Status
Not open for further replies.
No i haven't. I am a bit of a hippie and the closer to planting it in the ground i can get the better. So the 4k has a 98%match to sun vs the 3k with only 93% match. Simple math for me. Thats it. Thats all the science i have. And as far as frost, ive had strains super frosty and some hardly at all. I think its more genetics than light.

Fire one off for me [emoji108] HG

Agreed...genetics over light source for sure...back in the early 90's i did many runs using a matal halide for flowering and there was excellent frost for sure. Not as much yield but tons of frost!!

I got sticker'mathings!

IMG_20181102_161606.jpg

And a mat, I spose I'm sposed to mull up on it so I can scrape hash?

I definitely want to try the 4K bulbs for a whole cycle, the 3K ones too, but I really want to see what the 4K bulb will do in flower. I think the enhanced UV from that spectrum will help give the plants greater trichome coverage, even if that may mean slightly smaller yields. It would be cool to do a full grow with the same variables for each grow, except using the 3K for one and the 4K for the other. Have you used both bulbs for veg/flower?
I am using a 630 de cmh for my first time it is a amazing light. Got 600 hps and led's. But this cmh blows them away! Bulb is 3100k. Trichome production is awesome. I would put it up against a 1000 watt hps all day.

See this is what I dont like ..I mean its good to have the study . But its bin known and said people under 18 shouldn't smoke allot for this reason. Its like there arent many negatives to weed but they keep redressing the dead horse so they can beat it more lol

And the article is wrong, we need a control group who doesn't use marijuana or any substances at all, and another one with no weed but on alcohol. Then we'll see who's head gets screwed up the most.

That's before I look at the study itself, and such a thing should never be called a "study" due to the numbers and absolute lack of a "control group", frankly it should never have gotten off the ground because we have absolutely no indication that any other factors may have influenced things (which is actually quite likely). So it's a joke, it's pseudo-science, but at least it's dodgy pseudo-science on behalf of the "anti" brigade so it can be thrown in their face when they spout "studies say".

Also, and this is being deadly serious, there's been a BFO ongoing experiment in Holland called "decriminalisation and licenced sales" which has not shown any real rise in the amount of batcrap crazy people over the years. Education standards are still high, there's not a generation of psychotic dribbling zombies shuffling around, it's actually pretty normal ("normal" human societal behaviour covers a WIDE range) so I'll stand by what I've said for years.

Marijuana CAN cause issues with those who already have a tendency towards such things, CAN be detrimental to the teenage brain and learning like so many other legal substances out there (schools aren't banning energy drinks for no reason), should never be allowed for under-18's, but these kids WILL get it if they want it, same as they always get tobacco and alcohol somewhere even when legally too young to do so, and the more people spout "Drugs are bad, m'kay" the more the very same "youth" will go "that must be good shit, they say we can't have it", hunt it down and enter the murky depths of the black market, the place where the dealers go "You like that? You're going to LOVE this" and create a new generation of addicts. Open sales means kids think it's "boring", legalisation takes the kick out of "doing something bad" out of the equation, removes peer pressure, and so on, open discussion, rational, discussion paves the way to better awareness of the pitfalls for everyone.

Even the UN are looking at reclassifying marijuana and removing CBD extracts from their schedule of "prohibited" substances altogether, which will force change in many a country, so if there was ever a time to get the pressure on assorted governments it is now, for the momentum in much of the world, and we actually have to thank the press, even the schizophrenic Daily Mail with it's "cannabis bad but medical marijuana good" stance, for highlighting the known benefits of marijuana and getting the public awareness of such up. What that "study" does is actually helps the case "for" legalisation as, simply, if they have to rely on that abysmal level of "research" then the fight is won.

Agreed...genetics over light source for sure...back in the early 90's i did many runs using a matal halide for flowering and there was excellent frost for sure. Not as much yield but tons of frost!!

Morning @912GreenSkell ..I say genetics too.

I grow under the sun...and I can get different tric frosts on different crosses at the same time...on the same light pattern.

I got sticker'mathings!

View attachment 968250

And a mat, I spose I'm sposed to mull up on it so I can scrape hash?

Morning @fettled6 :bighug:..I was coming in to check if you were MIA..you seem to have beenmissing on my mornings lately.....:pass:..glad to see I'm wrong

cool sticker.I also want to design some stickers for Mars Hydro

Morning @MarshydroTina :bighug:..why don't you make a competition out of it...?

Best Mars design gets turned into a sticker...we can add a poll for you..get a vote on it.

I have seen some amazing designs from AFN members...

What people Need to understand is...Cannabis does not Cause mental health issues.

People with undiagnosed or untreated mental health issues will be Attracted to cannabis...coz it relieves their symptoms.

They don't realise that they are medicating with it..they just realise smoking it makes them feel better.

What people Need to understand is...Cannabis does not Cause mental health issues.

People with undiagnosed or untreated mental health issues will be Attracted to cannabis...coz it relieves their symptoms.

They don't realise that they are medicating with it..they just realise smoking it makes them feel better.

Not necessarily, not when the "recreational use" becomes "abuse" and then becomes something that eases symptoms created by the abuse, a sight seen with teens no matter what the substance as the intention is to get as far into whatever oblivion is the chosen path, whether that is narcotics, alcohol, prescription medication, solvent abuse or whatever.

And that's where the biggest mess is, you have one side saying it WILL turn you batshit and another side saying "no, you're effectively treating underlying symptoms". With the knowledge we have now, both standpoints are not only extreme but are also incorrect, as we know that correct USE can be useful in the treatment of various disorders, but when you ABUSE the substance there is a risk of triggering undiagnosed issues and that risk is higher in teenagers.

So there be the rub, the fact that there is a risk when weed is abused means that there is always that weapon for the scaremongerers, but it has to be countered with reality and not falsehoods. After all, there is a risk with any prescription medication, there is a risk to the health from "harmless" drugs like caffeine, and we won't go into alcohol and tobacco, and we have to counter the scaremongering with the realities, and the data is there from Holland, and accept that there are risks, there has to be restrictions, and that, no matter what, like with caffeine/alcohol/whatever, people will go over the top and into abuse and addiction.

And given that people WILL find a way to consume weed, as humans have done for a LONG time, then the best solution is to open things up so something that causes less cost to the economy than either tobacco or alcohol does is taken out of the black market and away from those who wish to get you onto powders, pills and christ knows what else, a safer, more regulated, environment, as we all know from basic history that Prohibition does NOT work no matter how many times you try it, and having laws based on knowledge from 80 or more years ago which has been destroyed by more modern research is as ridiculous as banning homosexuality

Let's say I disagree with you on most of your theories..:shrug:..you can have your opinions I have mine.

Except the fact that people will always find a way to use cannabis.
Prohibition doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back