New Grower Dutch passion auto blackberry

So week 11

Chopped the left hand side girls - haven't weighed yet but not as much as I hoped & a bit airy, deep purple was pretty much nothing.

So all eyes on the freak now she's doing well getting amber trics on the very top of colas and a mix of clear/cloudy below and further down - not quite as fat as I'd hoped.

@jingo - any thoughts on chop - should i hang on a few more days - thought on Indicas too much amber isn't cool? Chopped 1st lot last Friday and still la bit of lower growth left in there so will see if that does anything.

Reckon when i switch to the CDM lighting/coco/autopot/tent things should be better. Only 2nd grow still learning a lot, but this was better than attempt 1.

And thanks to everyone especially Jingo for putting up with me!

IMG_3674.JPG

IMG_3672.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

Last edited:
How much Amber you get is largely personal choice. Usually people take their indicas a lot further towards the Amber side than they do their sativas.

I've had some really dark phenotype strains that were just disappointing as far as the density of the buds and and how they smoked. But in time as you get your environment dialed in and find the medium that really suits you you'll start getting denser buds on most your plants.

I might strip all those big fan leaves off that mutant if you're getting close to chop and just let as much light get through as possible. I mean literally strip every fan leaf that doesn't have its origin inside a bud.

Where I'm currently growing
Where I'll be Nov 1st

IMG_3683.JPG
IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG

Had another root around and took a bit more out - what dya reckon @jingo ?

Not bad for a single freaky deaky plant!

Well all done and had 3 - 4 weeks curing in the jars, pleased to say the smoke is good - well the vape!

Got 6 x 1 quart jars in the end - the red devil tasted ok but didn't produce much - about half a jar, very weak in THC. Rest of it all top notch & happy with the 2nd grow all in all.

Prepping now to move to coco, autopots, tent and a new 300W CDM light - growing the short stuff gorilla OG as recommended by @jingo. Beans are going in today so will start off a new diary when i've got some news.

One things for sure i wont be going back to the stealth cupboard/hydro for a while - if you're tempted by the sites offering them as an all in one solution I'd recommend carefully reconsidering it.

The money it cost could of bought me 3 tent setups, the growing room inside is a compromise and the heat/humidity issues are a nightmare due to PC based fans and not fit for purpose extraction & carbon filtration.

Best off walking away in my opinion.

Last edited:
That's a good haul, I can't remember how long it took me to move up to quart jars from pint jars. Now I'm using one gallon jars and 5 gallon buckets.

I looked at those cabinets starting out and they really do look enticing, but then after you have one you realize they just took a bunch of off-the-shelf stuff paid retail and then double the price when they sold it to you. Then when you consider that most people change their original set up two or three times before they're done, they really aren't very good buy at all.

Where I'll be Nov 1st

That's a good haul, I can't remember how long it took me to move up to quart jars from pint jars. Now I'm using one gallon jars and 5 gallon buckets.

I looked at those cabinets starting out and they really do look enticing, but then after you have one you realize they just took a bunch of off-the-shelf stuff paid retail and then double the price when they sold it to you. Then when you consider that most people change their original set up two or three times before they're done, they really aren't very good buy at all.

Where I'll be Nov 1st
@jingo yeh I got enticed alright -for nearly 3K! Such a stoopid mistake. But at the time i didn't have the room for a tent, was paranoid and all was a bit scary to me. Hindsight is a wonderful thing huh!

Back