_DSC4059.JPG
_DSC4060.JPG
_DSC4061.JPG

That scoring looks lovely!!!

I have missed out on that so many times. I simply fucking forget about it. I did get my turkey last year though. Scored them drums and thighs right down to the bone...nice clean one slice gashes with a wicked sharp bladei. Absolutely do this in your next big bird. I am ALL ABOUT more surface area with big hunks of muscles...there is no argument; it cooks better, it looks better, it allows salt to penetrate deeper, it cooks better, it looks better, it gives more surface area for browning, it looks better, it cooks better. That's like 8 reasons or something why you need to be keeping score at home. More commonly called home scoring among the Pennsylvania Dutch communities. That's where the pretzels live!!!

HErez mY mMM-SPeShal peEeZa. I vDiid 6ood I tHiNKz??
PSX_20210929_231602.jpg

PEEETzahaj!!!

PSX_20210929_231836.jpg

BeRGgarz!!!

PSX_20210929_182854.jpg

Jeez is Mahm?

Okay okay, I'll stOPpsp. Cheez pie w/ pecorino, basil, gahlik, and 3.815 drops of oil. Be careful not to exceed 3.823, you're pretty much in uncharted territory at that level. It came out terrific. I did the bake and then finish under high broil for 2 mins. Works every time...I am using the broiler a full 10 times more than I ever have in the past. I really love this Samsung, it's a FUCKING nightmare to clean though....drives me NUTS... Franklin? Back me up here. It SUCKS.

I had two dozen extra burger patties that I froze the night of the party. Super impressed with these, the quality of the meat is really nice. These came out perfect, I didn't even plate em...we just ate em like caveman's do. They cooked perfect and had a gorgeous sear. They are crafted from 85/15 chuck @ 113g a pop. I think that 4oz is the ideal burger size...I've made a lot of half pounders, they used to have two packs of big brioche rolls that were at least 30% bigger than the rest. Me and the naughty Nurse with the dreds and the giant bazongas made 'Kobe' burgers with Gorgonzola and sauteed shitake mushrooms, and put on a couple THICC slices of the most insane bacon I've ever seen...I think we spent about $35 to make those two burgers, the beef was $20 for a pound on its own. It was the beefiest tasting burger I've ever had, without a doubt...that burger was almost life changing...it was like 4 years ago or something. I just asked Nurse B and she remembers them fondly....that's what good food is supposed to do, make fucking memories. These burgers were that fucking good though. Hell...just get the best ground you can find and follow the recipe, you won't regret it.

That stained glass pic doesn't even look real. I created that image today. It looks fake. I want to have that as my kitchen ceiling possibly, except I would change that Jesus girl into some guy playing a guitar and smokin a splif.

Franklin? Back me up here. It SUCKS.
Doc ain’t lying….huge pain in the ass to clean. On the plus side, it will help you deal with your inner neat freak in a hurry….since it’s so damn tempting to just leave dirty and clean after you cook tomorrow…..

My last stove was kept to triple the level I keep this...I'm still anal about it, I was just super anal on my last mex. The inside is spotless though. The black top though....jeezless, it's like trying to clean sandpaper. I just noticed it's low heat potential...it's got a bread proofer and dehydrator mode...super cool, most ranges struggle under 2 hunj.

I am making a move to the Asian market downtown sometime this week. Super excited, expect something neat. I wanna make beef jerky too. I GOTTA. I mean, c'mon. It's jerkks. Fuckin jeK.

The sous vide pork comes out with a nice mild rosemary flavor that can easily be pushed into Chinese Stir fry with some ginger. I sliced the fat cap into a Chinese shape and warmed them in a pan with sesame oil and ginger. Then diced pork went into the stir fry.

_DSC4062.JPG

I'm such a jerk
PSX_20211002_030633.jpg

PSX_20211002_074527.jpg

I shall have a full report later today. I think I might have made something incredible.

I snagged a Motor City Pizza from the freezer store. It's a 'Detroit Style Deep Dish' pepperoni with good quality pepps...it's basically a pan pizza in its own pan. Me and NB both gave it a solid two thumbs up. I didn't even have to do any crazy baking....just popped it at 425° for about 23 minutes.

I didn't take a pic sadly, but it looked like this pretty much. I cooked mine about 10-15% less...not quite so dark around the edges. A winner that we will be getting again. Getcha pull on that shit kids!!
08 corner.jpg

I used to fall asleep in my chair in front of late night broadcast tv and the infomercials would play and I would wake up and grab the phone and buy shit. One of the the things that worked out to be really good was the Ron Popeil Dehydrator. I made hundreds of pounds of jerky with that thing. I think it lasted 20 years.

Soy Sauce and brown sugar for the marinade and then sprinkle every spice or herb you like and dry. I have tried so many different spice combinations.

Ronny was the one stop shop...they actually made some decent stuff. I would always watch his infomercials whenever he was slanging something new. I specifically remember the dehydration station and him saying "Make your own jerky for a fraction of the cost". You had me at jerky Ronny ole boy.
PXL_20211003_042718556.jpg

This is actually my first time making assholes I mean jerks. It's looking mighty fine right about meow. I did pretty much exactly what you said...brown sugar and light Kiko base...some mixins, like Worcestershire, smoked pap smear, liquid smoke hickory, spicy peppers red and blacks. The youshe. Here is where I'm at right now, a couple hours in.
PXL_20211003_064153124.jpg

The Sammy Jammy is doing a decent job way down in the 175-180° range..that's like Siberia for an oven.
PXL_20211003_064232917.MP.jpg

I didn't realize it was this easy. I even saved my marinade and am thinking about grabbing another log tomorrow. Why not?

Back