Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be all of us racing to get over for some of that GWK @Green Goblin

Haha, just got them hung up to dry..The back of my hands are sticky and STANK from gripping the base of the plant while chopping..Now the fun begins..chopping up the root balls into 1 inch pieces to be composted when I re-amend the mix..

The beast
1510713544730671302047.jpg
1510713609764266935966.jpg
1510713624769336112148.jpg
15107136592611666550187.jpg

In a cardboard box be same as a bag right? My grow room is small and I can turn lights out and control the rh and temps in there if I hang them in there can I keep the temps you mentioned and rh you said then after a few days bag them or straight to jars?

I wish I could find the forum page I read about drying/curing...basically it said..what ever your room RH is..lets say 55% you would let it dry for 5 days then add one day..so at 55%RH +1 day=6days.
70%RH =1 day=8 total days. with light air circulation ..etc etc. Along with the stem break test, it has worked very well for me. I place trimmed buds after drying in to jars with Boveda 62% packs and call it a day. I have cured in a box, it does the job, but need to be watched a little closer. vent holes are a must , RH in the box can be very different from ambient room RH due to the fact , the buds are drying out in confinement, so air is a must to prevent the in creased chance of mold.

@Cotton46
I believe you like good joint dried bud no?

If so. Letting it dry a lil extra is no issue. As far as a good dry method.
"Poormans"
I like to use a big box. On its side. Poke a hole stick a stalk through the hole. Put a pin through stalk. Repeat with all of your colas.
Smaller buds can just be laid in the bottom and flipped 2x a day. Til stems break and buds have a slight crunch feel to outside and a slight sponge feel inside. Then trim n jar. Pretty much what i do.

I just moved my cobs to the back pole in the tent..kept the oscillating fans going not pointed directly at the buds..chopped the plant at the base,strung some twine, hung each plant so they weren't touching...All fan leaves removed before hanging then a dry trim in about a week.. Temps are 65 ( no lights on ) humidity is about 40-45..:thumbsup:

I wish I could find the forum page I read about drying/curing...basically it said..what ever your room RH is..lets say 55% you would let it dry for 5 days then add one day..so at 55%RH +1 day=6days.
70%RH =1 day=8 total days. with light air circulation ..etc etc. Along with the stem break test, it has worked very well for me. I place trimmed buds after drying in to jars with Boveda 62% packs and call it a day. I have cured in a box, it does the job, but need to be watched a little closer. vent holes are a must , RH in the box can be very different from ambient room RH due to the fact , the buds are drying out in confinement, so air is a must to prevent the in creased chance of mold.
Thanks this gives me the guide I need on the days and RH.

@Cotton46
I believe you like good joint dried bud no?

If so. Letting it dry a lil extra is no issue. As far as a good dry method.
"Poormans"
I like to use a big box. On its side. Poke a hole stick a stalk through the hole. Put a pin through stalk. Repeat with all of your colas.
Smaller buds can just be laid in the bottom and flipped 2x a day. Til stems break and buds have a slight crunch feel to outside and a slight sponge feel inside. Then trim n jar. Pretty much what i do.
My problems this round is not but couple bags and no box lol so need to just use my grow space and hang them just wasn't sure about the temps and the process I've never hung dry. And yes I like a good dry rolling bud for I role all my meds or burn a bowl I even have an old corncob pipe lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back