Those look incredible.

Tacos are probably the food I would most like to go to 20 different random houses and try. It's tacos. I mean, we are all playing with the same deck, yet they can be so drastically different from person to person... somehow always still good though. Spaghetti is sorta like that too, but it's not always good.

I would eat your tacos any day
Thanks.
We call them Gringo Tacos because they have little to do with what most mexican street tacos look like. My Mexican Grandmother made tacos with BBQ Goat that were amazing and tripas that made me gag! eeewwww..... beans, and every thing else that was in the kitchen. Taco shells were a delivery system. Mexican fast food. The cooking was slow but the service was fast. Burrito is the same thing no flatware needed. Eat on the run.

The analogy to spaghetti so works. I have had many many good spaghetti and a few not so good!

Homemade machaca tacos…..first time making these, or working with carne seca….
C6D2E76B-6FBF-4CEC-8E6C-F98F514FE8EA.jpeg

C5A964F4-866D-4C87-BECC-3DC4F8AEE124.jpeg

35A3F0AA-578D-4925-B1F4-A9DFFBD8E309.jpeg

897EB61D-DEB5-4A43-91B2-29F4AE9D53F2.jpeg
F9249818-15F3-4B33-A15C-DC1A182C2684.jpeg

Homemade machaca tacos…..first time making these, or working with carne seca….
View attachment 1334383
View attachment 1334385
View attachment 1334386
View attachment 1334387View attachment 1334388
Okay....you gotta fill me in here. Those look CRAZY bro. I would love to try one though...haha tacos again, just like I said yesterday. So what all is going on with your blacked out tacos?

That big old pile of taco guts looks lovely though. The love is real. I don't speak Mexican, so what's all this machacha and carne seca in American?

Your machacha looks radically different than mine. My machacha is 6 feet tall and comes over for beers and burgers sometimes.

Okay....you gotta fill me in here. Those look CRAZY bro. I would love to try one though...haha tacos again, just like I said yesterday. So what all is going on with your blacked out tacos?

That big old pile of taco guts looks lovely though. The love is real. I don't speak Mexican, so what's all this machacha and carne seca in American?

Your machacha looks radically different than mine. My machacha is 6 feet tall and comes over for beers and burgers sometimes.
So, it’s a recipe that originated in northern Mexico, not far from here. Carne seca is dried flank steak, paper thin. Sometimes it’s spiced, sometimes not. Like beef jerky. You work it over, first with your hands, then with a mortar and pestle…..trying to make it about the consistency of that beef jerky chew from back in the day….
Sauté that with onion, jalapeño, and diced tomatoes….once onions are translucent add a mixture of beef stock, water, some spices and hot sauce and simmer until fully reduced….done.
Carne seca also gets sautéed with peppers, onions and eggs to make a scramble type thing.

Jesus dude....I didn't even know that kind of techniques was legal. Best check your local laws. I used to be fucking ADDICTED to that shredded beef jerky in the tobacco tin looking thing. That shit was unreal.

I can only imagine what its like made with fresh flank steak and the love a mother gives her firstborn, and not chemicals and stainless steel industrial cutters.

I absolutely need to try these.

Just tossed this in the old heatbox a few minutes ago.

PSX_20210624_050249.jpg

I learned this potato trick recently. Let em eat the drippings!! One extra layer of flavor for the taters, provided you are using some halfway decent moo. I got this real nice 93/7 grass fed from BJs and blended that with a little pork and some decent 80/20 and fine diced carrots, celery, and bell peppers.

I said "I'm stealing that"...and here we are.

Jesus dude....I didn't even know that kind of techniques was legal. Best check your local laws. I used to be fucking ADDICTED to that shredded beef jerky in the tobacco tin looking thing. That shit was unreal.

I can only imagine what its like made with fresh flank steak and the love a mother gives her firstborn, and not chemicals and stainless steel industrial cutters.

I absolutely need to try these.
:crying: Let me know if you have trouble finding it, this guy brings most of a Mexican grocery store across the boarder and sets up at the farmers market every weekend. His fresh tortillas are awesome! Not to mention their tamales :woohoo:

Just tossed this in the old heatbox a few minutes ago.

View attachment 1334454

I learned this potato trick recently. Let em eat the drippings!! One extra layer of flavor for the taters, provided you are using some halfway decent moo. I got this real nice 93/7 grass fed from BJs and blended that with a little pork and some decent 80/20 and fine diced carrots, celery, and bell peppers.

I said "I'm stealing that"...and here we are.
That looks great! Nice color on that meat…. And I dig the tater trick

Back