Thanks for the reps @Dr.Bubbles :d5:
Good to see ya back around….I was about to send up a signal
10D8EF5C-6FA4-42C4-BEFA-491C95FA01DB.png

Sweet ax, by the way:headbang:

I scored it for $2500. It’s “used”…if you could call it that, the only thing used about it is the price though. It still has the same strings that came on it from the factory. I would venture to say it’s got less than 10 hours of out of the case time. With shipping it was $2600. If I would have ordered it, it would have been $3900 plus tax, which would make it $4212 here in NY.

it’s my dream guitar. I got the joose humps. The dude said it even smells new still.

More to come as this story unfolds. Back to you Janet.

…ohh Brad

I scored it for $2500. It’s “used”…if you could call it that, the only thing used about it is the price though. It still has the same strings that came on it from the factory. I would venture to say it’s got less than 10 hours of out of the case time. With shipping it was $2600. If I would have ordered it, it would have been $3900 plus tax, which would make it $4212 here in NY.

it’s my dream guitar. I got the joose humps. The dude said it even smells new still.

More to come as this story unfolds. Back to you Janet.

…ohh Brad
You always got to be patient. You will find a deal on most things if you don't lock into a specific thing especially. I am checking usaudiomart, reverb, craigslist, Audiogon, and some dealers that handle used audio, Multiple times a day! Got my eye on a pair of Altec Lansing 604-8g's. I am trying not to buy them.

It’s a JP6 20th Anniversary. Mahogany body, flame maple top, mahogany neck with ebony board. It’s got a 15” radius, stainless frets, DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire in bridge and neck respectively. It’s got a push/push volume and tone pot. The volume pot push has a +15dB preamp boost built in, and the tone pot push has a coil split in the middle position. It’s got a Fishman piezo built into the saddles, with its own preamp and a completely discreet signal path. It’s got two quarter inch output jacks, with the main one being a TRS jack that can accept a custom insert Y type cable with a TRS on one end and split TS quarter inch on the other. That way the magnetic and piezo signal stay completely discreet and can go their separate ways. The upper three way toggle on the horn is the switch for mag - piezo- both, and the third knob is the dedicated piezo output volume knob. It’s got a spot on the back for a tiny screwdriver where you can set the EQ and overall output of the piezo, it’s got a bass, treble and gain pot, as well as another screwdriver hole for the gain on the +15dB boost. It will drive long cables like a champ, or in my case, it’s like a built in TS-9 Tube Screamer. Just smack the volume knob and you get more meat instantly. Schaller M6-IND locking tuners, Music Man’s patented compensated nut, a heel mounted truss wheel just past the 24th fret, and quite possibly the best floating bridge system that has ever been designed.

Wow. Did I miss anything? Jesus, this is the guitar that can literally do EVERYTHING. Holy shit, I’ve wanted one forever. I’m a HUGE fan of John Petrucci and Dream Theater. I’ve seen em 14 times…Nurse B has been 8.

I’m building a wet dry wet rig based around a dry Boogie Mark Five:35 head and Mesa 4x12 cab with an Axe FX III in four cable method, and a pair of Xitone 1x12 FRFR active wedges fully wet in stereo. Quite possibly the most diverse and badass guitar rig that can exist. It’s gonna be fucking EPIC.

You always got to be patient. You will find a deal on most things if you don't lock into a specific thing especially. I am checking usaudiomart, reverb, craigslist, Audiogon, and some dealers that handle used audio, Multiple times a day! Got my eye on a pair of Altec Lansing 604-8g's. I am trying not to buy them.
I scored this on Reverb. I’m always on the lookout. I got the Craigslist app and Reverb app right next to each other on my iPad. Haha. I just was watching Randy Messner, aka The Cheap Audio Man on YouTube yesterday. He was talking with Big Dan, the founder and CEO of Emotiva, and they just announced new speakers. They now have T3+ monster sized towers with a matching C3+ FUCKING HUGE ass center channel that looks beautiful.

I scored this on Reverb. I’m always on the lookout. I got the Craigslist app and Reverb app right next to each other on my iPad. Haha. I just was watching Randy Messner, aka The Cheap Audio Man on YouTube yesterday. He was talking with Big Dan, the founder and CEO of Emotiva, and they just announced new speakers. They now have T3+ monster sized towers with a matching C3+ FUCKING HUGE ass center channel that looks beautiful.
These are what I think I want to build eventually Altec 620 cabinets. Keep in mind that is a 16" woofer. Not as big as some of the Tannoy boxes, but big. 9cf?. 100DB/1watt

ee29073b9dbf9257d07cad42488221f0--cabinet-ideas-duplex.jpg

download.jpeg

Tannoy Westminster 15"

I also am thinking about these for a build Calpamos 15"

58da6e16762589387c55c2a0cb0d9bb6.jpg

But I still have a lot of love for a TAD (Japanese high-end Pioneer) clone. I am thinking of getting a CNC for work. It would make it a lot easier than a router jig for this.

images.jpeg

Instead of crossovers, I am thinking of DBX drive rack. There is a lot of money and time in building crossovers. I already have a mini dsp. But they say those drive racks are really easy. The Altec and the TAD are studio monitors. TAD Made giant studio monitors just like JBL as well.

jbl-4350-studio-monitor-.jpg

There is also the Lascala bass bin with a horn on top.
image-asset.jpeg

Now Those are what I call big speakers. I would like to have them all. As the Three Bad Jack's song goes. Crazy in the head!

DBX Driverack PA+ is an amazing piece of kit. I have personal experience with that unit. I’ve seen it absolutely crush…my old guitar teacher, Sebastian Marino, came back to Rochester after a one album recording and touring cycle with Overkill. All he wanted was to be in a huge band, but when he finally got it, he was about to be a first time dad and just got married. He quit and came back here, and started a little business as a live sound engineer. I hadn’t seen him in 7 or 8 years. I was playing a show at this club, and the sound guy comes over and mics my Mesa cab, and low and behold….it’s Seb!! Wowza. The venue hired him for the night. They had their house PA, and he had a whole Ryder truck full of gear with him. He invited me to come over to the board and hang out for a bit before showtime and catch up…well, needless to say, he had a pair of Driverack PA+ units in his monster 16RU amp racks…two identical racks, one in each. He also had a slew of identical high end QSC power amps and JBL speakers. He added his rig to the house rig and sent everything through the DBX Driveracks. He turned everything up and played some program music…it sounded great. He turned it up and it got a bit thin and there was some feedback. He backed it down…looked at me and said “watch this”….ran the auto EQ room correction. WOW. It took a decent sounding rig and made it stellar. I couldn’t believe what a difference it made. In everything. It totally killed the feedback, it was the closest thing I’ve heard to a hifi in a club. Very impressed. It also picked up a ton of headroom and made the subs POUND. I was very excited to get to play through this rig….with my old guitar teacher running the board. What a fun ass show. Best monitor mix I think I’ve ever had too. That’s a killer bit of gear in one rack space.

Overkill, nice! Got to meet Bobby Ellsworth and the rest of the band a few times. We had a unit in a rehearsal warehouse where a lot of thrash bands were and used to hang with Exodus and Testament. Cool guys!

Back