Lighting Duckster does Amare Solar Pro 300 & DWC/Drip

Duckster

Still Just a Rat in a Cage
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Everything that i grow
Hello AFN

It's been about 2 weeks since I chopped my last plant. Just enough time to get things dried, trimmed, and in the jars for the cure.
I broke out the hydro kit that came with my cab as I figured that it was high time (pun intended) that I used it. Time to try something new! I will be using the Amare Solar Pro 300 that I finished my last grow with. I removed the 42w LED side lighting from the cab. I have removed the (2) 30w corn LED side lights. I may use them later.

The space same as before – two chambers
Lower (seedling/cloning) camber
23” x 35” x 15”
(2) 24 Watt T5HO Grow Lights (with vegetative bulbs)

Upper (grow) chamber
23” x 35” x 59”
Amare Solar Pro 300

Nutes
GH CaliMagic
AN Voodoo Juice
AN pH perfect Grow
AN pH perfect Micro
AN pH perfect Bloom
AN Big Bud
AN B-52
AN Overdrive
AN Rhino Skin
AN Sensizym
AN Liquid Carboload
AN Bud Factor X

A quick unboxing of the DWC/Drip system
dwc1.JPG

The top of the reservoir. 8 net cups with drip lines. I can't believe anyone would think that you could get 8 plants into such close quarters. I taped over the extra cups and turned off the drip feeds to those cups.

dwc2.JPG

The base of the reservoir. I think the reservoir holds 10-12 at the float switch level. (2) 160gph adjustable pumps. The one on the right is for circulation. It is also supposed to aerate by taking in air through a small venturi tube on the outlet of the pump. There is a 3.2lpm air pump and 2 small air stones that were part of the kit, but those are for the propagation tray that I don't use. I will need to get larger air stones and longer tubing to use it in the reservoir. I have another small 1.2lpm pump but tubing and stones for that one too. The pump on the left is for the drip feed. It is also used to empty the reservoir. The white item on the left is a float switch. This controls the feed of water from another small tank to keep the reservoir topped off. The item in the upper left corner is part of the reservoir chiller.

dwc3.JPG

Right center is the input to the float switch. On the left is the main part of the reservoir chiller.

dwc4.JPG

The whole thing in the cab. Note the 1.5gal reservoir feed tank on the left.

A couple were in a busy shopping center just before Christmas.

The wife suddenly noticed that her husband was missing and as they had a lot to do, so she called him on the mobile.

The wife said " Where are you, you know we have lots to do."

He said "You remember the jewelers we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with that diamond necklace?

I could not afford it at the time and I said that one day I would get it for you?"

Little tears started to flow down her cheek and she got all choked up…"Yes, I do remember that shop." she replied.

"Well I am in the gun shop next door to that."

Who say Romatacism is gone ?!

Nothing from the postman yet so I decided to pop my last 2 sour crack beans into the rooters. Guess this will give me a chance to compare these with the sour cracks that I grew in soil.

Welcome to the Amare family. Best lights in the market hands down. Best of luck to you

Oh yeah, loving the light. Well built and super bright. I used it for the last 2/3 of my last grow. Only drawback is it can turn my little cabinet into an oven.

Looking forward to this one duckster! You will fill that cab front to back with bud.
That amare panel looks awesome too​

That's what I'm hoping Sang. Curious to see how this hydro compares to my soil grows. Most of the hydro looks pretty easy - guess that's good as I'm a lazy fecker. Just a little intimidated by doing res changes with plants growing in the lid. The Wilma seems to have the best of both worlds.

Find your self a similar container/ bucket to your res that your lid and plant can sit on while you do your changes- gives you a chance to clean the res too1

That's what I'm hoping Sang. Curious to see how this hydro compares to my soil grows. Most of the hydro looks pretty easy - guess that's good as I'm a lazy fecker. Just a little intimidated by doing res changes with plants growing in the lid. The Wilma seems to have the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

What were you running previously? It's a true 300w draw at 50-55% efficient. You will be generating 135w of heat which is very low considering the wattage. In a sealed space heat will continue to generate and may seem worse. Have you thought about a photocell thermostat controlled outlet? I have my exhaust fan set to one and when temps raise to 80 degrees it kicks a fan on.

Back