Mephisto Genetics Dr. Danklove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Coco Hempy

Are you noticing a difference using the Pk-13/14. I haven't added any boosters to my coco growing yet. Just using Canna Coco A and B. Rhizotonic and cannazym. Had a small bottle of Canna booster but used it in a perlite vermiculite mix that was no bueno. Lol

Keep in growing on! :pass:
Yep. PK 13/14 has to be used at the right time, though. During the week when your first flowers are just beginning to fatten up and the most additional flowering sites are created, you want to start using it. It increases the number of flowering sites noticeably. I use it for a week to two weeks depending on the plant. If you introduce CannaBoost or KoolBloom powder starting like 4 days after you start PK 13/14, you'll see some FAT flower growth. The Sour Hounds are the first plants I think I really honed in on, timing and feeding wise. I can notice them put on pretty strong weight daily and feed pretty hard without showing any nute burn. PK 13/14 is amazing if used correctly.

When I can get a grow going in the fall, it'll be 1 gal smart pots for me too. And probably set up some sort of DIY drip system. Also, I think I'll use about a 1/2 inch layer of sand to top off the coco as it's supposed to be a good way to keep the fungas gnats out. With smart pots and coco, both of which keep your roots very well aerated, I'm wondering how necessary it is to use an air pump and bubble stone in the nute reservoir. My grow is in a bathroom right off my bedroom, and I really don't want to have to listen to the sound of an air pump all night long. Even the so called "whisper quiet" pumps start sounding like a 747 after a couple of months. I just hate that sound...
If you're using a drip system, why not just go drain to waste? I don't think the air pump is necessary unless you want to go for a Dutch bucket or a recirculating system.

I've heard good things about blumats and they seem to be one of the cheaper drip feeding options. I might try those out.

Oh, I'm gonna go drain to waste, never fear! The girls will be flowered out in a big bathtub so it seems to be just made for DTW. But most of the growers who seem to be running a drip line on DTW coco pots say they aerate their nute reservoirs. No doubt more air would be better for the plants but if it interferes with my sleep (and I think it would) I'd have to nix bubbling the water.

Blumats, huh? I'll have to look into that system. Most of the growers I've run into just build their own drip systems. Once you figure out what parts you need, drip systems aren't that hard to put together. Probably the hardest thing to do would be calibrating the timer on the pump so that the plants get the right amount of water every feeding. Home Depot has every kind of drip system part imaginable and you can also easily find the parts on Ebay. Several folks in the coco forum talk about making their own drip rings (as opposed to buying dripper heads) and they look simple enough to make out of 1/4 inch tubing and T connectors. They just drill holes in the 1/4" tubing for the water to come through to the coco. And they now and then use an additive in the res that keeps the drip system from getting all clogged up.

Oh, I'm gonna go drain to waste, never fear! The girls will be flowered out in a big bathtub so it seems to be just made for DTW. But most of the growers who seem to be running a drip line on DTW coco pots say they aerate their nute reservoirs. No doubt more air would be better for the plants but if it interferes with my sleep (and I think it would) I'd have to nix bubbling the water.

Blumats, huh? I'll have to look into that system. Most of the growers I've run into just build their own drip systems. Once you figure out what parts you need, drip systems aren't that hard to put together. Probably the hardest thing to do would be calibrating the timer on the pump so that the plants get the right amount of water every feeding. Home Depot has every kind of drip system part imaginable and you can also easily find the parts on Ebay. Several folks in the coco forum talk about making their own drip rings (as opposed to buying dripper heads) and they look simple enough to make out of 1/4 inch tubing and T connectors. They just drill holes in the 1/4" tubing for the water to come through to the coco. And they now and then use an additive in the res that keeps the drip system from getting all clogged up.
Hmmm. I'm not an expert when it comes to DTW drip systems, but I think that if you refill the reservoir twice a week and have smart pots with coco, that should already be enough aeration. If you refill the reservoir only once a week, I would see more of a need for a pump. Alternatively, you could either put the pump on a timer or turn it off manually now and then. I'm going to do some research and find out the cheapest/best options.

Yep. PK 13/14 has to be used at the right time, though. During the week when your first flowers are just beginning to fatten up and the most additional flowering sites are created, you want to start using it. It increases the number of flowering sites noticeably. I use it for a week to two weeks depending on the plant. If you introduce CannaBoost or KoolBloom powder starting like 4 days after you start PK 13/14, you'll see some FAT flower growth. The Sour Hounds are the first plants I think I really honed in on, timing and feeding wise. I can notice them put on pretty strong weight daily and feed pretty hard without showing any nute burn. PK 13/14 is amazing if used correctly.

Thanks bro I'll have to get some.

Thanks bro I'll have to get some.
You'll be glad you did. Quick tip: increase your feeding of everything and do some defoliation right when you start PK 13/14. Bud production will be amazing, and you'll end up with a lot less popcorn. I think that I would've gotten an extra ounce of goods off of the Fantasmo Express if I hit the PK at the right moment and followed it up with a feeding boost and serious defoliation.

You'll be glad you did. Quick tip: increase your feeding of everything and do some defoliation right when you start PK 13/14. Bud production will be amazing, and you'll end up with a lot less popcorn. I think that I would've gotten an extra ounce of goods off of the Fantasmo Express if I hit the PK at the right moment and followed it up with a feeding boost and serious defoliation.

Yeah I need to start defoliating a lot more. Just harvested a Chen city blues and the lowers and a lot of the middle buds didn't get the light penetrating they needed. A booster working of helped but it was my first coco grow and I wanted to stay real basic. The upper colas that were more exposed to the light turnd out nice but could be denser.

Yeah I need to start defoliating a lot more. Just harvested a Chen city blues and the lowers and a lot of the middle buds didn't get the light penetrating they needed. A booster working of helped but it was my first coco grow and I wanted to stay real basic. The upper colas that were more exposed to the light turnd out nice but could be denser.

Nicker, when it comes to light penetrating the canopy, I think I've found an excellent solution. Last month I bought four 50 watt corn cob LEDs that were specifically made by Cree. The bulbs were $10.45 each. The kicker here is that each 50 watt bulb puts out a whopping 8520 lumens each. Compare that to a Mars 300 which puts out a total of 4377 lumens. I'm using them as side lighting and the light penetration into the canopy is just intense. I've got the lights about 6" away from the plants & the plants seem to love it. The bulbs come in either a warm or a cool white light. I don't think they'd replace the red and blue light put out by most overhead LED units, but for side lighting, I've really never seen anything better. I highly recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-5730-50...hash=item23634b432d:m:mHQIj4J6b8DVUEwOihsOz0w

Nicker, when it comes to light penetrating the canopy, I think I've found an excellent solution. Last month I bought four 50 watt corn cob LEDs that were specifically made by Cree. The bulbs were $10.45 each. The kicker here is that each 50 watt bulb puts out a whopping 8520 lumens each. Compare that to a Mars 300 which puts out a total of 4377 lumens. I'm using them as side lighting and the light penetration into the canopy is just intense. I've got the lights about 6" away from the plants & the plants seem to love it. The bulbs come in either a warm or a cool white light. I don't think they'd replace the red and blue light put out by most overhead LED units, but for side lighting, I've really never seen anything better. I highly recommend them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/E27-5730-50...hash=item23634b432d:m:mHQIj4J6b8DVUEwOihsOz0w

Awesome thank you!!

Picture update for the Hounds. I'm quickly lowering PK 13/14, slowly reducing A&B, and am pushing KoolBloom now. I'm hoping to harvest at about 25%~ amber in 3 weeks to make sure that the high is narcotic and the buds are fat. If they hit 30% amber before 3 weeks is up, I guess I'll harvest. I feel that anything above there is maybe excessive.

IMG_20160510_010502.jpg
1462860665707-334976894.jpg

Back