Lighting DIY mars conversion. Questions and answers here.

These 2 are grown under 300w of Cree 3590 and supplemental LEDs in the Amare pro4. Still growing rapidly too. Height on the bigger one is 40 inches. I'm thinking with the size of your girls now under mars you would definitely kill it with cobs. View attachment 653491View attachment 653492

Lovely girls smo.i have everything needed for the conversion bro just needed the cobs.thanks alot for all your info.diy is going to take off big time when people realize that they can diy a light with twice as much par and 50% less heat and not blurple rofl

ok, what's your favorite color..........?? :eyebrows:

Ok really Thanks for helping out other people looking to DIY a light! Its a very rewarding project to tackle.

Just remember to hammer SAFETY: First,last and always!

:slap:

I took a week off from work in preparation for the overwhelming amounts of questions I expected. :smoking: :rofl:

Ok really Thanks for helping out other people looking to DIY a light! Its a very rewarding project to tackle.

Lol pop i was just thinking 3500k or 4000k hahahaha

Happy I could help. Will you be able to post some pics during the build or even after it's completed. Would also love to hear your first impression of the working light too. DIY is very simple and with little time anyone can convert or even build a light from scratch. The numbers and growth rates are proof it works and it is well within most budgets too. This is why I'm into DIY so much. For 100 dollars or less anyone can have a phenomenal light that truly does double what you can buy from eBay.

Hmm hammer safety and cobs all in one sentence. Lol pop I hope your talking about a rubber mallet.

I think what happens is as people hone their skills, they begin to see the places in their equipment, not just their lights, that need an upgrade in order to increase the efficiency and production of their grow space(s). Lights, pots, wiring, air management, etc. Our growrooms evolve with our increasing knowledge and experience.

And DIY guys often lead the advance of new technology and new techniques. Kudos for your contributions to our forum and to advancing our understanding and DIY abilities!

Also wanted to say thank you for taking the time to read what I have written. DIY seems to be very slow here but with time it will take off. In the meantime I guess I can pick away at the interest now and help as many as I can. I'd say it's one of the best things you could do to your room.

Something for everyone reading to consider is I have never heard of anyone saying they were even in the slightest dissatisfied with their cobs. On the other hand I have seen hundreds of folks say they think their skill has out grown most less expensive lights. Blurple LEDs Seem bright at first then after a grow or 2 they seem to be the excuse for the smaller yield. In the end most venture looking for more. Cooooobs lol.

Pop did you read the argument I got into on that other forum about guys using tape to hold the cobs down? Sure thermal paste helps and it may have worked fine in the past but not fine to advise new builders looking for help. It was getting very heated very fast. God I love AFN

Its a good idea to research the model number provided by the seller as some of them are selling older, less efficient generations of these chips. www.cobkits.com sells them for I believe $13.25 ( if your also an RIU member, you get a 10% discount )

Northern Growlights has chips, but they don't carry the 1212.

well @BigSm0 my friend i have just found the clu 1212s on fleabay for £80 thats 97 dollars for 10 so 5 per light it is then

God forbid! you CORRECTED someone on riu?????? Don't you watch Game of Thrones? Those guys flay people for correcting their ignorance.........

I only go there once a week or so, and I've come to the conclusion I'll search for useful knowledge, but have lost interest in participating in a forum that is controlled by a few arrogant assholes who think they are godlike in their knowledge.........

But if you want to drive the LED guys nuts, tell them you just bought 10 Mars Hydro lights...............

Pop did you read the argument I got into on that other forum about guys using tape to hold the cobs down? Sure thermal paste helps and it may have worked fine in the past but not fine to advise new builders looking for help. It was getting very heated very fast. God I love AFN

Back