Smoked ribs and cream cheese some with green tomato jalapeño jam.
121BD36A-6F2B-4AA1-BE8B-6231A5C089B8.jpeg
3AEE7C10-E2DE-4681-9F70-9CCD6A92C0AC.jpeg
E7FB5B6F-1B05-4C92-AB4A-9EC59F0924A9.jpeg
8A4DB67E-4BF2-43F8-911E-5E616FFF9624.jpeg

Yes the Moro Blood Oranges are very good this year. We have so many. It makes really good salad dressing and hollandaise
You have moro blood orange trees? We have a dwarf moro and dwarf Meyer lemon. Been struggling forever with the orange and no idea how to get it on track. No oranges yet and the tree is about 10 years old and we've had them about 8. Have had a few mini oranges over the years but they've all have fallen off around acorn size. Never really even flowers. Lemon tree grows well and produces anywhere from a dozen to 3 dozen ripe lemons by Christmas usually and is currently about to bloom. Any advice with the orange tree? Feel like the wife is about to give up on it if we can't turn it around

Hit the meatpacker plant this morning. They are open to the public on Saturdays till 1pm. Tri tips, and Hanger $5.99 lb and miscut ribs 7lb box $7 . Got some bulk Italian sausage, and pepperoni for pizza making. Smoked sausage Ribyes and Strip steaks. I am going to pickup a new pellet grill in a week or two to add to the fleet. Also been stacking up some corned beef to make some mock Pastrami.

IMG_20220305_120422842.jpg

Apple wood smoked Italian sweet and mild sausage for the lasagna assembly tomorrow. The Pork roast was dinner. Ms. MOG made baked Korabi with Pecorino Romano. I was too hungry to get pics.

_DSC4495.JPG
_DSC4496.JPG
_DSC4498.JPG

I haven't been doing any cooking lately. The wife has been making the meals and I just show up to the table.

MOG thanks for the rep.

So here is my Gluten Free, Bovine free Lasagna.

In the summer when the tomatoes are ripe I would make my own sauce. Well not last year as the Opossum ate all of the Romas :rofl:

I got the sausage from an Italian Deli where Grandma still has her hand in the cooking and sausage making. I smoked them in Apple Wood yesterday and sliced them lengthwise into 1/3rds .

_DSC4495.JPG

Clean and slice the Portabella mushrooms.

_DSC4499.JPG

It takes two pans to get these going. Put a little chicken stock in the pan to help the mushrooms to begin to sweat. If you start your muchrooms like this before adding any oil the pores in the mushrooms close and they do not absorb a bunch of oil. Pinch of salt, a bit of olive oil toss and then flame with some Madeira and Brandy. I would like to use more but I worry about this Home range hood and too much fire. Finally a sprinkle of lemon juice.

_DSC4500.JPG
_DSC4501.JPG
_DSC4502.JPG
_DSC4503.JPG

Next we make a Parsley, Garlic and Goat butter wilt.

_DSC4504.JPG
_DSC4505.JPG

After I use the cuisinart to chop the garlic and parsley leaves. I use it to shread the cheese. Not the crumbles silly.

_DSC4506.JPG
_DSC4507.JPG
_DSC4508.JPG

Continued...

I am just using Newman's Own Marinara Sauce. It is as close to a home style as you can get in a bottle.

2022-03-06_13-47-11.jpg

_DSC4509.JPG
_DSC4510.JPG
_DSC4511.JPG

Sausage and Mozzarella cheese!
_DSC4512.JPG
_DSC4513.JPG
_DSC4514.JPG

Mushrooms and Mozzarella.

_DSC4515.JPG

Oops missing a layer of noodles :rofl:

This is the goat crumble with Pecorino Romano and a little Mozzarella Then the wilted Parsley and Garlic in Goat Butter.

_DSC4516.JPG

_DSC4517.JPG
_DSC4518.JPG
_DSC4519.JPG
_DSC4520.JPG

Now I have learned that these no cook noodles work much better if you leave it overnight in the refrigerator.

DO NOT try to precook them, you get a ball of dough that will be forever glued to itself. Been there done that :pass:

Back