Status
Not open for further replies.
a larger buffer capacity comes with a larger volume, significantly reducing that effect. I get pH issues anytime I try to boost the ppm without changing the water. it's risky business. Usually fixable though.
That's kind of what I figured. I used to grow in Deep Water culture, and the longest we could usually get out of each 20 gallon rubber maid tote was ~14 days before things started to get fussy. PH would usually begin to fluctuate wildly after being topped off, and would often times present Cal/mag/iron compounded deficiencies (with RO water both in Veg+Bloom and A/N Connoissuer Grand Master line [Minus Sensizym]) . We tried to adjust by adding more food and things still seemed to fluctuate more than I would have liked. It took a lot of time to adjust and trouble shoot, so we went for the supposedly easy and incredibly expensive alternative. At a certain point we gave up and went back to changing the res every 10 days.
Granted I was NOT a hydro grower at all, so I dont in any way claim to be an expert! It was a fun year or so long experience, but I have always been and am still a dirt bagger. :vibe:
That plant is incredible Ash-a-ton...... I'm a believer. Whatever it is that you are doing, don't stop. :worship:
It's like no till gardening...... but in Hydro......:pass: + rep my dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back