Mephisto Genetics Dr. Danklove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Coco Hempy

But yeah, 5 gallon coco is too big IMO. Coco allows A LOT more water, air, and root mass in the same space compared to soil. As such, less Coco can be more. Also, less Coco means it's safer and easier to water daily, which increases effectiveness.

Anyway, the Hounds are my favorite plant. Next time I grow them, it'll probably be in a 1 gallon Coco Sea of Green with 0 tops, 1 fim.

One gallon pots - that's what I'd do too. Figure 1 plant per square foot and probably set up a drip system because in pots that small, they'll need several waterings/feedings a day. But if what Truu says is true over in the Coco threads, you can expect the plants to actually get bigger when you go to a smaller pot size because they dry out faster and therefore require more feedings, which equals bigger plants. Truu does his in 1 gallon plastic grow bags. Simple.

I'm dying to try Coco. People say you can get the same growth as with DWC, BUT YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT AIR PUMPS! I really hate the sound of air pumps so Coco looks like a dream to me.

One gallon pots - that's what I'd do too. Figure 1 plant per square foot and probably set up a drip system because in pots that small, they'll need several waterings/feedings a day. But if what Truu says is true over in the Coco threads, you can expect the plants to actually get bigger when you go to a smaller pot size because they dry out faster and therefore require more feedings, which equals bigger plants. Truu does his in 1 gallon plastic grow bags. Simple.

I'm dying to try Coco. People say you can get the same growth as with DWC, BUT YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUT AIR PUMPS! I really hate the sound of air pumps so Coco looks like a dream to me.
One gallons with a drip feeder sounds simply amazing. I have a bunch of gallon jugs I'm thinking of using as pots, but I think getting smartpots or grow bags might just be a better choice.

Do you any cheaper options for drip feeding systems? I'm fine with DIY, but really looking to keep budget about it.

A hempy would be cheaper than a drip system, but I think you get better growth with a drip. You could maybe cut out the cost of the pump if you could pull off some sort of DIY gravity feed system similar to the auto-pots. You'd still need to buy drip hose and a res and you'd still need an air pump to keep things aerated.

Hempies are definitely more cost efficient.

A hempy would be cheaper than a drip system, but I think you get better growth with a drip. You could maybe cut out the cost of the pump if you could pull off some sort of DIY gravity feed system similar to the auto-pots. You'd still need to buy drip hose and a res and you'd still need an air pump to keep things aerated.

Hempies are definitely more cost efficient.
I was thinking of using a drip system WITH hempies. The ultimate combination of effectiveness and laziness!

Anyway, the Fantasmo is finally set out to dry. I'm trying not to expect any specific yield, but I'm praying that it's as high as it looks.

Oh you're gonna have a killer yield. Your plants are not just beautiful; they are loaded. You've done a great job. :cheers:
Thanks so much, man. It means a lot.

Quick update on the Durban Poison: Trichs are mostly cloudy, a few clear. She's fading pretty fast and smells so much like grapefruit that it makes me nauseous. I guess it's awesome to have such a fruity smelling plant, but I HATE grapefruit. Whatever. Anyway, she's being flushed. At the rate she's fading, it looks like I'll have to chop her Friday, and I don't even know if she'll show amber by then.

The Durban Poison and Fantasmo Express are both drying right now. Tonight, I had the liberty of vaping my scissor hash. I have to say that it was honestly one of the most satisfying highs I've ever had. I'm just on cloud 9 right now.

So, the Sour Hounds have the tent to themselves. I'm going to take some pictures of them tomorrow. They look quite good, but they could use more beef. I'm hoping that the heavy light and feeding they're receiving will push them into overdrive. Gotta say, though, these girls are already so frosty.

In other news, I received 5 Grape Crinkle and 2 Skylar White seeds yesterday. That's in addition to 5 Skyrone Stompers, 2 3 Bears, 2 Sour Stompers, and 2 Skywalkers.

In a 1m^2 tent, would it be fine to shove 9 1-gallon coco in there? If so, any suggestions on what to pop? I'm kinda thinking 5x Grape Crinkle, 2x Sour Stomper, 2x 3 Bears OG. I really want to try Skywalker and its hybrids, but these strains seem like they might work better packed together in comparison.

I'm out for now. On my next update, Fantasmo Express final weight as well as Sour Hound picture update.

Back