Lighting DIY mars conversion. Questions and answers here.

Hi peeps, new here. was attracted to the site because I have started on auto flowering strains.

I have 2 mars hydro ii 700w. I think it draws 340 from the wall.

What would be your suggested setup?

Thanks

Hey there @BigSm0 are people still doing these upgrades? I've got a reflector 960w that has diode lenses bursting and popping (mostly the blues) and am looking to upgrage / retrofit to something else (likely COB) using these guts. I looked up the 1212 chips on Digikeybut the're a few years old now and discontinued now so I'm not sure where else to turn. Are you able to help / provide an updated parts list? Thanks, JR

Hey there @BigSm0 are people still doing these upgrades? I've got a reflector 960w that has diode lenses bursting and popping (mostly the blues) and am looking to upgrage / retrofit to something else (likely COB) using these guts. I looked up the 1212 chips on Digikeybut the're a few years old now and discontinued now so I'm not sure where else to turn. Are you able to help / provide an updated parts list? Thanks, JR

Sorry for the long delay. Early on it was fun and a lot were doing it. Now I think people are just lazy. I still get a lot of emails about this and happy to help where I can. Anytime you can ditch inefficient diodes and swap them with a cob you save in heat and energy costs so if you aren’t lazy :thumbsup:the savings is worth it and it’s a great feeling knowing you did it yourself. The first thing to do from here is open it up and take a look at the drivers. The specs on them will determine the cobs you use and the quantity you’ll want.

Back