@Dr.Bubbles OMG I thought you died! :worship: So glad to see you online!

Ooops I renamed the thread because well......................... I can put it back if you want :doh:

When was the last time you actually ate Spaghetti-Os:rofl:. That would be the last of the survival foods :crying:

:pighug:

... still eating gloriously I see.
I feel like some Hollywood meals are coming.
Isn’t there some sorta holiday coming up ?

And what’s all the rage about this French cooking tactic involving a slow boiling
Is it good? Aren’t you sketched out about trace plastics and such

So when I went to the farmer I ordered the cucumbers from she had the wrong kind Gutas :doh:. So I had to go with what I could find since I had all other ingredients lined up to go. All the pickling varieties (one in stock) were much to big to pickle whole. Dill Spears it is!

7# pickling Cucumbers
4 bright orange carrots cut in quarters lengthwise
7 large garlic cloves
7 large grape leaves
1 cup Pickling Salt
1/4 tsp. Pickle Crisp per jar
1- 12oz bottle of Orchids Rice vinegar - no longer available here subbing another brand Marukan Organic Rice Vinegar. It won't be the same!
6 cups of Heinz white vinegar
12 cups water
Generous sprigs of fresh Baby Dill for each jar.

Wash the produce, clean and prep 7 quart jars. Bring the salt, vinegar and water to a boil. pack the jars with the produce equally. Fill with the boiling hot mixture to 1/4 inch from the top and seal with new lids and rings. Process in a hot water bath at 180°F for 15 minute. Remove to a quiet spot out of the breeze to cool and seal. Ready to eat in 6 months.

_DSC3789.JPG
_DSC3790.JPG
_DSC3791.JPG
_DSC3793.JPG

Next add time.......................................

Hello fellas. Basically I smashed my old Moto Droid phone right around the time that AFN went down and everyone was playing around on that High of the Tiger place. I was already out of my contract, going month to month, so I figured that was a decent time to sign my life away for 24 months and catch a killer deal on something nice...so I gots a Google Pixel 4XL for $7 a month. Not a bad deal, it was a sweet promotion that was happening, and it worked out lovely. This was the first smart phone I ever scored like that. Ever. One of the main reasons I got it was for the camera. There is zero bloatwate on here as well, which I'm all about. Like legitimately none at all. After 16 months with it, I can say with confidence that's it's a pretty killer phone...and it's orange, so there's that. Lol, I had to wait like 8 days for it to come because I had to have the Oh So Orange, and I had to get it in the mail...it was freaking torture!! Like I said, I've never ordered a smart phone like that, so it was exciting.

I've been a bit down and out...I lost my mommy last January from COPD. Fuckin tough. At least she never saw what a fucking dumpster fire 2020 was if there is any good to come of it, that was it. At least she's not hurting anymore.

In some more upbeat news, I got some new kitchen appliance goodies!! Badass Samsung 5 burner convection oven with 2 insane power burners up front. The whole top is usable, so it's a lot like cooking on a commercial rig. I absolutely love it. Also scored a new sick French door fridge and a new over the range microwave while the dollars were flowing as well...gotta keep everything matching...lol... when in Rome.

I seen Bushy's new Blackstone griddle, that thing looks fucking ridiculous. You always have the coolest kitchen toys. I got on here this afternoon for the first time and saw May with all his crazy steaks and fajitas and bacon and that Asian thing. That shit looked KILLER!!! Anyways, I decided to come correct to the food hole, so I made a tasty sammich for the occasion.

This is what I did for dindin:

PSX_20210602_065331.jpg

When a meatloaf presents itself...make it into a Sammie!!. The top got a little away from me, but it was all good.
PXL_20210602_100156460.jpg

Some other recent highlights

PXL_20210529_220646125.jpg

PXL_20210527_000552235.jpg

PXL_20210525_225221479.jpg

PXL_20210512_004012991.jpg

Grilled cow with some stuff
162° Grilled Turkey Breast!!
Popeye's new chicken sammich - refried and reassembled at home
Grilled flank steak burritos

so damn good!!!
Oh man another post with some seafood. I don't get it very often and makes my mouth :drool: I'm suppose to be treated to sushi this weekend so will see if that happens.
Hello fellas. Basically I smashed my old Moto Droid phone right around the time that AFN went down and everyone was playing around on that High of the Tiger place. I was already out of my contract, going month to month, so I figured that was a decent time to sign my life away for 24 months and catch a killer deal on something nice...so I gots a Google Pixel 4XL for $7 a month. Not a bad deal, it was a sweet promotion that was happening, and it worked out lovely. This was the first smart phone I ever scored like that. Ever. One of the main reasons I got it was for the camera. There is zero bloatwate on here as well, which I'm all about. Like legitimately none at all. After 16 months with it, I can say with confidence that's it's a pretty killer phone...and it's orange, so there's that. Lol, I had to wait like 8 days for it to come because I had to have the Oh So Orange, and I had to get it in the mail...it was freaking torture!! Like I said, I've never ordered a smart phone like that, so it was exciting.

I've been a bit down and out...I lost my mommy last January from COPD. Fuckin tough. At least she never saw what a fucking dumpster fire 2020 was if there is any good to come of it, that was it. At least she's not hurting anymore.

In some more upbeat news, I got some new kitchen appliance goodies!! Badass Samsung 5 burner convection oven with 2 insane power burners up front. The whole top is usable, so it's a lot like cooking on a commercial rig. I absolutely love it. Also scored a new sick French door fridge and a new over the range microwave while the dollars were flowing as well...gotta keep everything matching...lol... when in Rome.

I seen Bushy's new Blackstone griddle, that thing looks fucking ridiculous. You always have the coolest kitchen toys. I got on here this afternoon for the first time and saw May with all his crazy steaks and fajitas and bacon and that Asian thing. That shit looked KILLER!!! Anyways, I decided to come correct to the food hole, so I made a tasty sammich for the occasion.

This is what I did for dindin:

View attachment 1325484

When a meatloaf presents itself...make it into a Sammie!!. The top got a little away from me, but it was all good.
View attachment 1325774

Some other recent highlights

View attachment 1325775
View attachment 1325776
View attachment 1325777
View attachment 1325778

Grilled cow with some stuff
162° Grilled Turkey Breast!!
Popeye's new chicken sammich - refried and reassembled at home
Grilled flank steak burritos
I'm sorry about your mom. Mine has COPD and congestive heart failure. I found my Mom on the floor blocking the door to the apartment in January and had to call 911 as I thought she was passed away. She spend over 2 months at the hospital and nursing home before being let back home.
Now on oxygen concentrator and oxygen bottles. The food looks good and glad to have you back in the mix here.
:drool:

I picked this induction burner up at a garbage/garage sale for a buck. Works great I like to cook on the patio so I don't stink up the house weather permitting.
Sweet looking meat loaf sandwich Doctor :coffee: Ya know what they say "don't let your meat loaf" :bighug:
induction burner.JPG

I LOVE my induction burner. Like it's absolutely fucking fantastic, and it's REPEATABLE!! Try this:. Go to the stores and score yourself a nice 10-12 qt ceramic coated cast iron Dutch oven pot with a nice lid. Bam. You now have the best home fryer that exists.

Now, it's not quite a gas powered commercial fryer....but it's light years better than any Fry Daddy or whathavu at the local hypermart. Put a quart of peanut oil in there and score some wings or some haddock or whatever gets hot oiled.

I run mine at one down from the max and it maintains 330° ±4° like it was meant to do that. And it recovers so quick. It's absolutely bonkers. I use mine pretty much exclusively as a patio cooker and a fryer.

I made legit homemade fried chicken a few months ago that was as good as any I've ever had. I bought two whole free range, corn fed fryers got about $8 a pop and broke those down into 16 pieces. Marinated the chicken in a quart of buttermilk with a bunch of hot sauce for 24 hours...straight out of the buttermilk into the dry Ziplock (flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, paprika, pepper) and then onto a rack to rest for 20 mins.

Drop em in and let it ride
PXL_20210316_000921499.jpg
PXL_20210316_000926675.jpg
PXL_20210317_013026122.jpg

I never got a pic of all 16 because we cut it into 2 rounds. I believe this was round 2. I finished em in the oven at 300° just to get all those joints and weirdos melted down.

Incredible. If you got a Dutch oven, toss it on and fill it with a quart of shiney grease.

I get to play Plumber Bubbles this evening. Yay.

PXL_20210604_022017324.jpg

That is supposed to be a T there with a breather. My kitchen sink was running a tad slow so I got in there with the snake and the hose. Got a bit overzealous with the 4' lever that is the breather, and snapped it right at the T fitting.
PXL_20210604_022340917.jpg

Anybody see what's missing? I gotta go back in the morning. Anyone? Bueller? I forgot the primer. PVC primer is essential. Oops. So I actually can't play Plumber Bubbles till tomorrow....and I also can't use my kitchen sink. Poopies. Whatever....shit happens, and it was only $24 so far, so it's not the end of the world.

While I'm standing in the kitchen, here's my new stove and microwave combo
PXL_20210604_022840088.jpg

Have a good night fellas.

Back