Indoor davisgirl does DWC in a crazy grow tent

That is a setup! Pro job getting everything in there too. You said this is in the basement right? How are you going to insulate the bottom?

And I am so jealous
Thanks Dudeski! My aching back!

The tent is in the basement and it is cool in the winter — about 55. I’ve got the heater to handle the air temp. I got these from Amazon so the buckets will be on wheels and off the floor:

Amazon product

I’ve also recently struggled with pythium, so it’ll nice to be able to park a bucket on the floor to cool the water once in a while.

The concrete will leech heat. Feel the floor with your hand. Should give you an idea.

I would consider a layer of cardboard or some rigid insulation board. I use both, and not on concrete. One 4 x 8 sheet would be plenty.

The concrete will leech heat. Feel the floor with your hand. Should give you an idea.

I would consider a layer of cardboard or some rigid insulation board. I use both, and not on concrete. One 4 x 8 sheet would be plenty.
Awesome — I’ve got plenty of cardboard. Will it affect the air temp as well?

Yes, it will leach the heat from the air too. The layer of insulation should reduce any effects. Plus the cardboard absorbed and spills, I change mine out between grows.

Thanks Dudeski! My aching back!

The tent is in the basement and it is cool in the winter — about 55. I’ve got the heater to handle the air temp. I got these from Amazon so the buckets will be on wheels and off the floor:

Amazon product

I’ve also recently struggled with pythium, so it’ll nice to be able to park a bucket on the floor to cool the water once in a while.

I ran all my tents on concrete and just elevated pots. My theory was that basement should be the natural dirt temp. But I run dwc on ground without issue but also running hydrogaurd.

OK programming the T8 was simple. It cycles through different settings — on, off, timer, or auto. The control pad has a probe that measures temp and humidity. You can set it to come on at a certain high temp, low temp, high humidity, or low humidity. Unfortunately you can only set it on 1 trigger — which is too bad because I had envisioned having the thing come on at a high temp or a high humidity.

Right now it’s set to come on if it detects humidity 70 or higher.

View attachment 1014008

The probe:
View attachment 1014007

@Dudeski I know you were interested in the AC Infinity.
I’ve been searching for a controller that will trigger on high temp and high humidity. I’ve got a wireless/wired controller that monitors both but will only control one variable or the other. I have an email in to the manufacturer to see if they can update their software to accommodate this function. I don’t see why it isn’t already programmed to control both. Mine will also control smart plugs based on those parameters like turning on and off a heater or humidifier. I think you’ll like the Infinity, it’s very helpful to let the fan run when it needs to and not be in there playing with it all the time.

You’re new setup looks great!! Looking forward to see what you can do with it.

I’ve been searching for a controller that will trigger on high temp and high humidity. I’ve got a wireless/wired controller that monitors both but will only control one variable or the other. I have an email in to the manufacturer to see if they can update their software to accommodate this function. I don’t see why it isn’t already programmed to control both. Mine will also control smart plugs based on those parameters like turning on and off a heater or humidifier. I think you’ll like the Infinity, it’s very helpful to let the fan run when it needs to and not be in there playing with it all the time.

You’re new setup looks great!! Looking forward to see what you can do with it.
Thanks Beerhunter! Your system sounds great. My heater and humidifer and oscillating fan run separately—the Infinity merely triggers on a certain condition. And I agree — you should be able to have multiple triggers. I really like the system already, pretty nifty, but I think this technology for the masses is still young. In 5 years we’ll both be happy with a beefed up system.

The humidifer makes my life easier — I can set the humidity I want and it’ll run when it has to. Not so with the heater, hoping I can find a consistent setting.

All settled in! Tent currently at 55% / 71 degrees. Cordage isn’t perfect but it’ll do for now. AC Infinity — super quiet.

I’ve been hauling ass for days and honestly — exhausted. I hope I never move tents again.

Here’s some random pics:

Getting the humidity up: :rofl:
80FA5E92-5211-490F-ABA3-A8ED9475BA2A.jpeg

Love these risers, need a couple more
6199E07B-658B-4628-ACA2-E6BAD42DA162.jpeg
A600BD3E-F097-44FC-A383-DF6EBA9A5D62.jpeg

NL1 and NL2, full feed for one more week, then 72 hour flush:
F1AD0784-CA00-48E4-A350-406FFAABC504.jpeg

My little corner:
A806F8E4-FECB-4348-BDDC-5216D21CB190.jpeg
C4DFF0C0-38B8-4F5E-9015-F3329CF73D67.jpeg
440C8BA7-E859-4322-806B-7EC768039B83.jpeg
BDA45321-C83C-44D4-A7B9-D6606775F63A.jpeg

Set up new reservoirs all around. I don’t often get detailed in my journal but I had to get organized since everyone is getting fed at different strengths. Here is what I ended up with:
6F5DCB3A-E40F-4FA8-B9E8-99BB2A6AE43F.png

I had to get rid of Dutch and Meph. Hopefully their replacements will pop today or tomorrow.

All settled in! Tent currently at 55% / 69 degrees. Cordage isn’t perfect but it’ll do for now. AC Infinity — super quiet.

I’ve been hauling ass for days and honestly — exhausted. I hope I never move tents again.

Here’s some random pics:

Getting the humidity up: :rofl:
View attachment 1014505

Love these risers, need a couple more View attachment 1014506 View attachment 1014507

NL1 and NL2, full feed for one more week, then 72 hour flush:View attachment 1014508

My little corner:View attachment 1014509 View attachment 1014510 View attachment 1014511 View attachment 1014512

Set up new reservoirs all around. I don’t often get detailed in my journal but I had to get organized since everyone is getting fed at different strengths. Here is what I ended up with:
View attachment 1014527

I had to get rid of Dutch and Meph. Hopefully their replacements will pop today or tomorrow.

Nice..... pipe? Or did ya leave a little something in your tent DG? :crying:

I know all about moving tents, I've moved my entire room three times now and if I gotta do it again I'll burn it down.... Hope your setup works and no moving is required, and those risers are dope, if you wanted to build a scrog screen for each bucket you could move the whole shebang around anytime too, I'd love to do it but my system is all linked together.

Everything looks great and I love your journal, I jot notes in a binder but not detailed enough.

Back