Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m feeling the AFN VIBE!!! So whoever can answer this question will get 100 rep points!!! So here’s the question: Throughout his adult life, Elvis had a keen interest in martial arts and studied diligently! One of the highlights of his personal life was the achievement of the rank of 8th degree black belt in the art of Kenpo Karate. On what day, month and year was he promoted to this rank?

How about September 4 1974

24301232_10214381051817647_9216611096370034673_n.jpg

How about September 4 1974
This is absolutely correct!!! He received his 8th degree black belt from the international kenpo karate association on September 4 1974 on the recommendation of ed Parker in Las Vegas Nevada

Elvis Presley received his 8th Degree San Black Belt certificate from Master Rhee, at a private ceremony. The presentation took place on September 16, 1974 at Master Rhee's studio in Memphis.

The awards presentation was very 'low key' in comparison to other events that involved Elvis.

Elvis accepted his award in witness of his fellow students and their families. The photograph was signed and inscribed 'Kang Rhee, Karate Instructor of Elvis Presley, 8th Degree Black Belt PaSaRyu Karate, September 16th 1974, Memphis Tennessee, U.S.A'. penned by Master Rhee in black ink.

The photo was previously on display at Master Rhee studio in Memphis.

elvis-note-to-charlie-hodge-1.jpg

This is absolutely correct!!! He received his 8th degree black belt from the international kenpo karate association on September 4 1974 on the recommendation of ed Parker in Las Vegas Nevada

Elvis Presley received his 8th Degree San Black Belt certificate from Master Rhee, at a private ceremony. The presentation took place on September 16, 1974 at Master Rhee's studio in Memphis.

The awards presentation was very 'low key' in comparison to other events that involved Elvis.

Elvis accepted his award in witness of his fellow students and their families. The photograph was signed and inscribed 'Kang Rhee, Karate Instructor of Elvis Presley, 8th Degree Black Belt PaSaRyu Karate, September 16th 1974, Memphis Tennessee, U.S.A'. penned by Master Rhee in black ink.

The photo was previously on display at Master Rhee studio in Memphis.

elvis-note-to-charlie-hodge-1.jpg
hey that says the 5th! We're both wrong

Probably the wrong date on what I looked up. I did not even know he took karate Was he good friends with Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee. Holy Snappers I did not even see that on that hand written peice of paper it says the 5th oh well lets get BAKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back