Grow Mediums DCAT attempts DWC with Mephisto hubbabubbasmelloscope

Nope you're not seeing things. New roots off the sides of the bucket and I do think the root mass has cleared up a little. I'm not expecting total white roots due to the additional nute I'm running is a very black liquid so it's gonna stain a bit.
I really do think the additional airflow is having a very positive affect though. You were spot on there my friend!!

About 4-4.5...about 1/2"-1" above bottom of basket. I'm going to do a res change tomorrow night so I'll probably go a little over 4 gallons then start allow it to drink a bit more before I refill.

I think you might be surprised as to how much your roots will start to turn back white, I used to use Floralicoious plus and that stuff was black as night and I still had pristine white roots. So I am really stoked that you are seeing the measured improvement and that my theory is not just my own anecdotal evidence. Yaaay!

After a quick check this morning...about another 3/4" taller and at least the same wider if not a little more. I'll take some better pics when i get home for lunch as the lights will be off.
@derek420colorado I think you are right on the root whitening too...they do seem to be getting a little whiter as the days go on... I just wonder if there is a limit as to too much air like too much light - diminishing returns type thing. Not that I think we are at that point just curious...

Hey Derek...how many stones should I be running from this pump? Any suggestions so I know if I'm taking full advantage of everything?

I would say that 2 for one bucket is enough, and I have gone all the way up to about 100LPM for one bucket and the only real thing you have to worry about is breaking the roots or having the water bubble out of the bucket, other than that I have never seen too much air. Reason being is it is just that air, if roots didn't need nutrients or there was a way to just have them in all oxygen then that is what they would want the most. Again Cannabis plants love above almost all else air to their roots, I have only seen too much air when the roots are small and can break.

New pics from just now...
Image1462216795.336411.jpg
Image1462216803.497092.jpg
Image1462216811.281516.jpg

A little over 13" at highest point...

Back