Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a autocob like grow light, 55 Watts with a CREE CXB3590 spitting out somewhere around 8000 lumens.
Thinking about buying three more and using the four of them in a 1 square meter tent.

Can anybody tell me if that would be enough light to grow some autoflowers??

If you go for 5th in the middle and have an X formation you should get full coverage if your aim is wall to wall bud, scrog growing

Trust me when I say, I've tried damn-near all lighting sources and thus far, the COBs win by a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG shot!!!! I am still planning on keeping an HPS of some wattage in the grow for additional UVs, but I'm trying to convert everything to COBs.. The electricity savings alone is worth shelling out the cash and @BigSm0 has amazing product line w/ great prices!!! Not sure how the shipping is overseas, but it is worth it IMO, as you guys pay both more for electricity AND for bud, so the investment is a good idea!!

Welcome to cob side... I'm eyeing me up me some quantum boards for my next build by HLG to save even more on the electric.

rightly so aswell mate. wish id bought cobs to start with. with the money you save in leccy they easily pay for themselves in 2 grows
Not necessarily saving money.. My lighting history (spread out over 20 years or so) (skipping compact fluorescent's and such):
- 1 x 400 Watt HPS
- 2 x 600Watt HPS's
- 2 x DIY Bridgelux full spectrum 100Watt COB lights
- 2 x 400Watt Chinese 8 band full spectrum COB lights (Each has 2 cob's with 64 3 watt leds, actual power consumption: 200Watts)
- 1 x 1500Watt 5 COB led light which only uses ~200Watts (really unsatisfied with this one)

And now making the move to CREE CXB's..

Am I addicted to buying stuff for my plants maybe??

If you go for 5th in the middle and have an X formation you should get full coverage if your aim is wall to wall bud, scrog growing
The beauty of buying one COB at a time is that I can gently increase the number, so a fifth light will probably be added in the near future! :)

Good morning/afternoon/evening AFN family! It’s Friday which is also feeding day for my gals. Just wanted to do a flashback and present pic in honor of flashback Friday!
90fbf1e99f3634fbd7a3c1e59881d0dc.jpg
britney day 1
bae7e1ee86cb8b863d5ff43c326675b8.jpg
britney day 33

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still need to pick up 4 more, but will probably get them 2 at a whack since I have to now invest in materials to build a new grow room at the new house.. I can get some of the stuff for free from construction sites, but I'm not a thief, so I take the scrap stuff; meaning it would literally take months to accumulate everything I need so I'm gonna have to buy some of it.. I also have to update the 100amp service to 200amp so I can expand a little, so that's where some of my extra money is funneled to.. Could be worse, I guess!!

The beauty of buying one COB at a time is that I can gently increase the number, so a fifth light will probably be added in the near future! :)

whats also worth considering is that the 5th centre light could be a burple light of sorts to give the spectrum extra boosting in the blues / UV's and far reds

I still need to pick up 4 more, but will probably get them 2 at a whack since I have to now invest in materials to build a new grow room at the new house.. I can get some of the stuff for free from construction sites, but I'm not a thief, so I take the scrap stuff; meaning it would literally take months to accumulate everything I need so I'm gonna have to buy some of it.. I also have to update the 100amp service to 200amp so I can expand a little, so that's where some of my extra money is funneled to.. Could be worse, I guess!!
I do same thing bro on a few jobs I even offered to clean the site just for the scrap pile lol saves big time when you need a few peices of wood!!

yeah, you really shouldn't switch to bloom nutes too soon... Many new auto grower's instant hit them with bloom when see pre-flowering, but that's not the correct time to change over as most of vertical growth happening and kinda dependent on veg nutes still.....
How about this concept . Feed em both ?? Start with your veg nutes and add your bloom nutes as they go into flower keeping the veg nutes going the full term . Anybody try it ?? The thought had crossed my mind might be a case for over fertilization . :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back