Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

@Mañ'O'Green , @Iriee Vibez , @RivetGrrl , @Boradan :

Am I crazy to want to start over? If I was looking at a 30 day old plant, my first choice would be to nurse it back to health. But 17 days in? That’s no time investment compared to my 130 day recent harvest. I’ve really been looking forward to a major issue-free grow and stunted seedlings — meh!

Look at her!
View attachment 1012898
I don’t think they look so bad either. Give it time to bounce back and do what you can. Plants are resilient and your new growth looks good. Last round my plants surprised me because one of the smallest seedlings became one with the biggest yields later.

The black lids don’t help with the bucket temps and young plants don’t block a lot of light from getting to and through the rocks. I try to create paper collars to help reflect light up and also block light out in the first few weeks in DWC. I use the Current culture lids but even the holes where my airlines go through need a cover. It’s crazy that in the bucket my healthy Bactria is brown but where it’s allowed to get a little bit of sunlight it will get green an algae fast.
I’ve been using the Southern Ag fungicide this go round for my bacteria and haven’t seen a difference from Hydrogaurd.
Plants look good, stress builds character
:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your support. I’m off to a rocky start, but I’ve got this.

Ditch and Mutt are looking droopy, dropped a couple more beans, play it day by day. Everyone gets a second air Stone today and the temps have been cooled. Extra round of hydroguard all around.
C927873A-5329-46E8-8763-45DE4343929F.jpeg

08F16FE1-07F3-4CE5-9FEC-EDA557F0B4C8.jpeg

At day 18, I had to cull the Dinafem Sour Diesel. She traded places with this 1-day old Dinafem White Widow XXL.
06BAB1B4-7B3E-4F62-9D12-1977998D6D92.jpeg
5B2CC586-0E60-46C6-B029-14D11692569C.jpeg

Here is the 18 day old Sour Diesel next to 10-day old GSC. That little bit of root there was all she had.
C777264E-D92F-4A1B-ABBB-1295B0409466.jpeg

I know this isn’t the diary for the Northern Lights. But they’re going to go another week. Trichomes are partly cloudy. Otherwise they look ready. I think I might have foxtailing on NL1. Probably light stress. I’m ready to soak these in AN FF on a moments notice.

NL1, foxtailing?
4D7D7278-4303-449D-9BC5-A5C9E577AC23.jpeg
2DB0EDBC-0115-4647-B5D4-0DE2C7B1AC9A.jpeg

NL2, super heavy and weighted down, she’s awesome:
38A67F1A-D4B0-46D5-9892-2B4ACA3782B5.jpeg

Attachments

• 8F9E32E6-65F9-409D-927B-C146A89EC64C.jpeg
    8F9E32E6-65F9-409D-927B-C146A89EC64C.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Well Dutch and Meph continue to languish. I was rooting for them but they’re taking it hard. I moved some replacement seeds from shot glasses to paper towels, so they’ll be at the ready in case we need to call this.

On schedule to paint the basement floor tonight and erect the new tent on Wednesday. Then all heck is going to break loose! The AC Infinity T8 is going in the new tent along with a heater as we’re dealing with 13c temperatures currently, but the good news is it is cooler in the summer so I should be able to skip the chiller and/or AC. I’ve spoiled myself on a few things. I ordered some rolling planters and that should make maintenance so much easier in the new space.

I found a great listing on eBay for Mammoth P - 120 mL for $17. For that kind of money I can afford to try it: https://vod.ebay.com/vod/FetchOrder...d46a2551680ac84cd053b20fff14ce0&ul_noapp=true

120 mL isn’t much but at 2.5 mL/4 gallon reservoir, it gets 4 plants through an entire grow and that works nicely in my budget.

i'm not entirely sure where buds end and the rest of them start, but the NL's are looking MIGHTY :bow:

sorry you've had a rough start with the new ladies.
i think they'll pull through looking at them, i mean the Ripley's will shrug it off for sure, but i don't blame you for sacrificing a couple of weeks grow time to start them again - if i was coming off the back of your rather long first grow i would probably do the same just to be sure everything's great up front.

fingers crossed for you DG :pass:

edit - nice find on the Mammoth P!

Thanks Froot! You know, even Meph is looking like shit. The roots they have — and there’s not a lot — were coated on the both of them. They are definitely stunted. It’s all good — I learned the root rot lesson nice and early in the grow and feel like I have the luxury of starting fresh.

Just a minor setback, DG! I know you will recover nicely and have an awesome run!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back