DIY Dream Farm Report v3 LAG grow journal

so my local garden spot only had happy frog and not roots organic original. I went ahead and got it cause I need to go ahead and mix my dirt up. I hope I do t regret it.

so my soil recipe is gonna be

5 bags roots original
10 bags coast of Maine
3 bags happy frog(these are 2 cu ft vs 1.5)
15 cups of dolomite lime.

this is goin in 60 3 gallon pots.

@Proph i know you are a soil guru do you think this will be alright? Should I add anything or take anything away. And I know, I know Ff dirt is not the best. I’m kinda pissed. Hopefully it will be ok.

I plan on using Daz’s super soil amendment mix for a top dressing once flower hits
@WildBill @pop22 thoughts?

I've ussed FFOF but not Happy Frog. I'd say though being blended with the Roots and the COM you should be fine.

so my local garden spot only had happy frog and not roots organic original. I went ahead and got it cause I need to go ahead and mix my dirt up. I hope I do t regret it.

5 bags roots original
10 bags coast of Maine

@Proph i know you are a soil guru do you think this will be alright? Should I add anything or take anything away. And I know, I know Ff dirt is not the best. I’m kinda pissed. Hopefully it will be ok.

I plan on using Daz’s super soil amendment mix for a top dressing once flower hits

I've ussed FFOF but not Happy Frog. I'd say though being blended with the Roots and the COM you should be fine.
Awesome thanks! That’s what I wanted to hear from the MAN! I take your word pretty much as gospel when it comes to the dirt things

5 bags roots original
10 bags coast of Maine

Shame ya can't get the Roots OG.
You should be good with that mix and Daz flower mix. I would get some soluble yucca, but I don't know if you could use it in your watering system you have planned. With that much compost, I'd want some help on avoiding any possibility of becoming hydrophobic in spots, I doubt if that will occur, but still possible.
I use RAW's version. A little dab will do ya.

Shame ya can't get the Roots OG.
You should be good with that mix and Daz flower mix. I would get some soluble yucca, but I don't know if you could use it in your watering system you have planned. With that much compost, I'd want some help on avoiding any possibility of becoming hydrophobic in spots, I doubt if that will occur, but still possible.
I use RAW's version. A little dab will do ya.
Yeah I am thinkin of using a little yucca. Because I go through a dry cycle on my watering I wanna make sure when I do water after a dry cycle that it gets the whole pots saturated I haven’t ever used I though. Do I put it in the water or the soil lmao!

Has anybody send this crazy shit(sorry for the curse words but holy heck!)
Empire breeding company is shipping live clones of the best genetics out there TO ANYWHERE IN THE LOWWR 48!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am honestly blown away. Like how on earth are they shipping live cannabis plants? My only guess is that it is still considered hemp at that stage with less than .03% THC? But at any rate it’s All the cookies fam stuff GMO,Runtz, apple fritter etc They ship them in this super groovy lighted “clone shipper” and the IG rep basically said they guarantee them. Meaning If they don’t arrive alive they make it right(assuming they will resend or refund)

I think I am gonna do it. I want the GMO as an auto plain and simple. 350 bucks for a live cut is crazy. But I get it these are special cuts and not the everyday stuff from the dispos. What do y’all think? I’m gonna post this in LS as well, I really wanna get everyone’s feedback. I think I am gonna have to jump on it because they just started this like a week ago I think. I don’t know how long it will last, so I think it’s now or never

Has anybody send this crazy shit(sorry for the curse words but holy heck!)
Empire breeding company is shipping live clones of the best genetics out there TO ANYWHERE IN THE LOWWR 48!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am honestly blown away. Like how on earth are they shipping live cannabis plants? My only guess is that it is still considered hemp at that stage with less than .03% THC? But at any rate it’s All the cookies fam stuff GMO,Runtz, apple fritter etc They ship them in this super groovy lighted “clone shipper” and the IG rep basically said they guarantee them. Meaning If they don’t arrive alive they make it right(assuming they will resend or refund)

I think I am gonna do it. I want the GMO as an auto plain and simple. 350 bucks for a live cut is crazy. But I get it these are special cuts and not the everyday stuff from the dispos. What do y’all think? I’m gonna post this in LS as well, I really wanna get everyone’s feedback. I think I am gonna have to jump on it because they just started this like a week ago I think. I don’t know how long it will last, so I think it’s now or never

Shipping clones is as old as cloning. The only thing new is the fancy containers, lol. The mail is the only way to get a true clone only cut if your state doesn't sell them at the dispos or you don't have a friend close by.. The issue with the online clone ordering is trust. You have to really know your shit to take a random clone bought on line. GMO for example, you need to know what it looks like up close in veg, how it grows, node spacing, stretch etc.. Same for when it's in flower. How long it runs, but structure, smell, etc.. Otherwise the clone you get could be anything, and you wouldn't know the difference. GMO has been around for way to long to charge 3 bills though. You can probably find it for 100 or less elsewhere. I let my cut go a few years ago because she's not the easiest plant to grow and flowers forrrreeevveerrr, lol.

As for the soil mix, how big are the COM bags? That sounds like a lot of compost. Most mixes are around 30% compost on the high end. This feels/ reads more like 50-60 depending on the size of the bags of compost and the size of the roots organic bags

Last edited:
Shipping clones is as old as cloning. The only thing new is the fancy containers, lol. The mail is the only way to get a true clone only cut if your state doesn't sell them at the dispos or you don't have a friend close by.. The issue with the online clone ordering is trust. You have to really know your shit to take a random clone bought on line. GMO for example, you need to know what it looks like up close in veg, how it grows, node spacing, stretch etc.. Same for when it's in flower. How long it runs, but structure, smell, etc.. Otherwise the clone you get could be anything, and you wouldn't know the difference. GMO has been around for way to long to charge 3 bills though. You can probably find it for 100 or less elsewhere. I let my cut go a few years ago because she's not the easiest plant to grow and flowers forrrreeevveerrr, lol.

As for the soil mix, how big are the COM bags? That sounds like a lot of compost. Most mixes are around 30% compost on the high end. This feels/ reads more like 50-60 depending on the size of the bags of compost and the size of the roots organic bags
1.5 cu ft on the COM and the roots. The HF is 2 cf

I actually have 5 bags of HF do you think I should go maybe 8 bags CoM and 5 HF and 5 roots?

And for REAL? I guess because I haven’t messed with photoperiod plants AT ALL in almost 10 years, is why I haven’t seen anything about shipping them via the mail. Crazy stuff. Oh and you can be damn sure before I buy any clone of a photo I will be 100% confident in the donor plant and confident in the folks sending it.
You are a lot of help man even to a know it all like me hahahha

Back