New Grower Dutch passion auto blackberry

You've done such a great job of tieing them down, I don't think you need a scrog at this point.

Really Autos you don't really get enough time to do a proper scrog what you really get is a horizontal trellis. That just helps you support the plant when they get older in the buds start getting heavy. But if you do enough twisting bending and tying down you end up getting some real sick stems and the plants tend to support themselves pretty well.

I think what I would to do at this point if you're comfortable with it would be to thin out some of those bigger fan leaves. I would look for big fan leaves on growing shoots that are up taller than everybody else and find one or two that are blocking two or three Bud sites and just clip them off. You can do that one or two leaves each plant and get better light penetration and get an idea how your canopy will level. Keep in mind when you take leaves off a growing shoot or a cola it will slow that shoot down. That's how I level my canopies. Of course when I do it I do so much defoliation starting so early that it sends the plant into a panic and they pump out all kinds of hormones which is why I get such big plants. It takes a lot of time and experience to get down to where you can really do that level of defoliation.

Thanks @jingo really appreciate your feedback, determined to make this grow a better one than my first. Got a better handle on the nute requirement so far..so far!

I've also got got big bud, bud candy and overdrive on the shelf ready for bloom phase have you used any of this stuff? Not sure what kind of ratios to add with the flora duo if I do break it out - think 5ml per litre is advised but will check that out.

When you go into flower do you still keep up the half strength nute schedule?

I was wondering about clipping a few fans as yep there's a few areas of blocking but did think as I removed quite a few of the early troubled ones would that cause any issues or is that old news by now!

Any idea when I should start to see stretching upwards?

Nuglet

I'm drawing a blank on the half strength nutrients schedule question. Might be a little stoned or I might be in so many threads I'm having trouble remembering.

I've used big bud back when I was running Fox Farm nutrients and honestly I can't remember what ratio I was using with that. I do remember it was kind of a grainy mixture really had to shake that stuff up and mix it well every time.

It would be safe to start off I think with four or five mil per gallon on that big bud.

I'm thinking the overdrive is a plant stressor or antagonist. A lot of the bloom agents we use late in flower really cause the plant to think they're kind of under attack and then they just lay on heavy bud and terpenes. Sometimes though you cause a Hermie late in flower. So that stuff you start off late in your flower and start off easy and just build up. If I'm correct in thinking it's more of an antagonist type of thing.

I believe the Bud Candy is what you use to get that nice taste and terpene profile at the end and you can probably save that for your last couple weeks and it probably doesn't matter too much, I mean it probably won't burn your plants or harm them, so the strength in the label would be okay. I think

IMG_3363.PNG
View attachment 803737
On the stretch if you're not in it yet you're going to be soon.

Thanks @jingo nute mix question - I'm running at half reccomended amounts on veg nutes so was wondering when I start the bloom switch do you keep at half strength or move closer to reccomended amounts in the flora duo schedule - re attached that pic here.

Just lstd again and pinched a couple of shoots out as you suggested - what about pulling leaves behind stalks so they're not removed but not hiding emerging growth from the light?

I'm planning to join you very shortly on being stoned!

So I use the GH Trio, not the duo. I start the transition schedule as soon as I see pre flowers and I hold it until I've got really solid flowers set on the plants. And then I kind of ease into a full-strength bloom nutrients per their Trio schedule. it's really kind of a watch how things go if you change things up kind of a deal. In Cocoa you're always just one nutrient mix away from resetting your root Zone nutrient strength.

Oh yeah, I'm not much of a leaf Tucker kind of guy I'm a real hack and whack. It's not that is not effective or good it's just that I don't know I've always just been the high stress training kind of guy.

IMG_3373.PNG
Ppm 590
Ec 1160
Water temp 67
Cab temp 80
RH 47

Another LST session and a bit of leaf bending - I've no leaf removing balls @jingo !

PPMs/EC dropping at a stable rate so presume feed is doing its thing nicely.

Temp is up a bit but today was unusually warm so guess that'll drop back soon. Have an ac unit outside the cupboard to cool room but does vent the smell outside tho. Was thinking about installing a sep carbon filter for main room. There are filters in the cab, but I'm running with bloom and grow lights on and it heats up too much so leave a 2" gap for some heat and I expect as I get further down the line smell to escape.

It's a lot easier cutting pieces off your plants when you got a couple pounds sitting back in your closet.

I hear you @jingo Think I want to get thru this one as simply as I can after 1st grow battle and bum start to begin with. Kind of in harmony with it at the moment which I wasn't first time round - think I worried as much as when we had our kids!

But next up I've got some northern lights so if you don't mind I'll piggy back your wisdom and the leaf pulling system on that grow that's working so well for you?

Back