Status
Not open for further replies.
Increased restrictions and labeling of cannabis as a poison began in many states from 1906 onward, and outright prohibitions began in the 1920s. By the mid-1930s marijuana was regulated as a drug in every state, including 35 states that adopted the Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act.[1] The first national regulation was the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937.[2] So in short Cannabis became criminalized to its extent in 1937!

It started around the same time, some countries made it federal at around the same time.

Maybe the big brewers and vintners saw dangerously cheap and plentiful competition...or that society was in general becoming more prudish.

Big news for Missouri!
proposed constitutional amendmentwould allow doctors to recommend medical cannabis for any condition.

Qualified patients, after getting physician approval, would receive identification cards from the state that last for one year, subject to renewal. Patients and their primary caregivers would be allowed to cultivate up to six marijuana plants and purchase at least four ounces of cannabis from dispensaries on a monthly basis.

The state would issue licenses for medical cannabis cultivation, testing, infused products manufacturing and dispensing businesses.

The measure sets up a four percent retail tax on medical cannabis sales, with all revenue going toward services for military veterans after implementation and regulations costs are covered.

Path to ballot: Organizers need to collect 160,199 valid signatures from registered voters to qualify the measure. As of late September, the campaign had collected nearly 75,000 raw signatures.

Who is behind the campaign: New Approach Missouri is working to put the measure before voters. The organization narrowly failed to qualify a similar measure for 2016’s ballot.

Polling: A number of polls have found majority support for medical cannabis, including a July 2016 survey showing voters favored an earlier proposed ballot measure by a margin of 62 percent to 27 percent.

Other Missouri Measures: A second medical cannabis constitutional initiative being organized by physician, lawyer and former lieutenant governor candidate Brad Bradshaw appears that it may qualify as well. His campaign says that it has already collected nearly 150,000 signatures. A third measure, a statutory one involving former House Speaker Steve Tilley, is also in play. And there are also a number of other competing marijuana initiatives seeking ballot access, including several that would legalize recreational marijuana in addition to medical cannabis, but there is no indication that these measures have enough funding to qualify.
You be careful, see what Hawaii and Florida are doing to their medical card holders.

You be careful, see what Hawaii and Florida are doing to their medical card holders.
I’m ks resident so I’m ineligible for a card. But it’s definitely a step forward for Missouri who was once thought to never legalize cannabis due to its alcohol revenue but here they are. Just hope they do right by this and their patients.

This is me and my ole ladies tune' We played this at our wedding

Great tune F.N. Bet I haven't heard it in 40 years l

Holy shit they weren't lying when they said this aquarium heater would take some time to heat the water..I'm going to be a skeleton by the time it's ready.
d
I bubble my water in a 5 gallon bucket and when I need to warm it up, I just fill and cap a milk jug full of hot water. It will raise water temp fairly quickly!:thumbsup:

I’m ks resident so I’m ineligible for a card. But it’s definitely a step forward for Missouri who was once thought to never legalize cannabis due to its alcohol revenue but here they are. Just hope they do right by this and their patients.
Yeah I was born in Colby, know your east of that a ways! Just sayin... am seeing another angle to a med card...seems to be being used for tracking.

W
Yeah I was born in Colby, know your east of that a ways! Just sayin... am seeing another angle to a med card...seems to be being used for tracking.
Which is yet one reason to grow your own but yet they’ll still know your affiliation having a medical card so that just puts you on another radar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back