Status
Not open for further replies.
Good challenge for the girls. Toughen up to the max.

Now my chillies will be chilled just thinking about anything that cold - but as long as it's just cool air and we get sun the pot temps should stay higher (the most important bit IMO)

Now my chillies will be chilled just thinking about anything that cold - but as long as it's just cool air and we get sun the pot temps should stay higher (the most important bit IMO)

Ha.....my wife and I were saying exactly that about our sweet and hot peppers 2 hours ago!! Little buggers are in the ground and look bad! Shit happens...still lots of summer for growing!

Thats one plant i never worry about...hot peppers....no matter how poorly we treat them, we always get loads of hot peppers

I always treat hot peppers as a 2 year project here - yr one grow em and let em branch (greenhouse/coldframe/window) an you will get a few - and then hack em back in the autumn and leave em somewhere sunny but cool. The next year you pot them up (or transplant out) and you get a monster crop.

I always treat hot peppers as a 2 year project here - yr one grow em and let em branch (greenhouse/coldframe/window) an you will get a few - and then hack em back in the autumn and leave em somewhere sunny but cool. The next year you pot them up (or transplant out) and you get a monster crop.

OH neat!! Far too cold here for that i think....-40C during the winter here some days, with lots of -20C. We usually get around 30-50 peppers off a plant(chili) and around 20 off jalepenos. Some of the fancier varieties produce much less(they seem to flower later), stuff like ghost and scorpion pepper tend to only put out a couple on our climate.

oh dear lool - 4 am - just as well I can sleep in oops...

Night night folks (or as we say in Scotland 'sheep well').

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back