Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe ????
When white areas form at leaf tips or in between veins, the plant is Zinc deficient. This can be treated by adding organic fertilizer containing Zinc or by burying galvanized nails in the soil.
ZINC.jpg

Well I would think if she was nitrogen hungry you would see the yellowing progressing from the bottom upward as she fed on herself...2 things that I'm bouncing around, is either a sulfur deficiency or the intensity of the sun compared to inside..Did you gradually introduce them to bright light when you put it out or did you go balls to the wall right in the sun?
Sounds more like balls to the wall sort of approach when you consider I did the same thing to my seedlings too . :nono:

good point....i will shut up lol

Lol - sorry man, i didn't mean to come across like i was calling you out. I've been trying to learn my elements and their mobilities (i keep reading and it never sinks in lol) & was super pleased that i could recite the nitrogen part of it ^_^

N being a mobile element, after it's been originally taken in, it can be "re-assigned" to a more demanding area (new growth). The "price" you pay for this is yellowing from where it was taken.

This kinda means, that if something is happening in new growth - it's going to be down to one of the Immobile elements (so can be narrowed down)

Sulpher Magnese or (micronutrient) Zinc being the prime candiates for Bears plant (if it's not down to stress or sun or outside related things that i don't know about)

no shit about the Nails dude......does it work for coco?

It's new on me too! :D

Lol - sorry man, i didn't mean to come across like i was calling you out. I've been trying to learn my elements and their mobilities (i keep reading and it never sinks in lol) & was super pleased that i could recite the nitrogen part of it ^_^

N being a mobile element, after it's been originally taken in, it can be "re-assigned" to a more demanding area (new growth). The "price" you pay for this is yellowing from where it was taken.

This kinda means, that if something is happening in new growth - it's going to be down to one of the Immobile elements (so can be narrowed down)

Sulpher Magnese or (micronutrient) Zinc being the prime candiates for Bears plant (if it's not down to stress or sun or outside related things that i don't know about)

It's new on me too! :D
Just ignore him blue he gets that way when we don't pay attention to him .

Just ignore him blue he gets that way when we don't pay attention to him .

I feel bad, i realised my repsonse sounded "blunt" and while i was writing, he logged off!

Anyone interested in a slightly dry but completely enlightening artical on Elements and their mobility?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back