Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are all making good points. I am asking mainly because I am gonna setup a 50 gallon drum. I'm coming up with ways to utilize it. Either gravity feeding plain water, or nute mix. Or if it would be better to go with buckets instead of 27 gallon totes. In the end, I'll probly just keep doing what Im doin for a bit more.
If i could gravity fill my stuff with a 55 drum and not worry about spoilage and ph. That would be so legit. I see where you are going.
I can say. Depending on the nutes. A week is about as long as they stay good stagnant for me

Wait, so in the entire life cycle you don't change your res at all? You just add nutes and adjust as needed? You don't seem to run into any strange lock outs or PH fluctuations? Do you feed any enzymes as a cleanser? I've always been fascinated by the concept of never changing reservoirs in hydro. I've seen it done a few times with reasonable success and every time it blows me away.
Logically speaking, I would assume that the non bio-available salts would eventually build up over time raising the electrical conductivity of your water "taking up seats" on your water's "commuter train" if you will.... If the good seats are full of immobile salts, then there is less room on the train over time for the good salts to occupy. LOGICALLY over time this would cause certain good minerals or salts to get locked out of the train and not be able to get a ride up your plants phloem to do it's job. Unfortunately, sometimes nature likes to defy logic and turn everything we think we know upside down.
Well gentlemen.... I just used a commuter train as metaphor to the water in a DWC bucket. I am fucking stoned.... :woohoo1:

a larger buffer capacity comes with a larger volume, significantly reducing that effect. I get pH issues anytime I try to boost the ppm without changing the water. it's risky business. Usually fixable though.

Wait, so in the entire life cycle you don't change your res at all? You just add nutes and adjust as needed? You don't seem to run into any strange lock outs or PH fluctuations? Do you feed any enzymes as a cleanser? I've always been fascinated by the concept of never changing reservoirs in hydro. I've seen it done a few times with reasonable success and every time it blows me away.
Logically speaking, I would assume that the non bio-available salts would eventually build up over time raising the electrical conductivity of your water "taking up seats" on your water's "commuter train" if you will.... If the good seats are full of immobile salts, then there is less room on the train over time for the good salts to occupy. LOGICALLY over time this would cause certain good minerals or salts to get locked out of the train and not be able to get a ride up your plants phloem to do it's job. Unfortunately, sometimes nature likes to defy logic and turn everything we think we know upside down.
Well gentlemen.... I just used a commuter train as metaphor to the water in a DWC bucket. I am fucking stoned.... :woohoo1:
Changed the res 1 time. Just when it transitioned to flower.
I'm not saying thats a good idea I'm just
Lazy. And if i run into issues i will change. But i let them tell me that they are having issues before i do real work like that lol.

This is my dwc girl in reference. 10 gal brute can

Also its white. And that was supposed to be bad as well lol. I live dangerously and learn the hard way when taught lessons
20171113_115537.jpg
20171113_115611.jpg
20171110_085346.jpg
20171110_085303.jpg
20171121_143949.jpg
20171122_162930.jpg
20171122_163427.jpg
20171122_165814.jpg

I'd grow that for looks alone!

I think it could win me outdoor live bud or dry. For the outdoor auto battle this next season, but I think I’m going to choose six shooter for the outdoor auto battle. I’m super indecisive about it but given my areas climate the lsd-25 will be my best bet due to its resistance to humidity and mold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back