New Grower Double Grape/Walter White Micro Grow - first grow ever

ruinthere

It's not called Can't ibus.
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Grape Krinkle in my dugout.
Here are some pics of my girls in their different stages of growth. This is my first ever grow, and have made lots of mistakes - fortunately none that have cost me plants.

It's a micro-grow in a 24" cubed space.

Miracle Grow Moisture control mix soil
Miracle Grow Perlite
Miracle Grow Plant Food
Miracle Grow Bloom Feed
Four 12W LED's from Walmart

Two 72 day old Double Grape
One 40 day old Double Grape
One 11 day old Walter White
Three 6 day old Walter White

What advice can you offer? Do you spot any obvious mistakes?
01 DG-A D62_a.jpg

DG-A at Day 62

03 DG-B D30_b.jpg
DG-B at Day 30
Pretty sure I over-trimmed this girl now.

04 DG-A D68_a.jpg

DG-A on day 68

05 DG-A D68_b.jpg

DG-A on day 68

06 DG-A D68_c.jpg

07 DG-A D68_d.jpg

10 DG-B D36_a.jpg
11 DG-B D36_b.JPG
12 DG-B D36_c.JPG
13 WW-D D06_a.jpg
WW-D at 6 days

14 WW-D D06_b.jpg

WW-D at 6 days

15 WW-D D06_c.jpg
WW-D at 6 days

16 WW-C D11_a.jpg

WW-C at 11 days

@Prophetiko @iampepe

Last edited:
I have a passion for micro grows and limited spaces. I don't see any mistakes with the method. I do agree that you trimmed a little too much, but what else could you do in a 2x2. Air flow is essential, but there is a point where yield is affected. Fine line. 48 watts of l.e.d. may not be adequate, just a bit more and you are at COB level of wattage usage, something to consider for the future. Big increase in production, less than 10 watts difference.

Awesome advice. I've been mulling a cob setup for the past few months. It's strictly a matter of cost, really. COB's are a high-end product that come at premium costs for me.

Would it help if i added one more 12 watt strip like i'm using now?
12W Grow Lamp.jpg

They're low heat, at least somewhat effective & cheap ($12 locally).

Now, if I were able to nearly double my yields with a cob setup, then I'd be very interested. I just don't know enough about the efficiency of this guy I'm using...

I should also mention that my light bars are fixed to the ceiling of my growspace. I have to adjust plants' elevations (cigar boxes, etc.) to get proper distances. I haven't dialed this one in yet.

Awesome advice. I've been mulling a cob setup for the past few months. It's strictly a matter of cost, really. COB's are a high-end product that come at premium costs for me.

Would it help if i added one more 12 watt strip like i'm using now?
View attachment 797133
They're low heat, at least somewhat effective & cheap ($12 locally).

Now, if I were able to nearly double my yields with a cob setup, then I'd be very interested. I just don't know enough about the efficiency of this guy I'm using...

I should also mention that my light bars are fixed to the ceiling of my growspace. I have to adjust plants' elevations (cigar boxes, etc.) to get proper distances. I haven't dialed this one in yet.
Anyone who has switched over to cobshop . net lights by @BigSm0 seems to have been successful. I'm heading in that direction as well, but I hear you about shoestring budgets. Have to do what's possible and keep the lights on. Also a reason to breed your own seeds. I believe the cobshop lights pay for themselves in a few short seasons. I am looking forward to them personally after dealing with cfl and hps for years.

I'm going to camp out for this grow if you don't mind.
CampfireWeinerRoast.gif
Love me some Double grapes:pass: Yours is pretty frosty! That additional light would help a bit im sure. If your thinkin about cobs,with your small space a couple under driven cobs would make some nice flowers. Happy Growing

Today's photo update (08/31/17)

Two 75 day old Double Grape
One 43 day old Double Grape
One 14 day old Walter White
Three 9 day old Walter White

I added more potting soil to each pot. A friend recently told me that my plants will thank me for it. They can thank me after harvest.:smokeit::headbang:

01 DG-A D75.JPG 02 DG-A D75.JPG 04 DG-A D75.JPG 05 DG-A D75.JPG 06 DG-A D75.JPG 07 DG-A D75.JPG 08 DG-A D75.JPG 08 DG-A D75.JPG 09 DG-A D75.JPG 10 DG-B D75.JPG
11 DG-B D75.JPG 12 DG-B D75.JPG 13 DG-B D75.JPG 14 DG-B D75.JPG 15 DG-B D75.JPG 16 DG-C D43.JPG 16 DG-C D43.JPG

tbc

Last edited:
Back