Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could find a sponsor to just fund my grow lol. Like I’ll use their lights, equipment, soils etc. just to write reviews and promote the product lol it’d save me so much time and money!

Thanks I’ve just heard to many arguable answers. So miss number 1 is working her second node then. She should be working her 4th by now but because I had the light to high she focused more on her stretch rather than anything else but since I moved the light down a couple days ago she’s worked more vegetation than stretch

Here's one on training techniques (some quite brutal ones) from a very experienced chap.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...ular-training-supercropping-by-budelee.54176/

Not the one i was looking for though ... I'll post it on your wall if i find it (or can remember who did it)

I wouldn't even consider snipping that girl yet .:nono:
Oh no I’m not topping her at all because of her stretch setting me back! She’s 14 days old believe it or not! The light situation fucked me and continues to fuck me til I get new lights in

Like most new growers I ordered beans, bought cheap organic soils and a couple of expensive ones, and just put in what lighting I had laying around because I got to impatient to wait and start a grow without any really good decent lighting. I’ve been using cheap Walmart shit that gets hot, an led I bought a while back when I was just experimenting, another led I found in my shop, and some cfls. I gave up on those Walmart shit plant lights they get too hot! But come the 20th I’m putting a cob in there and plan to add at least 2 more

man these next 5 days at work are gonna be stressful, freaking out gonna be harvesting my next 2 days off and still not 100% on wtf im gonna do lol. how do i cut the bastard plant down, how to i collect all the trim/keif? how do i dispose of all the giant balls of soil and roots and tree mass? i've never actually even trimmed a bud before in my life lol. deep breaths! help me AFN!

man these next 5 days at work are gonna be stressful, freaking out gonna be harvesting my next 2 days off and still not 100% on wtf im gonna do lol. how do i cut the bastard plant down, how to i collect all the trim/keif? how do i dispose of all the giant balls of soil and roots and tree mass? i've never actually even trimmed a bud before in my life lol. deep breaths! help me AFN!

Yes!! I hear you! - The woe of the harvest! :D

I've got some tips - it's messy. get some bin bags .... open them up (cut along one side so you get a big square) and tape them together.
This is your lovely trim mat that will eventually (and ironically) end up in the bin.

I like to give it a buzz cut first - like edward scissor hands

tumblr_mn151fq0jh1rr5t3to1_500.gif

Then do a more fine trim removing the smaller leaves - you can keep the big leaves separated (for juicing or whatever) ... so you are only left cutting of the sugar leaves (which will fall on the cleverly designed trimming mat)

From here ... i read some cool ideas from @Biotabs F69 for keif and all that.

Check this out!

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/making-hash-biotabs-style.61380/

The soil ... for me goes in the bin of mixed in with the garden soil.
The stems get cut up small and put in the bin.

I find it easier to trim on the plant ... this has the small advantage that when i finally chop at the base ... i can hang the whole thing upside down with a clothes hanger in my tent with my carbon filter on ... and come back in a few days and check how they're doing.

From there, i may decided to cardbaord box (or paper bag) em to finish of the dry.

Some would argue to cut the branches some would say just pull it up by the roots. Either way you go you’ll have fun trimming up your harvest. The dry and cure is a bit tidious but none the less the entire process is a fun learning experience.

Like most new growers I ordered beans, bought cheap organic soils and a couple of expensive ones, and just put in what lighting I had laying around because I got to impatient to wait and start a grow without any really good decent lighting. I’ve been using cheap Walmart shit that gets hot, an led I bought a while back when I was just experimenting, another led I found in my shop, and some cfls. I gave up on those Walmart shit plant lights they get too hot! But come the 20th I’m putting a cob in there and plan to add at least 2 more
Live and learn . Your going through the process :biggrin: Take your time ask lots of questions and last but not least PATIENCE . :thumbsup:

Got an old trunk around that you can put the soil, trunk and roots in ?? Just like you would with a dead body . Oh you've never disposed of a dead body . Oh well always a first :thumbsup:

Live and learn . Your going through the process :biggrin: Take your time ask lots of questions and last but not least PATIENCE . :thumbsup:
Yeah I’m a bit of an impatient prick at times and growing will help me learn patience no doubt about it. And all of yalls help has been tremendous! I’d probably still be dealing with stretch if I didn’t mention it in here thank god I did though! And since I’ve learned about that mistake I’ve kept the light low on [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] and she’s only 1&12 inches maybe 2 working her first node the first trues are still a little tight to the cots not all stretched away like [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] and she’s definitely surpassing her older sister who’s just starting her 2nd node at 14 days and she’s just starting day 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back