Old Reviews Mars Hydro TS 600 and TS 1000 Review

I don't have a meter. I'm going on pure eyesight comparison lol, accurate huh. But honestly, before I set it up in my new tent I put it in my tent with the Mars 600 and 1000 and I turned on each light independently and compared. Again, purely subjectively. But what I can say is that the Topsun was for sure brighter than the 600's, so I at least got my money's worth there, but the Mars 1000 was a little bit brighter than the Topsun. I probably did this comparison for about an hour looking at reflections and such in the tent. I was a little fanatical about it. But no, don't have a meter to test properly, so take my observations for what they are worth.
You could use a lux meter app on a cell phone.
It would still be comparing apples to apples.

ha, didn't know there was such a thing. will do.

Hey folks, found this by accident on youtube.
It should really get under mars hydros skin :biggrin::finger:

You could use a lux meter app on a cell phone
Wow, how handy, I've downloaded and used the lux meter on my phone. Checked against requirements and I'm good. On all my plants at bud point I'm at 50,000 or more. If I go lower down and to the side I'm at high 38 to 45,000. If I go below the canopy about half way down the biggest plant where there aren't any buds anyway I'm at bout 25 - 30,000.

The Topsun is slightly brighter than the Mars 600, and definately not as powerful as the Mars 1000. But dollar for dollar the Topsun is cheaper than the Mars 600, so the fact that it's a bit brighter is a bonus. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Wow, how handy, I've downloaded and used the lux meter on my phone. Checked against requirements and I'm good. On all my plants at bud point I'm at 50,000 or more. If I go lower down and to the side I'm at high 38 to 45,000. If I go below the canopy about half way down the biggest plant where there aren't any buds anyway I'm at bout 25 - 30,000.

The Topsun is slightly brighter than the Mars 600, and definately not as powerful as the Mars 1000. But dollar for dollar the Topsun is cheaper than the Mars 600, so the fact that it's a bit brighter is a bonus. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.
Ya, no kidding
These el cheapo lights are giving the big boys a run for their money.
You can't screw all the people all the time.
Anyone with a little smarts can do the math.
And if you dont wanna do the math , look at the results of these inferior lights.
Pretty bloody impressive if you ask me.

We need to do a comparison of Topsun vs Phlizon.
(I bet both come out of the same factory)
( including Red planet ):nono::hump::hump:

We need to do a comparison of Topsun vs Phlizon
If you have a Philizon and run some Lux tests at set heights I'll do that with the Topsun and Mars lights. Just to be clear though, the 60,000+ readings I was getting were from the Topsun and a Mars 600 in the same tent right now. I don't think the Topsun alone will get that 18 inches down and certainly not off to the sides with the high ratings. Probably more like 45,000 in the sweet spot without the Mars light. Which is still good for flower, but the buds off to the sides wouldn't get full power they'd like to bloom big.

This is the model I'm workimg with.
And here are the Lux readings I got on my Samsung S20.
78500@ 6 inches
36000@12inches
18800@18inches
11300@24inches
7300@30inches
Amazon product

ok here are my values with the following keeping in mind:
a) I'm holding a tape measure at the distance and my phone on the mark. Tilting the phone has a major impact on the reading, so did the best I could to keep it level
b) I did much smaller increments because my plants is huge and tied back so I can't move it, so I did 6 - 12 inches. Anything lower and I'd be in the leaves which would not be accurate due to shadows.
c) I tested with both the Mars 600 and the Topsun 1000. The results were pretty darn close. So much so that to determine if one was more stronger than the other I would have to remove the plant and do a much more controlled testing process. But I can't right now so for this purpose I must declare that the Mars 600 and the Topsun 1000 are too close in lux to declare one brighter without better testing.
d) with both the Mars and Topsun lights on at the same time, but still measuring under one specific light, both lights on added 5 - 8,000 lux to each distance.

6 inches - 85,000
8 - 71,000
10 - 62,000
12 - 53,000

So gotta say with these readings it would seem that the Mars and Topsun are brighter than the Philizon. Now, other variables, I'm using a Samsung S10 and the app is Lux Light Meter by Doggo Apps. So who knows how accurate out comparisons are. Suffice is to say they are close enough in price and lux that any one is a good deal. Although for flowering you do want 45K+ lux, so the Philizon at 12 inches might be a bit low in lux. That being said with a plant as big as mine is right now I wouldn't use any one of these lights on it's own for flower, need to double up for sure.

I think all of these budget lights are providing a decent bang for the buck. If I can get flowering power for under $100 I'm pretty happy. Sure you can spend a lot more and get a lot more, but I've harvested twice now and I simply don't need more results. I just harvested and dried a Bruce Banner auto and got 137 grams out of it using the Mars 600. I don't need more than that, sheesh. I have three more plants that will be ready withing 60 days. I'll end up giving some of it away. So I'll keep saving on the lights and enjoying what I harvest.

Here's a pic of part of that harvest, check out the size of the bud. Can't complain. So budget, sure, cheap with poor results, no way.

20210305_161935.jpg

ok here are my values with the following keeping in mind:
a) I'm holding a tape measure at the distance and my phone on the mark. Tilting the phone has a major impact on the reading, so did the best I could to keep it level
b) I did much smaller increments because my plants is huge and tied back so I can't move it, so I did 6 - 12 inches. Anything lower and I'd be in the leaves which would not be accurate due to shadows.
c) I tested with both the Mars 600 and the Topsun 1000. The results were pretty darn close. So much so that to determine if one was more stronger than the other I would have to remove the plant and do a much more controlled testing process. But I can't right now so for this purpose I must declare that the Mars 600 and the Topsun 1000 are too close in lux to declare one brighter without better testing.
d) with both the Mars and Topsun lights on at the same time, but still measuring under one specific light, both lights on added 5 - 8,000 lux to each distance.

6 inches - 85,000
8 - 71,000
10 - 62,000
12 - 53,000

So gotta say with these readings it would seem that the Mars and Topsun are brighter than the Philizon. Now, other variables, I'm using a Samsung S10 and the app is Lux Light Meter by Doggo Apps. So who knows how accurate out comparisons are. Suffice is to say they are close enough in price and lux that any one is a good deal. Although for flowering you do want 45K+ lux, so the Philizon at 12 inches might be a bit low in lux. That being said with a plant as big as mine is right now I wouldn't use any one of these lights on it's own for flower, need to double up for sure.

I think all of these budget lights are providing a decent bang for the buck. If I can get flowering power for under $100 I'm pretty happy. Sure you can spend a lot more and get a lot more, but I've harvested twice now and I simply don't need more results. I just harvested and dried a Bruce Banner auto and got 137 grams out of it using the Mars 600. I don't need more than that, sheesh. I have three more plants that will be ready withing 60 days. I'll end up giving some of it away. So I'll keep saving on the lights and enjoying what I harvest.

Here's a pic of part of that harvest, check out the size of the bud. Can't complain. So budget, sure, cheap with poor results, no way.

View attachment 1295027
Your results are skewed.
First you did a test with both lights on.
You have to test one light at a time.
Also Lux is only a measure of brilliance not light quality.
So brighter doesn't mean better.
Google PPFD & PAR for a better understandimg of my argument.
I do have a PAR meter and a MH TS1000 to do an actual PAR comparison.
In fairness the TS1000 will be turned down to the same current draw (₩atts) at the wall as the Phlizon.
This is true science.

Back