Lighting DIY mars conversion. Questions and answers here.

Hey my friend! A little COB action here. Thought you might like to see. ^ cobs, 2 1818 citi's on active heatsinks, a a 4 COB Citi 1825 light. The 1825s are driven at abouut 250 watts total, and the 1818s are at 30 watts each. Looking like a pretty good 2 plant harvest coming! This is one plant and you can see 1/2 the other thats just now building colas.

Chazy Ice tent1- pic1 -3-7-2018.jpg

Hey my friend! A little COB action here. Thought you might like to see. ^ cobs, 2 1818 citi's on active heatsinks, a a 4 COB Citi 1825 light. The 1825s are driven at abouut 250 watts total, and the 1818s are at 30 watts each. Looking like a pretty good 2 plant harvest coming! This is one plant and you can see 1/2 the other thats just now building colas.

View attachment 875477
Looks awesome!

That seems like a good bit of light. Mind sharing how big your space is, and what color the cobs are?

I just wanted to pop back in and say thanks, @bigsmo for saving my grow. A bit over a month later, I pulled 6z dry and trimmed out of one tent, and am cutting down to achieve what looks to be similar yield out of another one.

I'll post updates once I get the weight of the other tent.

Question, if you were gonna try to improve my setup (4x 1812 3500k, 140w per 2x4 tent) by supplementing other light colors, uv, or change it to using different colored lights for veg and bloom separately, do you think I'd see considerable improvement? What changes/supplements would you recommend?

Thanks!

That’s a great haul for the first cob grow. There are plenty of factors besides lighting that inevitable determine the yield/quality. I think you have plenty of light and the 3500’s have never let me down as far as quality goes. The only thing I can say that has helped quality is the 6500k cob. Similar to adding MH in a hps grow.

That’s a great haul for the first cob grow. There are plenty of factors besides lighting that inevitable determine the yield/quality. I think you have plenty of light and the 3500’s have never let me down as far as quality goes. The only thing I can say that has helped quality is the 6500k cob. Similar to adding MH in a hps grow.

Right on! It's not so much that I wanna add light as I wonder if it'll be worth my time to blend, or use like a 6500 during veg and a 3500 during flower or something of that nature.

I think that since I just upgraded my 5 gal buckets to 10 gallon tubs, got bigger air pumps, and only did the COBs half of this grow, maybe I'll leave it be and just try a full grow under these 3500s first before deciding I need to add to it. I'm just always a gear nerd when it comes to anything I do.

Right on! It's not so much that I wanna add light as I wonder if it'll be worth my time to blend, or use like a 6500 during veg and a 3500 during flower or something of that nature.

I think that since I just upgraded my 5 gal buckets to 10 gallon tubs, got bigger air pumps, and only did the COBs half of this grow, maybe I'll leave it be and just try a full grow under these 3500s first before deciding I need to add to it. I'm just always a gear nerd when it comes to anything I do.

I’m with you. Always looking for better.
If the plant grows outside the coverage area I would add more. If it stays within the 2x2 then you are fine. If you have multiple plants going you could supplement in the middle with a 6500 and that would help. Doing this myself right now too.
image.jpg

I’m with you. Always looking for better.
If the plant grows outside the coverage area I would add more. If it stays within the 2x2 then you are fine. If you have multiple plants going you could supplement in the middle with a 6500 and that would help. Doing this myself right now too. View attachment 876097

Those colas are looking NICE from here!

Yeah, I'm thinking I may just pick up a 6500 and stick it in one tent and see if I think it works out better. I'm growing different strains in both tents, so it won't be a scientific test or anything.

Those colas are looking NICE from here!

Yeah, I'm thinking I may just pick up a 6500 and stick it in one tent and see if I think it works out better. I'm growing different strains in both tents, so it won't be a scientific test or anything.
That’s the bad boy wall lol. The ones that didn’t make the cut. I’m not sure if it’s because they are just smaller plants but the ones with 6500’s are finishing much faster.

haha I mean, they can make my cut! That's good to know. You have any 6500s in stock? I'm thinking maybe I'll stick one over 1 plant in each tent. I know there will still be a shitload of spillover, but I wanna see if the one with the 6500 will veg and finish faster or stronger.

haha I mean, they can make my cut! That's good to know. You have any 6500s in stock? I'm thinking maybe I'll stick one over 1 plant in each tent. I know there will still be a shitload of spillover, but I wanna see if the one with the 6500 will veg and finish faster or stronger.
Yes they are, actually making a few more as we speak.
image.jpg

Back