digesting the insects.

This was proven in studies done by Los Angeles area gardeners in conjunction with the University of California at Riverside on a whitefly species that was out of control here in southern California a few years back. The whitefly was the Giant Mexican Whitefly (Aleurodicus dugesii). Infestations were reduced with mild chitinase containing organics like worm castings and were wiped out with materials containing higher levels of this enzyme like crab shell and shrimp shell meal."

Pretty sweet s#it.

Subbed up DV, hope you don't mind if I try to learn from all you G-men

Loiff9nl.jpg

All the new beans for this year arrived safe n sound. Grabbed the sweets from alibongo and the em dog from seedsman. Freebie bubba kush is from hso and I have an la woman by dna genetics.

Other strains I'm running will be MOB by highrise, hbss and Tyrone by mephisto for autos. My buddies will grow out Ak 47 from RQS and sweet tooth auto by barney's.

Subbed up DV, hope you don't mind if I try to learn from all you G-men

Glad to have you along brotha, I'm learning every day so let's learn together :Sharing One:

Awesome info

Cheers bruv :d5:

Sweet sweet action my brother!

Since most of my guerrilla grow visits will be at night or just before dark, I bought a green LED hunting headlamp. Apparently green doesn't stress photo plants out, indoor photo growers use them to tend plants while they sleep.

Scoped out some new locations, most of the snow is gone. River levels are pretty high too. Loaded up on more coco and 50lb bags of organicare grow and bloom granular for nutes.

I'm hoping to stagger harvests, first autos at the end of August, fast finishers mid to late September, and photos late September to mid October.

Here's the headlamp link, really wish I had this last year.

http://www.amazon.ca/Streamlight-61070-BuckMasters-Trident-Headlamp/dp/B000PWDEIS

Green headlamps are great. .wont stress plants helps u see without taking away yer night vision....and doesn't attact the eye from a distance.

Back