Mephisto Genetics Dr. Danklove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Coco Hempy

Drying still isn't done, so no weights yet! I will say, however, that I pressed some rosin with the popcorn from the Fantasmo, and it really took me away. A delicious, delightful high that gave me energy and melted my pain away amazingly. @mephisto you should feel free to call Fantasmo Express a top quality fibromyalgia strain. I feel so relieved.

Great work Farmer 'J' ... :thumbsup:

I think you'll like the Fantasmo ... your grow makes me want to learn to grow in Coco ... I wonder how Soil and Flower tabs would work w/ Coco ...
:pass:

I think you'll like the Fantasmo ... your grow makes me want to learn to grow in Coco ... I wonder how Soil and Flower tabs would work w/ Coco ...
:pass:
Gotta say that I'm pretty sure the tabs won't work at all in coco. Even if they released properly, it would be a noticeable underfeeding unless adjusted properly for Coco.

It's Day 52 for the Sour Hounds! The big girl is at 22.5 inches, with the smaller one at 17 inches. They're on PK 13/14 and I'm going to start pushing KoolBloom. With the full force of the whole tent's lights on these two girls, I'm hoping for 2 ounces from the small one and 4 ounces from the big one. :D Maybe that's crazy and impossible at this point, but I might as well shoot for the stars. The smoke will be amazing either way, I'm sure.

1462696286662581318680.jpg

It's amazing how well a topped auto and a fimmed auto are managing to grow together in the same bucket! Maybe I'm a decent grower, but Mephisto and Coco make it so damn easy ;)

14626963938761126027804.jpg

Here's a big cola shot. I absolutely love the structure the Sour Hounds have, and I adore that rawnchy odor too. I have a lot of strains on my hit list, but I promise I will be back to make a MONSTER Sour Hound one day. :D

Anyway, after some thinking, I think I'm going to pop 6 seeds some time tomorrow. I know it'd be most optimal to pop like, all of my Grape Crinkles or all of my Skyrone Stompers, but the desire for variety is nagging at me. I could pop one of each strain! Ooh.

Gotta say that I'm pretty sure the tabs won't work at all in coco. Even if they released properly, it would be a noticeable underfeeding unless adjusted properly for Coco.

I think you are right about that. Everything I've read says that if you treat coco like soil, you will get soil results, but if you treat coco like hydro, you get the same kind of explosive growth that we see with DWC.

And obviously, you have attained some pretty damned incredible, explosive growth! I just want to bury my face in that bud and take a big, long whif! :drool:

Are you noticing a difference using the Pk-13/14. I haven't added any boosters to my coco growing yet. Just using Canna Coco A and B. Rhizotonic and cannazym. Had a small bottle of Canna booster but used it in a perlite vermiculite mix that was no bueno. Lol

Keep in growing on! :pass:

I think you are right about that. Everything I've read says that if you treat coco like soil, you will get soil results, but if you treat coco like hydro, you get the same kind of explosive growth that we see with DWC.

And obviously, you have attained some pretty damned incredible, explosive growth! I just want to bury my face in that bud and take a big, long whif! :drool:
Yeah, man. I have to say that I made some mistakes (including bad pH issues early on) in this grow. They even seemed pretty badly stunted, but still came back explosively. I think this next grow cycle will be a noteworthy improvement. I'm going to pick up some 1 gallon Smart Pots - it's not the ultra cheap/free way of doing things, but I think the $16 or so will be rewarded. Coco can already support much more robust root systems at any given volume, so I think a 1 gallon Coco SmartPot would be incredible. Coco seems to really show its advantages and explosive growth once a root system is well-established and even more so when waterings can be frequent. So, for maximum growth, you want a pot JUST big enough to get the size and health of roots you want, but that is small enough to root quickly and dry quickly as well. This is purely conjecture, of course. But if the SmartPots get me even 3 grams more yield, they're worth it. Seems like an easy bet.

Basically, if you fuck up with Coco, you'll do well for yourself. Once you start dialing in on it, you'll be absolutely amazed.

When I can get a grow going in the fall, it'll be 1 gal smart pots for me too. And probably set up some sort of DIY drip system. Also, I think I'll use about a 1/2 inch layer of sand to top off the coco as it's supposed to be a good way to keep the fungas gnats out. With smart pots and coco, both of which keep your roots very well aerated, I'm wondering how necessary it is to use an air pump and bubble stone in the nute reservoir. My grow is in a bathroom right off my bedroom, and I really don't want to have to listen to the sound of an air pump all night long. Even the so called "whisper quiet" pumps start sounding like a 747 after a couple of months. I just hate that sound...

Back