Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ash-a-Ton (or anyone else with dwc experience) I want your opinion. Do you prefer buckets, or do you think large volume DWC like mine is better?

Last grow I noticed big diff in how two varieties grew in the same rez, this time they are all 4 the same, and widely diff results still. Of course I cooked em a little bit in the first week by accident. One rez recovered well, and plants are great, other rez not so much, two weeks to recover.

question? do more plants in a larger volume of water require higher PPM?
question? even with constant recirculation, and 2 airstones per rez, there seems to be a variance between the two. Why?

Last edited:
@Ash-a-Ton I want your opinion. Do you prefer buckets, or do you think large volume DWC like mine is better?

Last grow I noticed big diff in how two varieties grew in the same rez, this time they are all 4 the same, and widely diff results still. Of course I cooked em a little bit in the first week by accident. One rez recovered well, and plants are great, other rez not so much, two weeks to recover.
Only used individual buckets. Just different sizes.
I can say after one time. The bigger res/basket has performed for sure. 10 gal brute trash can and lid combo with 2 stones. 3 is better. But 2 is fine. But as far as multiple plants in same res. No exp. But i would think each plant is a bit different and might not all like same nute mix?

kramer festivus.jpg
Festivus, For The RestovUs

Praise Bob.
bob.png

Also gene. I literally have never checked ppm. Dont even have a meter lol. Only ph.
If I'm using a 3 part. Typically 10 ml of grow/bloom. 10 ml micro. 10 ml cal mag.
(Per gallon)

Mammoth p 1-2 ml per gal 1x a week.

Great white until mid flower
And as much air as i can push at the time.

Also gene. I literally have never checked ppm. Dont even have a meter lol. Only ph.
If I'm using a 3 part. Typically 10 ml of grow/bloom. 10 ml micro. 10 ml cal mag.
(Per gallon)

Mammoth p 1-2 ml per gal 1x a week.

Great white until mid flower
And as much air as i can push at the time.

I think changing it all out in buckets would be easier, I am still not sure if the roots are consistently bigger in my deep volume tanks. I want to learn more! I'm a total nerd for finding the right balance.

well, im here alone watching Sienfeld re-runs, cant be any worse than that love.
ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hey, same here I've been home alone all day as everyone left to go pick up my daughter from college so she can be home for Thanksgiving. Just we're not having our's tomorrow got rescheduled for Friday Danksgiving.

I think changing it all out in buckets would be easier, I am still not sure if the roots are consistently bigger in my deep volume tanks. I want to learn more! I'm a total nerd for finding the right balance.
Also. I don't change res. I mix up nutes and keep my res topped off.
Can't wait to see the full root mass on the big girl.

And i am curious as to how it works.
My theory is bigger basket is a key part. Wider root spread to send out more taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back