I love seafood for breakfast.

_DSC5001.JPG

So I have decided to cut down on the complex carbs and got a spiralizer to help do that. If I eat zoodles twice for every time I eat noodles; it will make a difference.

_DSC5002.JPG

I really liked the zoodles the texture was so unexpected. They took the sauce well.

So the other day when I went to grind my coffee for espresso, my machine sounded like it would eat itself. I don't know if I over reacted or if I have been mind controlled by the improvements in this new

fireworks1.gif

_DSC5003.JPG

I love seafood for breakfast.

View attachment 1495419

So I have decided to cut down on the complex carbs and got a spiralizer to help do that. If I eat zoodles twice for every time I eat noodles; it will make a difference.

View attachment 1495420

I really liked the zoodles the texture was so unexpected. They took the sauce well.

So the other day when I went to grind my coffee for espresso, my machine sounded like it would eat itself. I don't know if I over reacted or if I have been mind controlled by the improvements in this new

View attachment 1495425

View attachment 1495421

Love the zoodles. I bought some zucs yesterday to make some. I also bought some eggplant to make a ragu. I eat regular pasta as well, but I have been eating zoodles for over 15 years. I have the spiralizer that mounts on the counter and a handheld. Pretty fancy grinder. Love a burr grinder and glad you recommended getting one.

What is a burr grinder and what the fuck are zoodles?

Those peach slices look fantastic Green Jeans. I love the two tone color, they look about as perfect as peaches can be.

I took advantage of Grilla Grills very short lived accessory sale and grabbed the last thing for my Kang, which is the Grill Grates. They were like $30 off for a few days. I hadda…the stars aligned.

Hey Doc, my new coffee mill is a burr type grinder. I has to due with the cutting edges of the grinder as opposed to a spinning blade. The idea is to grind the coffee to precisely the same size particles, without heating it. There are flat and conical and in between burr styles.

2022-08-02_12-41-57.jpg

So my first Pull to day was dreamy. The coffee falls out of the grinder without obstruction. As a result; it was really fluffy and filled the portafilter very evenly.

Ms. MOG and I both noticed a change in the flavor profile of our espresso. I like it.

What is a burr grinder and what the fuck are zoodles?

Those peach slices look fantastic Green Jeans. I love the two tone color, they look about as perfect as peaches can be.

I took advantage of Grilla Grills very short lived accessory sale and grabbed the last thing for my Kang, which is the Grill Grates. They were like $30 off for a few days. I hadda…the stars aligned.
I will let MOG explain the burr grinder. Zoodles are noodle made from zucchini on a spiralizer. Grill great work great for me on the gas grill. I would always figure them into the purchase when I get another gas grill. No flame up ever.

Hey Doc, my new coffee mill is a burr type grinder. I has to due with the cutting edges of the grinder as opposed to a spinning blade. The idea is to grind the coffee to precisely the same size particles, without heating it. There are flat and conical and in between burr styles.

View attachment 1495604

So my first Pull to day was dreamy. The coffee falls out of the grinder without obstruction. As a result; it was really fluffy and filled the portafilter very evenly.

Ms. MOG and I both noticed a change in the flavor profile of our espresso. I like it.
You are right. It does change the taste.

I had a suspicion about the zoodley oodleys. I got a cheap zoodler way back in the time before internet. It was just some freebie that I got with some Ronco knives. I still have the knives, they work awesome for bread. I also got these juice nipples that you screw into citrus fruit and drink. Another freebie.

What was not a freebie is my newest piece of crazy gear to go with my insane new guitar…which is known as a Fractal Audio Axe FX III. Five and a quarter inches tall, which is 3RU (rack units - 1.75” x 3) of absolute mayhem.
6C673C3A-BA70-48C9-AEC3-191D19ED0747.jpeg

BF249DBC-07DC-42DC-BBEF-E089483D9EEC.jpeg

It’s the most amazing sounding and complicated piece of gear that exists for guitar in my humble opinion…but it can literally do ANYTHING and replace any or all pieces of gear in a guitar signal chain. From boutique pedals to huge refrigerator sized gear racks that were all the rage back in the day. It is fully qualified to steal the show, it just takes a lot of tinkering to get all the goodies out.

It is still a lot easier to use than something like this, and much friendlier to troubleshoot. Imagine if that stopped working…good luck buddy. Showtime in five minutes…hahaha

E0382A32-052E-43F0-99AD-FBF0EFD19556.jpeg

It allows you to plug a guitar into the front end and it spits fully polished ready to go album guitar tones out the back side, which is sent to full range flat response type speakers...like a PA System or monitor wedges for a live playing scenario or studio monitors and the desk for recording. It’s a Formula One car in every sense of the word, and takes a bit of dedication to truly get the most out of it. Fortunately, full range systems are designed to be flat, and well crafted tones should translate between systems. There is a very powerful set of global EQs and various other controls that can make changes to all the entire unit to account for different rooms and equipment.

I also had to grab my very first pair of studio monitors, I got Kali Audio LP6 v2 powered monitors from Guitar Center last night on sale…$330 for the pair, usually $400. I can finally start recording!!! After 31 years, I can push the red button!!!

Now where the fuck did I put my guitar pick down….

Back to you Janet

I had a suspicion about the zoodley oodleys. I got a cheap zoodler way back in the time before internet. It was just some freebie that I got with some Ronco knives. I still have the knives, they work awesome for bread. I also got these juice nipples that you screw into citrus fruit and drink. Another freebie.

What was not a freebie is my newest piece of crazy gear to go with my insane new guitar…which is known as a Fractal Audio Axe FX III. Five and a quarter inches tall, which is 3RU (rack units - 1.75” x 3) of absolute mayhem.
View attachment 1495841
View attachment 1495842

It’s the most amazing sounding and complicated piece of gear that exists for guitar in my humble opinion…but it can literally do ANYTHING and replace any or all pieces of gear in a guitar signal chain. From boutique pedals to huge refrigerator sized gear racks that were all the rage back in the day. It is fully qualified to steal the show, it just takes a lot of tinkering to get all the goodies out.

It is still a lot easier to use than something like this, and much friendlier to troubleshoot. Imagine if that stopped working…good luck buddy. Showtime in five minutes…hahaha

View attachment 1495832

It allows you to plug a guitar into the front end and it spits fully polished ready to go album guitar tones out the back side, which is sent to full range flat response type speakers...like a PA System or monitor wedges for a live playing scenario or studio monitors and the desk for recording. It’s a Formula One car in every sense of the word, and takes a bit of dedication to truly get the most out of it. Fortunately, full range systems are designed to be flat, and well crafted tones should translate between systems. There is a very powerful set of global EQs and various other controls that can make changes to all the entire unit to account for different rooms and equipment.

I also had to grab my very first pair of studio monitors, I got Kali Audio LP6 v2 powered monitors from Guitar Center last night on sale…$330 for the pair, usually $400. I can finally start recording!!! After 31 years, I can push the red button!!!

Now where the fuck did I put my guitar pick down….

Back to you Janet

Wow!!! You're goin all friggin out on the gear! Nice!!! A friend in SF has a Fractal that Ive played through and as you have said, beyond amazing. Hit me in a post in 6 months when you finally leave the room it's in...Enjoy brother!!!

I got this Axe on Reverb with a Fractal EV-2 Expression pedal. It came with a bunch of crazy presets, but I wanted to take advantage of the JP6’s dual signal paths. Anyway, I hooked the pair of Kali Audio LP6 v2 monitors up to Out 1 L+R with a pair of Ernie Ball 10’ XLR cables. I turned everything on and to my surprise, it worked!! I found a patch called Petrucci 1 & 2 taking up the 81st and 82nd preset spots, with all 8 scenes being utilized. It was only utilizing Input 1…which is the Tip of the TRS jack, the DiMarzio magnetic pickups, but it sounded really good. I can’t believe how amazing these pickups sound clean, and how thick and luscious the reverb and delays are.

I downloaded the 160 page PDF manual a little bit ago and started from the top. About 6 minutes in and I adjusted the input gain for both Input 1 & Input 2 where the Ring of the TRS is going…the piezo pickup. Wow. Next I noticed the output 1 settings were set in mono, plus the level was at -10dBu (consumer level) instead of the proper +4dBu of pro audio gear. Okay…now we’re cooking with gasohol.

Next I busted out my laptop and went to Fractal website and downloaded Axe Edit III. I hooked the USB up and….nothing. Yay. After some scouring of the internet I realized that the drivers were probably screwy or something. I grabbed the newest ones and about a minute later….SUCCESS!! We now have the magic black box talking to the ASUS PC. I now have the ability to easily jump around and see all the crazy presets. Between the ones that came installed, plus the factory presets, it was used all the way up to the 380 spot. Jeez. I will be amazed if I need more than a dozen. Hahah. So I figured that 400 was a nice easy number to remember, and it was totally blank. Let’s make “Baby’s first Fractal preset”

So I jumped on the Tube of You and watched a “How to make your first preset” video. The guy was jumping around so fast I had to pause and rewind the video at least 15 times. I didn’t pay attention to exactly what he was doing, but instead sort of followed along and went my own way…so I could actually learn something and not just imitate like a monkey man. I learned how to add blocks and mess with them, and how to connect the lines. I still have yet to hear the piezo pickups which are plugged into Input 2. So I made a little clean preset with the magnetic pickups. It was boring. Now that I understand the basics, and felt like living dangerously…so I pulled up a block and made it into Input 2 and placed it directly below the boring Input 1 patch. I connected it to the Output 1 block and….BAM….WE GOT PIEZO!!! Haha, I am an Axe FX preset maker. After adjusting a few levels and adding some chorus and delay. It looked like this:
84FC17C7-35C8-49AC-AE68-2730BE05D41A.jpeg

OH MY GOD IT SOUNDS UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best clean sound I have EVER HEARD!!!! It’s that fucking good. I even got this thing communicating with Reaper over the ASIO for all standard. I can record!!!!!! This is not nearly as bad as some dummies make it out to be. I am gonna be busy learning this thing inside and out, but my first ever preset sounds like a million bucks, and I whipped it up in less than 10 minutes. Watch out, I’mout of control and headed your way. Bam. Ear to ear grin from this dummi.

When I looked at my picture above, I just realized I am on Firmware 12.09…man, that’s dinosaur level firmware. They just released FW 20.02 on July 22. I got some updating to make happens. Damn, that’s a huge jump.

Back