Lighting DIY mars conversion. Questions and answers here.

Right @BigSm0 just pulled the trigger on 5x clu 1212s 4000k and 10 cheapy holders because i am going to convert 1 mars first then the other later on but they only sell the holders in 10 packs.going to take about 3 weeks to get here but as soon i start the conversion i will do a journal

Put my big girl under my mars 400w(180w actuall draw)so was able to open the mars 300 up and have a look at the drivers and there are 2 so i know now that i can get 2 1212s per driver so 4 cobs per light driven at 0.665a so around 25w per cob 100w for the light does that sound about right @BigSm0

cob 1.jpg

Yes that should be perfect. Each cob driven at 650ma should put your exact voltage at 34v. Wattage is between to 20.9 and 23 but with the fans running it may say 100w at the wall. Which holders did you use? Ideal?

Yes that should be perfect. Each cob driven at 650ma should put your exact voltage at 34v. Wattage is between to 20.9 and 23 but with the fans running it may say 100w at the wall. Which holders did you use? Ideal?

just got some cheap holders bro
p.jpg

And i wish i never read all your posts about diy because now you have made me go buy a heatsink W,146mm x H,22mm x L,400mm so now it wont even be a mars conversion hahahaha

This the stock heat sink will be fine. Your wattage will be much less and it's also more efficient wattage so there is about 50% less heat per watt. The stock heatsink and fans are more than enough.

I actually have a bar I made and couldn't get heatsinks to work/for no matter what I tried and trust me I tried. All I ended up doing was mounting them on flat aluminum inside some extrusion. There was a ton of metal involved in the light but no fans or fins to accelerate the cooling process. I built it and tested it for 3 days before bringing it in to my room and had zero issues. I do keep a fan close but it's really not needed.

I see your making more of a bar than an actual conversion. That's cool too.

yes mate eventually it will be 2 of those heatsinks with 4 cobs on each.i just keep looking at your bar lights and they look awesome so thats what i am going to do,just a cheaper version.sorry for asking about a mars conversion then changing my mind

Back