Drying in a small tent

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. Close to harvest (as in maybe tomorrow) and have a question about my drying environment. I already realize it’s too small but hindsight is 20/20 and I had to make some concessions due to space, that will be fixed in the near future.

Anyway, the tent is 24in x 24 x 48. I am running an AC Infinity 4in fan/carbon filter unit. I’m afraid to put a small fan inside of the tent due to fear of over drying quickly in such a small area? Is that the correct line of thought? Should I just run it with the fan set low, maybe 3 or 4? Would that be enough air movement?

Temps in the space are 65-68F and 55-60rh

I would run the fan and check the stems twice a day. If the stems bend keep using the fan. if the stems start cracking and breaking start cutting the buds off and put them in jars. Do any trimming before you put the buds in a jar.

Last edited:
It is important to have soft air movement around the buds. Just direct the fan away from the buds, your temps and RH will work just fine. I dry 3 or 4 days in conditions like that then do a trim leaving the buds the length that will fit standing in a brown paper bag. I "Sweat" them for a day or two. Then I check some with a moisture meter and do a jar test also. When the buds are 11% moisture on the meter / 62% RH in the jar; they are ready to be put in the Grove Bags for the cure and storage @Grove Bags . Grove Bags are cutting edge tech that we have been lucky enough to watch evolve right here on AFN.

I love them!
_DSC4043.JPG
_DSC4044.JPG

If you are worried about too much air movement in the tent from the fan I sometimes set one on up on the outside just blowing in the vent hole a few inches away to make it an easier breeze.

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green @TheFerret and @armanidog!
I actually saw @Grove Bags here in the forum and purchased some, heard a lot of great things so I ditched the jars. Chopped two today, can’t wait to get them bagged up after dry!

Attachments

• 4AA9940D-E825-4D5C-9549-D75F91CAD88A.jpeg
    4AA9940D-E825-4D5C-9549-D75F91CAD88A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
Back