I have not used one of those knives but don't forget the sharpener. I luv my Lansky sharpener
I only have part of a lansky sharpener. I'd love to get one of the wicked edge sharpener but they aren't cheap.
Wicked-Edge-Pro-Pack-2-Precision-Sharpener-Kit-BHQ-52438-er-2-large.jpg

Holy crap wasn't easy to eat this eggs benedict the wife made for dinner tonight. No feeling in my hand to hold onto knife or cut.
View attachment 1333754
Shit man just push your face down into that and go for it:glutton::crying::crying::crying:So was it out-patient surgery? We slice you go home to hurt? Did they give you a prognosis? Glad your home. Eggs Benedict does not qualify as the penance meal I envisioned you eating in a hospital stay. I think that gives you a win!

:slap:

That's the 2nd Benny in as many days. Haha. Would y'all believe that I've never had it before? I gotta see what all the fuss is about. I've never made traditional poached eggs either.

I love eggs, especially from some exceptionally fantastic chickens, I usually make a very high heat over medium egg so the yolk is the consistency of maple syrup. I like my eggs deep, so they can handle the heat and get some nice crispy edge bits.

Maybe I should make some, the fachyna equipped Bubbs freaking loves it. She has not manufactured it either.

Shit man just push your face down into that and go for it:glutton::crying::crying::crying:So was it out-patient surgery? We slice you go home to hurt? Did they give you a prognosis? Glad your home. Eggs Benedict does not qualify as the penance meal I envisioned you eating in a hospital stay. I think that gives you a win!

:slap:
Yeah outpatient for most stuff. The first surgery didn't work had tons of scar tissue that wrapped the nerves. So Dr had to fix everything again and cut even more then he had expected. Now 2-3 months of healing. We do a fried egg for eggs benedict on most as its quicker to feed the whole family.

Roast spatchcocked chicken with some roasted celery + onion giblet gravy. I roasted the chicken on a rack above a pyrex with all the above in the bottom with a smidge of water to prevent scorching. Put a few butter pats under the skin and seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil. I took the pyrex and put it in my cute little saucepan that just came out of storage today. Reduced that until all the water was removed, ran it through a fine strainer and whisked in some flour making a very intense and thick roast chicken roux that I thinned out with a little stock. I didn't get a pic of the chicken beforehand because I couldn't find my phone until someone called it. By that time the whole meal was being plated. Dinner for four with a nice Guatemalan coffee sipper afterwards.

PSX_20210622_192717.jpg

party.gif

We love Taco Tuesdays around our house. It could not be any more simple for such a good meal.

There are a couple of tricks. I use Wesson Oil to fry the taco shells in but you keep the same oil and only use it for corn tortillas. It will develop a very special flavor over time. Make sure to heat it to at least 325°F each time you use it. This will help keep it from going rancid for a long time. The oil I am using now is more than a year old. You just add new to it as needed and keep it in a closed jar when not using.

We also have access to a Mexican Market with a Tortilleria that makes very good fresh corn tortillas.

This is such a huge part of the flavor base of a taco if it ain't right the rest fails as well. Fresh Cilantro, Avocado, Tomato, lettuce, Sauce, cheese and meat to fill.

How I build mine: Soft fried taco shell, shredded goat cheddar, ground meat w/package seasoning , sauce -Red and Green, avocado, tomato, Cilantro, lettuce. This melts the cheese between the hot shell and hot meat. Lettuce on the outside helps hold it together some :rofl: You just have to go full animal to eat these.

_DSC3850.JPG
_DSC3851.JPG

That's the 2nd Benny in as many days. Haha. Would y'all believe that I've never had it before? I gotta see what all the fuss is about. I've never made traditional poached eggs either.

I love eggs, especially from some exceptionally fantastic chickens, I usually make a very high heat over medium egg so the yolk is the consistency of maple syrup. I like my eggs deep, so they can handle the heat and get some nice crispy edge bits.

Maybe I should make some, the fachyna equipped Bubbs freaking loves it. She has not manufactured it either.
It is really all about the sauce. The original way to make it is too much work and can fail. The blender method is quick and easy. Heat your blender jar in hot water before you start. Make sure the tablespoon of hot water is not too hot to cook the yolk! Ms. MOG only uses 2 egg yolks?

2021-06-22_17-50-00.png
2021-06-22_17-48-45.png

Bring two quarts of water to a soft boil and a tsp of vinegar. crack eggs two at a time into the water and keep at a soft boil. With a slotted spoon skim the whites foam out and watch the egg yolk, a minute or so after it turns white all over the yoke lift it out, drain and place on the Toasted Buttered Sour Dough English Muffin. that is topped with a generous slice of Canadian Bacon, spoon on the Holandaise Sauce, garnish with Smoked Paprika and a black olive.

I think the original version has Bechmel sauce I don't use.

I'm gonna try this. Thanks for the tip. I got a nice glass pitcher Cuisinart blender from the 90s when Cuisinart stuff earned it's reputation...that is now shot. Its got membrane switches, and I absolutely guarantee that will be the part that fails when it does. I will resurrect it with a relay wired direct to 120VAC and a spring loaded normally open toggle switch to throw the relay. I love my blender and I literally never use it since I got my direct drive food processor....this will be the perfect excuse to blend things.

I saved that recipe. Traditional French mother sauces can be quite complicated. The only one I make is bechamel, which is a downright pain in the ass how freaking touchy it is. Anything that uses a roux for a thickener is the best, but it's also the most sensitive...but it's well worth it when it comes together. I have made bechamel over a hundred times and I give myself a 6 out of 10 score. I use a scale and my baby dutch oven for every single time and I still haven't mastered it.

Any clue where to score sourdough English muffins? That sounds incredible just on it's own. I had brioche bagels a month ago that were delicious.

The good nurse came home from Aldi a couple weeks ago with a red bag of frozen chicken. I forgot about it, and was looking for a quick snackey the other day. I opened the bag and to my surprise, it was beautiful unprocessed raw breaded chicken fillets that resemble the premium chicken from McDonald's, BK, Wendy's etc.

I fired up the big oil filled Dutchy/Induction burner rig, fried em up and made a quick chicken sammich with some undressed raw shredded coleslaw mix and Hellemans on a potato roll with melty swiss. Holy shit. I know who has a few red bags in their future. In case you were wondering who, it's me. Winner winner chicken dinner. I got 6 quite evenly sized breasts in my bag, I think it was about $5. Score.

Ooh...I was quite interested reading about the Wesson oil corn tortilla thing. Fascinating stuff bro. I have to do that, I love a fresh fried corny. I want to experience this taste you're talking about.

Food:. More than just food

View attachment 1334121

We love Taco Tuesdays around our house. It could not be any more simple for such a good meal.

There are a couple of tricks. I use Wesson Oil to fry the taco shells in but you keep the same oil and only use it for corn tortillas. It will develop a very special flavor over time. Make sure to heat it to at least 325°F each time you use it. This will help keep it from going rancid for a long time. The oil I am using now is more than a year old. You just add new to it as needed and keep it in a closed jar when not using.

We also have access to a Mexican Market with a Tortilleria that makes very good fresh corn tortillas.

This is such a huge part of the flavor base of a taco if it ain't right the rest fails as well. Fresh Cilantro, Avocado, Tomato, lettuce, Sauce, cheese and meat to fill.

How I build mine: Soft fried taco shell, shredded goat cheddar, ground meat w/package seasoning , sauce -Red and Green, avocado, tomato, Cilantro, lettuce. This melts the cheese between the hot shell and hot meat. Lettuce on the outside helps hold it together some :rofl: You just have to go full animal to eat these.

View attachment 1334112View attachment 1334113
Those look incredible.

Tacos are probably the food I would most like to go to 20 different random houses and try. It's tacos. I mean, we are all playing with the same deck, yet they can be so drastically different from person to person... somehow always still good though. Spaghetti is sorta like that too, but it's not always good.

I would eat your tacos any day

Back