Mephisto Genetics Dr. Danklove or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Coco Hempy

I've had an Airizer Q for a couple years now that is my go-to pot consuming tool. I also use a haze for traveling purposes, as well as a few glass pipes for burning. Fantasmo is fantastic! I have two jars left that have had a nice long cure. They have a sweet somewhat citrusy smell, and I can almost be satisfied just sniffing the jar. The high is quite potent (early samples were not) , as a bedtime smoke or a during the day buzz. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will be very pleased.

I've had an Airizer Q for a couple years now that is my go-to pot consuming tool. I also use a haze for traveling purposes, as well as a few glass pipes for burning. Fantasmo is fantastic! I have two jars left that have had a nice long cure. They have a sweet somewhat citrusy smell, and I can almost be satisfied just sniffing the jar. The high is quite potent (early samples were not) , as a bedtime smoke or a during the day buzz. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you will be very pleased.
Awesome! Thanks, man. I have an Extreme Q as well and know Haze's marketing dude. Good company. :p

Will continued defoliation stress her out? So far, I feel that slowly defoliating her has led to more flower production without causing noticeable stress, but I'm not whether I should just go for it.

I do not do a lot of defoliation, when I do it is just a few large ones from the bottom and just a couple choice ones from the top So I guess I would agree with your defoliation strategy, I know some others take a more aggressive approach and would say go for it. I'm not sure what road is the one to take, I guess whatever feels right to you.

I do not do a lot of defoliation, when I do it is just a few large ones from the bottom and just a couple choice ones from the top So I guess I would agree with your defoliation strategy, I know some others take a more aggressive approach and would say go for it. I'm not sure what road is the one to take, I guess whatever feels right to you.
Well, I went for the amount of defoliation that looks right. I may trim some more after 2 days if it seems right. I have to say, I think she's looking beautiful.

14604830414731071753498.jpg

1462131957644-1021505517.jpg

Sorry for the low quality images. My camera just doesn't seem to like me today. Anyway, the Fantasmo is 3 days into a flush. She smells like an absolute dream and takes up A LOT of room.
1462132060955-1996525081.jpg

Nug shot from the Fantasmo Express.

Now, to talk about the Sour Hounds. Some aphids have bothered them, I've abused them, and they're sharing a pot. Let's see how they're doing, huh?
1462132129597-884766371.jpg

I'm simply amazed by the vigor of these plants. At this still early(ish) stage of flowering, some of their fan leaves are already frostier than my AutoDurban Poison's buds. Sour Hounds are incredible. Anyway, expecting explosive bud growth for these soon - I'm hitting them with PK 13/14 starting today.

Your Sour Hounds are simply breathtaking. I'm thinking of doing my next grow in Coco, so I'm paying close attention to your thread. Can you tell me exactly how old the hounds are and how tall and wide they are in the last picture? And, in your opinion, is it true that Coco Grows can parallel the growth rates seen in DWC? Also, it looks like you are doing a 5 gal. Coco Hempy and I'd like to know how often you are watering at this stage.

Those are amazing Sour Hounds.

Your Sour Hounds are simply breathtaking. I'm thinking of doing my next grow in Coco, so I'm paying close attention to your thread. Can you tell me exactly how old the hounds are and how tall and wide they are in the last picture? And, in your opinion, is it true that Coco Grows can parallel the growth rates seen in DWC? Also, it looks like you are doing a 5 gal. Coco Hempy and I'd like to know how often you are watering at this stage.

Those are amazing Sour Hounds.
In the last picture, they're Day 45. I think they usually harvest in the 70 day window. Should be plenty of time to get nice and fat. The bigger one is 21" and the smaller is 18" tall. The width of the whole canopy is about 24". So each plant is taking up about a square foot of space. Believe it or not, this was my first (albeit well researched) grow. I 100% believe that Coco can be as effective as DWC. I think a drip system in 3-gallon drain to waste (or 100% coco Hempy) would be the optimal performer. In order to keep humidity levels down a bit and fight off bugs, I've been watering every other day, sometimes every third day. Today is chop day for the Fantasmo. Soon, the tent will belong all to the Hounds. They're also transitioning to 1 gallon feeding daily now.

But yeah, 5 gallon coco is too big IMO. Coco allows A LOT more water, air, and root mass in the same space compared to soil. As such, less Coco can be more. Also, less Coco means it's safer and easier to water daily, which increases effectiveness.

Anyway, the Hounds are my favorite plant. Next time I grow them, it'll probably be in a 1 gallon Coco Sea of Green with 0 tops, 1 fim.

Speaking of next grow, I've got 2 of each artisanal on hand as well as 5 Skyrone Stompers. Any votes on what to pop next?

Back