Old Reviews Mars Hydro TS 600 and TS 1000 Review

@Bill.de.Cat , by all means, I really like my Mars TS1000, so if you like them then keep at it.
Did you look at my thread? https://www.autoflower.org/threads/topsun-ts-1000.82348/
If the Mars 1000 was same price I'd probably buy that again. But this Topsun with almost the same output, Samsung LED's, and all the added throw-ins, I'm impressed with this cheap light. And it's well made. All the same light spectrum, IDK, can't argue with it. Critical Mass is standing up just as straight and looks happy. I can see how you'd want two of them unless you have a 2x2 tent. But same goes for the Mars 1000. I'll definitely keep you posted on results. Although when my Bruce Banner in the auto tent is harvested which will likely be in a week or two at most, I'll probably move a Mars 600 to the new tent with the Topsun light so Critical Mass can have more juice when she flowers. So likely won't go to the end with just the Topsun light alone on it. Guess I could for experiment and review sake.... but naaaahhhh, would rather have better yield for sure lol.

Interesting, did a little amazon searching myself and found a few lights like you described with a couple different "brand" names. Even a 1500 watt one, most of the descriptions were exactly the same so probably copy/paste off a master template. Might be an interesting thing to try out and reveiw. As with anything amazon out of China it is most likely 1 manufacturer supplying a bunch of retailers with a copy of someone else's product.

Exactly, I figured if the price is right, and for the Topsun light at $85 it was, and the specs were good why not give it a try. If the light was terrible I'd return it and if it was fine but not the best, at $85 I could use it for seedlings at least. But so far I think this light is killer for the price / output ratio. I'm not one to go and buy a $600 light, so if I can find some budget lights that are good, why not. I'm new to growing, and my first photo period had a good haul with 6 jars of dry product. So obviously you can get some good results with cheap lights.

Yeah, I did well with my 1st autos after 20 + yrs out of it. Hunting up a few mothers to start a photo perpetual now. Starting out with the Bomb seeds I won off the Halloween contest. 1 Hash bomb and 1 Gorrilla bomb are looking pretty good for traits I want so far. Fast growth and close spacing. Dropped another Big bomb seed 2 days as the other 2 were spindly and lanky. Ordered a clone king yesterday and figure it'll be a month or so before I have to have everything set up and ready for prodution.

These lights are amazing for the price.
Picture speaks loader than heresay right.
20210223_113333.jpg

Phlizon 600 , on Amazon.ca for $94, were $85 CDN 2 weeks ago. God blessed Jeff Besoz . But still very much worth $94.
The US site have them $70US. The 1000 is$100 and an excellent buy.
20210223_124049.jpg

20210223_124134.jpg

Last edited:
I was considering those as well, but the PPFD map of the Topsun is closer to the Philizon 1500, even better actually, and the 1500 is $165CAD.
Although still a bit more economical than the Mars. But I gotta give this Topsun credit for bang for the buck. But it seems the 1000 is the only light they make this style, they don't have any models above it sadly.

@CDN88
Have you run a PAR test on your lights?
They do look very interesting.
And a great buy for someone starting to grow.

I don't have a meter. I'm going on pure eyesight comparison lol, accurate huh. But honestly, before I set it up in my new tent I put it in my tent with the Mars 600 and 1000 and I turned on each light independently and compared. Again, purely subjectively. But what I can say is that the Topsun was for sure brighter than the 600's, so I at least got my money's worth there, but the Mars 1000 was a little bit brighter than the Topsun. I probably did this comparison for about an hour looking at reflections and such in the tent. I was a little fanatical about it. But no, don't have a meter to test properly, so take my observations for what they are worth.

Back