Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

New pics from last night. Obvious daily growth and it's awesome!! A little cupping on the leaves but I think it's due to some heat issues I was having but I think I got that taken care off.
Image1461255143.420813.jpg
Image1461255163.745868.jpg

A few little questions on these:

What do you consider day one on DWC? Sprout or first day in bucket?

How high should water level be at this point? Below pot or above the bottom? I've seen different info but thought I'd ask people who've been there.

I call day 1 when the sprout is about soil or in a bubble bucket above the root cube. At this point in your grow I assume your tap root has been in the bucket for some time now so I would be filling the bucket higher up the net pot at this point.

As for pre mixing nutes and letting them mix for days before use.....NO.....mix and use. Should not need more than 5 minutes for a bucket this size to be well mixed and to give an accurate PPM reading.

Yeah I've got a fairly decent root system hanging now so water level should be up above the bottom of the net pot? Like an inch above?
Ok I won't premix my nutes then. I'll do as needed and add as mixed.

So no need to do this? Just swap res water and call it good?

Yup....one thing I learned on my last grow was falling into the trap of weekly(or more) water changes. Again it's one of those things that I now feel gets thrown around as FACT without truly being so. Kind of like the one were guys dump their seeds into a cup of water and think that if a seed floats that it will not sprout.....man that one is stupid. On another forum I was given some advice from some rather grizzled old growers about bucket changes or rather lack there of. I heeded their advice and only did 3 bucket changes during my complete last grow. I found my bucket PH to be much much more stable for one thing and the fact I pulled nearly a half a pound in 71 days makes me trust the results. I will be doing the same on my current DWC bucket I just started.

Back