Status
Not open for further replies.
Preach. I have the best of both worlds, I have acerage backed up to acerage, backed up to wildlife management area. I'm also 5 minute drive from downtown. I love my little home beyond words, she ain't fancy, but she takes care of me.
Growing up I spent some of my summers on My Grandmothers farm in Apalachia. So far up a squirrel trail that if you saw people drive up you knew they either were lost or had business. These were the days that ruined me for grocery store produce for life. I will eat it. But it is more of a nutritional duty than a pleasure. Standing in the bottom garden at the age of 11 on a hot July afternoon with a salt shaker eating tomatos off the vine as fast as you can salt and gorge them. It's the simple things from childhood that stick with you. The feel of the sun on your face, the smell of the damp earth beneath your feet. The smell of a river bottom filled to capacity with vegetables and tobacco. I hope that is there in my final moments...

There is really something wrong with me. I read this and thought to my self "what breed? Well I'm pretty sure she's human just like the good doctor..."

IF the Good Dr Babnik is a shrink perhaps is should schedule a visit...
Nothing wrong with you Pud . All my shrink wanted to know was whether I could pay the bill or not . I like to think of myself as somewhat eccentric if you will . :woohoo:

Just dropped 2 seeds to soak...
1 Photo and 1 Auto
1) GYO seedbank AK47 (for the 2 Liter photo comp as well as the Outdoor grow comp - so expecting big things from my first Photo Grow)
2) Auto Northern Lights, to start a perpetual grow (same strain I'm currently growing and as my current girl has over 3 weeks to go - so need to get the next grow on the road)
Lets hope for the best.
Hey Walter.

I think at one time I mentioned using a Magical Butter Machine in a discussion a while back. I wanted to mention that there is also a pretty cheap stainless steel stove top device that can make butter infused and I believe I have seen mention of making oil with it as well. I mention this because one of the things I like about this Northern Lights is that it makes Outstanding cooking Oil. The taste is really good and the potency has been spot on. I think they run around $25 or so.

Sucking up some photons . :thumbsup:
DSCN0993.JPG

Nothing wrong with you Pud . All my shrink wanted to know was whether I could pay the bill or not . I like to think of myself as somewhat eccentric if you will . :woohoo:
The part I like in that sentence is the part where you said "I like to think". I wish more people would try this unusual time consuming process. Highly recommended. In my corner of the world we are trying to legislate that out of eistance.

Both times it was blackish mold on the buds...

Ok, if you are watering overhead, instead of at soil level, that will cause that. High humidity and low wind will do that. Can get that from watering at night.

Ways to stop bud rot:(im sure there are more)

Water in the morning. Tests actually show increased yield if you water 1/3 around noon, and another 1/3 every hour or two)

Do not water the canopy, especially at night.

prune up the plant from the ground as it grows, make sure there is plenty of air flow under and through the canopy.

Before you plant, prepare the soil with an organic fungicide and let it dry out.

Make sure you plants are spaced well, to increase air flow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back