Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have a question ?? Is it worth your time to do all this work and expense or Would it not be easier to buy a ready made like KIS Soils or TIOSoils Now if you enjoy doing making your own thats a different thing . Very curious .

Well I pretty much landed in Organics trying to figure out what would work for me..Pretty much just trying to get the end result after many half assed but try hard attempts lol I stumbled across Eyes one day and seen the results he was getting then started asking a ton of questions. You could buy a soil like kind soil and maybe it would work, it has for some and hasn't for others..The 5lb pack of 2.1 mix I added to this was from TLOsoils..Just added some extra goods to it after watching one of EoF's videos. It took me a little while to put all the items together so the expense is there, but I feel a custom tailored soil mix is far superior to a ready to buy premixed bag..You know the exact amounts of amendments you're adding and where they are sourced from.You get a good idea of how strong your mix is and you can cut it and adjust it to your liking..Granted, you can add extras to an already mixed bag, but in my opinion it isn't the same..For me it is worth it from a learning perspective and ease of use..Like I said, the initial start up cost is there, but once you start recycling soils, building your own compost and possibly starting a worm farm, bokashi bin etc, it all pays for itself in the end..Boxes of these amendments will stretch super far..I feel it's worth it though, higher quality and I like the fact I put the work in for a premium end product..With a proper built, well composted mix..These things practically grow themselves and I've yet to see someone scoff at some organic flowers.:thumbsup: I like the whole aspect of feeding the soil in turn feeding the microbes who work for you.

Looking good dude!!!! So I normally use Great White, as it was always readily available at all of the local stores, but my favorite store finally started stocking both Mammoth P and Recharge.. I went to buy some Recharge and he gave me a decent-sized sample of Mammoth P for free (probably because I feel like I keep him in business sometimes).. Anyway, these are my before and after pics.. The bigger plants are all DP (AutoUltimate, CindyJack, TD), smaller ones are all Dinafem Auto WWXXLs.. I hit them with a dose of Recharge last week.. Watered them yesterday with Mammoth P.. They literally ALL grew at least 2"+ overnight..

Before:

View attachment 814277

After:

View attachment 814278

Keep in mind; this is considered a "water-only" grow, in the sense that I built the soil, and don't even really need anything else, just tap water.. I'm gonna use the Mammoth P for the rest of this grow and see if it's worth it versus the Recharge.. Maybe, maybe not.. Regardless, I think it definitely does help!!!

EDIT: So you know, those pictures are a week apart.. But still, explosive growth, for sure!!!
I use the recharge I sprinkle it on the soil and water over it I put it on every other week, I also use the Mammoth P it's in every watering. But my grow I have shit going every direction it's hard for me to tell what's working and what's overkill hahaha

Thanks man, yours look great, big difference size wise..I have the Recharge as well, just haven't used it on this run..The soil these are in has been composted for about 4 months since I mixed it..So far I have only used water..Here it is below..

7.5 gallons of Promix BX✔️
7.5 gallons of coco coir ✔️
7 gallons of perlite ✔️
5 gallons Ewc ✔️
5 lbs 2.1 Mastermix ✔️
1/4 cup garden lime ✔️
1/4 cup Garden Gypsum (Just under 1/2 cup) ✔️
1/4 cup organic calmag powder ✔️ ( Kelp4Less)
1/4 cup rock phosphate ✔️
1/4 cup Alfalfa meal ✔️
1/4 cup kelp meal ✔️
1/4 cup Azomite ✔️
1/4 cup crab shell ✔️
1/4 cup langbeinite ✔️
1/4 cup bloom granules ✔️ ( Organicare)
1/4 cup grow granules ✔️ ( Organicare)
1/4 cup greensand ✔️
1.5 cups of neem/Karanja cake ✔️
1 cup insect frass ✔️
1/2 - 3/4 cup bio char ✔️
1/2 cup crushed eggshells ✔️
1 cup Bokashi ✔️
3/4 cup basmati rice ✔️
1/2 cup of oats ✔️
1- 1 1/2 tablespoon [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] inoculant sprinkled over mix
Wow! You got my thinking cap on not only for smoke but think about them mater's and Bell pepper onions wow I definitely need to go outside and start me a soil bin!

I used to use the Mammoth from day one but since changed up..Took some advice to not apply it until stretch stops this way not leaching out phosphorus before it is really needed, for those buds.

Well I pretty much landed in Organics trying to figure out what would work for me..Pretty much just trying to get the end result after many half assed but try hard attempts lol I stumbled across Eyes one day and seen the results he was getting then started asking a ton of questions. You could buy a soil like kind soil and maybe it would work, it has for some and hasn't for others..The 5lb pack of 2.1 mix I added to this was from TLOsoils..Just added some extra goods to it after watching one of EoF's videos. It took me a little while to put all the items together so the expense is there, but I feel a custom tailored soil mix is far superior to a ready to buy premixed bag..You know the exact amounts of amendments you're adding and where they are sourced from.You get a good idea of how strong your mix is and you can cut it and adjust it to your liking..Granted, you can add extras to an already mixed bag, but in my opinion it isn't the same..For me it is worth it from a learning perspective and ease of use..Like I said, the initial start up cost is there, but once you start recycling soils, building your own compost and possibly starting a worm farm, bokashi bin etc, it all pays for itself in the end..Boxes of these amendments will stretch super far..I feel it's worth it though, higher quality and I like the fact I put the work in for a premium end product..With a proper built, well composted mix..These things practically grow themselves and I've yet to see someone scoff at some organic flowers.:thumbsup: I like the whole aspect of feeding the soil in turn feeding the microbes who work for you.
I Have been reading a ton of eyes info only thing I'm having a slow want is the teas I can't wrap my head around the amount of info in there but I'm definitely wanting to go same route as you bro so that one day I can set my grows up and know what's in it and it be a grow I built from beginning to end only thing I want to add is a good seed!!! Lol but we'll put good info I have shit TONS respect for you and eye's very encouraging Guy's ✌️

I used to use the Mammoth from day one but since changed up..Took some advice to not apply it until stretch stops this way not leaching out phosphorus before it is really needed, for those buds.
I didn't start it on this grow until I topped my pots with eyes top soil. It was at the end of stretch on my skunk now my Haze I was couple weeks before stretch stopped lol I think this bitch still stretching hahaha

Thanks man, yours look great, big difference size wise..I have the Recharge as well, just haven't used it on this run..The soil these are in has been composted for about 4 months since I mixed it..So far I have only used water..Here it is below..

7.5 gallons of Promix BX✔️
7.5 gallons of coco coir ✔️
7 gallons of perlite ✔️
5 gallons Ewc ✔️
5 lbs 2.1 Mastermix ✔️
1/4 cup garden lime ✔️
1/4 cup Garden Gypsum (Just under 1/2 cup) ✔️
1/4 cup organic calmag powder ✔️ ( Kelp4Less)
1/4 cup rock phosphate ✔️
1/4 cup Alfalfa meal ✔️
1/4 cup kelp meal ✔️
1/4 cup Azomite ✔️
1/4 cup crab shell ✔️
1/4 cup langbeinite ✔️
1/4 cup bloom granules ✔️ ( Organicare)
1/4 cup grow granules ✔️ ( Organicare)
1/4 cup greensand ✔️
1.5 cups of neem/Karanja cake ✔️
1 cup insect frass ✔️
1/2 - 3/4 cup bio char ✔️
1/2 cup crushed eggshells ✔️
1 cup Bokashi ✔️
3/4 cup basmati rice ✔️
1/2 cup of oats ✔️
1- 1 1/2 tablespoon [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] inoculant sprinkled over mix

Daaaaamn!!! That's a hell of a list of ingredients!!!! lol But in all seriousness, organics have changed my view on growing and I find it much more hands-free, once the system is going!! I'm using soil that I used last year!! Only tossed a little amendment in there and some compost and the plants seem to love it!!!! I had originally started with the "subcool recipe" but found it was lacking in some areas that @Eyes on Fire was kind and amazing enough to help me out with and now the plants are happy!! The soil I make is good for roughly 2.5-3 months of growth, all depending on how aggressive the plants are.. From here on out, all I have to do is buy some pouches of amendments every so often (maybe once a year??), and that's it!!! I may throw in some extra perlite and/or coco fiber to help enhance it a bit, but otherwise, it's good to go!!! The only drawback is how to manage your recycled/recycling of soil.. I have a fair amount of space in my basement, so I can stack a couple large totes and it's not a big impact, but I could see people who are restricted with space, it may not be the best method..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back