Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @RainDan! I'm a cob user, and I've always wanted a better way to use cobs as side lighting. Does timber have any plans to maybe add a "swivle" option into any future build designs?
Hi @Prophetiko

Thanks for stopping by - that is an option we are looking to try to incorporate into future builds. For the DIY minded, you can achieve this with both our kits and fixtures given the way they are drilled/tapped in our kits and framed on our fixtures

Remember these are custom built so if you can afford 2 chips but want to expand to four Dan has got you covered. Want to mix the spectrum, i bet he has a thing or two to say about that as well. Timber lets your imagination run wild folks!

Thats not fair ...........this is seduction.........6 mnths ago i swore id stick with HPS...........There will be trouble in paradise.........this is motorbikes and hifis all over again .....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
hps is tried and true but cob and led are the future and these are the most professional looking cobs iv seen around nice design @RainDan

@RainDan hope im not too late for the questions, i love your kits and prebuilt lights i see your mainly focused on cobs, any chance of perhaps adding in far red UV or even some LED strips to make bigger panels to cover bigger areas?

or just plan on sticking with the cobs for now? seems some of the samsung / bridgelux strips are becoming more popular.
Hello @rayuki

Currently our focus is on COB based lighting. We are working on far red options and also continuously evaluate new tech for inclusion in our product line.

We do not work with UV, although our lights are designed in such a way that you can easily place a T-5 style troffer in the center to run a UV tube for instance as a separate circuit.

Remember these are custom built so if you can afford 2 chips but want to expand to four Dan has got you covered. Want to mix the spectrum, i bet he has a thing or two to say about that as well. Timber lets your imagination run wild folks!
Oh my god im going .......upgradeable components,gorgeous design,aluminium .........shit ,think i just made a mess

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks dude......660nM.that is the "far red spectrum" I keep reading about?...:crying:....in a normal 24hrs photosynthesis cycle, how long does a plant use the far red spectrum dude?.....these usually being emitted dawn and dusk......I think? Lol.....:headbang:, as supplemental lights would these always be on with the main lights?:pass:
The far red you are speaking of is 730nM -- this is traditionally used at lights out for 5-15 minutes to 'put the plant to sleep', allowing you to increase the amount of daylight (lights on). Most growers use these during the flowering phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back