Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not ignoring anybody I was just putting together a credibile answer and putting some thought to it while looking over bear's pic and the ones I found..Instead of you know like those other forums where everyone is an expert and suggests you add bleach to your next watering because their buddy said it was an awesome root accelerator.

Okay Moved them away from the sun . Dropped a big feeding of MegaCrop on them !! and the colour appears to be improving OR it's my imagination !! I layed down a layer of used peat for them too put their feet on . I know they'll put roots through the pot because they've done it before . Thanks for your input people sometimes I need a little kickstart to get my mind working . :bighug:I'm gettin real good at this recovering shit but I still need every body's help everybody so don't feel your being ignored because your thoughts are not accepted right away it's the thought that counts . Park your ego at the door when you come to chat with the Bear . :biggrin:
DSCN2070.JPG

Park your ego at the door when you come to chat with the Bear . :biggrin:

You're gonna need a HUGE drive way for ole' blue!! (I'm a maniac!!!) :rofl:

Here's some science from MSU - it's clever talk for "How to read your plants"

Seventeen elements have been identified as vital to plant growth.
Three elements, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, are non-minerals. The other 14 are minerals.

Carbon and oxygen enter plants through leaves as carbon dioxide.
Oxygen also enters plants with hydrogen through roots as water.

The other 14 must be dissolved in soil water and enter the plant as roots take up water.

Mineral elements can further be divided into primary or secondary macronutrients and micronutrients.

Macronutrients are those needed in relatively large amounts while micronutrients, as their name implies, are needed in small amounts. However, a deficiency in any vital element can seriously inhibit plant development.

The 14 elements essential for plant growth and their mobility and role within the plant.

Macronutrients

Primary

Nitrogen (N) Yes
Formation of amino acids, vitamins and proteins; cell division

Phosphorous (P) Yes
Energy storage and transfer; cell growth; root and seed formation and growth; winter hardiness; water use

Potassium (K) Yes
Carbohydrate metabolism, breakdown and translocation; water efficiency; fruit formation; winter hardiness; disease resistance

Secondary

Calcium (Ca) No
Cell division and formation; nitrogen metabolism; translocation; fruit set

Magnesium (Mg) Yes
Chlorophyll production; phosphorus mobility; iron utilization; fruit maturation

Sulfur (S) No
Amino acids formation; enzyme and vitamin development; seed production; chlorophyll formation

Micronutrients

Boron (B) No
Pollen grain germination and tube growth; seed and cell wall formation; maturity promotion; sugar translocation

Chlorine (Cl) Yes
Role not well understood

Copper (Cu) No
Metabolic catalyst; functions in photosynthesis and reproduction; increases sugar; intensifies color; improves flavor

Iron (Fe) No
Chlorophyll formation; oxygen carrier; cell division and growth

Manganese (Mn) No
Involved in enzyme systems; aids chlorophyll synthesis; P and CA availability

Molybdenum (Mo) Yes
Nitrate reductase formation; converts inorganic phosphates to organic

Nickel (Ni) Yes
Nitrogen metabolism and fixation; disease tolerance

Zinc (Zn) No
Hormone and enzyme systems; chlorophyll production; carbohydrate, starch and seed formation

HOW MOBILE & IMMOBILIE ELEMENTS WORK

Once inside plants, nutrients are transported to where they are needed, typically to growing points. Once incorporated by the plant, some elements can be immobile while others can be remobilized. Immobile elements essentially get locked in place and that is where they stay. Those that can be remobilized can leave their original location and move to areas of greater demand. Knowing which are mobile or immobile is helpful in diagnosing deficiency symptoms.

Since immobile elements do not easily move within the plant, when deficiency symptoms occur they show up in new growth (Photo 1). When mobile elements become limiting, they can be scavenged from older growth and moved to where they are most needed, causing deficiency symptoms in older growth (Photo 2).

11-14-Deficiency-symptoms-1-RON.jpg
11-14-Deficiency-symptoms-2-RON.jpg

Photos 1-2. (Left) Typical deficiency symptoms of a non- mobile nutrient (iron) within the plant. Note newer leaves are more affected. (Right) Typical deficiency symptoms of a mobile nutrient (nitrogen) within the plant. Note older leaves are senescing while younger leaves are still green. Photo credits: Howard F. Schwartz, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org (left) and R.L. Croissant, Bugwood.org (right)

Most nutrient deficiencies need a certain amount of time after growth begins for symptoms to occur. Early growth is often not fast enough or of a great enough volume for symptom expression. Deficiencies are often revealed when the plant is at maximum growth or at other times of high nutrient demand such as fruit development.

According to Michigan State University Extension, nutrient deficiencies can be due to a number of reasons. The most obvious is that the element is not in a high enough level naturally in the soil. Many sand-based soils with high leaching potential are often low in highly soluble nutrients. In some cases, the element is in adequate levels, but unavailable due to pH being too high or too low or the soil temperature being too low for adequate uptake. Other reasons could be too little or too much water or soil compaction. Remember all mineral elements need to come from the soil and if water uptake is interrupted for any reason, so is nutrient uptake.

I feel bad, i realised my repsonse sounded "blunt" and while i was writing, he logged off!

Anyone interested in a slightly dry but completely enlightening artical on Elements and their mobility?? :D
haha dont worry about me @blue .....im on and off all day lol...and dont worry about ignoring me.......everybody does from time to time haha...especially @9bear haha:vibe::vibe::vibe:

haha dont worry about me @blue .....im on and off all day lol...and dont worry about ignoring me.......everybody does from time to time haha...especially @9bear haha:vibe::vibe::vibe:
and also i talk a lot of shit too so dont worry about it haha:bighug::pass:

You're gonna need a HUGE drive way for ole' blue!! (I'm a maniac!!!) :rofl:

Here's some science from MSU - it's clever talk for "How to read your plants"

Seventeen elements have been identified as vital to plant growth.
Three elements, carbon, hydrogen and oxygen, are non-minerals. The other 14 are minerals.

Carbon and oxygen enter plants through leaves as carbon dioxide.
Oxygen also enters plants with hydrogen through roots as water.

The other 14 must be dissolved in soil water and enter the plant as roots take up water.

Mineral elements can further be divided into primary or secondary macronutrients and micronutrients.

Macronutrients are those needed in relatively large amounts while micronutrients, as their name implies, are needed in small amounts. However, a deficiency in any vital element can seriously inhibit plant development.

The 14 elements essential for plant growth and their mobility and role within the plant.

Macronutrients

Primary

Nitrogen (N) Yes
Formation of amino acids, vitamins and proteins; cell division

Phosphorous (P) Yes
Energy storage and transfer; cell growth; root and seed formation and growth; winter hardiness; water use

Potassium (K) Yes
Carbohydrate metabolism, breakdown and translocation; water efficiency; fruit formation; winter hardiness; disease resistance

Secondary

Calcium (Ca) No
Cell division and formation; nitrogen metabolism; translocation; fruit set

Magnesium (Mg) Yes
Chlorophyll production; phosphorus mobility; iron utilization; fruit maturation

Sulfur (S) No
Amino acids formation; enzyme and vitamin development; seed production; chlorophyll formation

Micronutrients

Boron (B) No
Pollen grain germination and tube growth; seed and cell wall formation; maturity promotion; sugar translocation

Chlorine (Cl) Yes
Role not well understood

Copper (Cu) No
Metabolic catalyst; functions in photosynthesis and reproduction; increases sugar; intensifies color; improves flavor

Iron (Fe) No
Chlorophyll formation; oxygen carrier; cell division and growth

Manganese (Mn) No
Involved in enzyme systems; aids chlorophyll synthesis; P and CA availability

Molybdenum (Mo) Yes
Nitrate reductase formation; converts inorganic phosphates to organic

Nickel (Ni) Yes
Nitrogen metabolism and fixation; disease tolerance

Zinc (Zn) No
Hormone and enzyme systems; chlorophyll production; carbohydrate, starch and seed formation

HOW MOBILE & IMMOBILIE ELEMENTS WORK

Once inside plants, nutrients are transported to where they are needed, typically to growing points. Once incorporated by the plant, some elements can be immobile while others can be remobilized. Immobile elements essentially get locked in place and that is where they stay. Those that can be remobilized can leave their original location and move to areas of greater demand. Knowing which are mobile or immobile is helpful in diagnosing deficiency symptoms.

Since immobile elements do not easily move within the plant, when deficiency symptoms occur they show up in new growth (Photo 1). When mobile elements become limiting, they can be scavenged from older growth and moved to where they are most needed, causing deficiency symptoms in older growth (Photo 2).

11-14-Deficiency-symptoms-1-RON.jpg
11-14-Deficiency-symptoms-2-RON.jpg

Photos 1-2. (Left) Typical deficiency symptoms of a non- mobile nutrient (iron) within the plant. Note newer leaves are more affected. (Right) Typical deficiency symptoms of a mobile nutrient (nitrogen) within the plant. Note older leaves are senescing while younger leaves are still green. Photo credits: Howard F. Schwartz, Colorado State University, Bugwood.org (left) and R.L. Croissant, Bugwood.org (right)

Most nutrient deficiencies need a certain amount of time after growth begins for symptoms to occur. Early growth is often not fast enough or of a great enough volume for symptom expression. Deficiencies are often revealed when the plant is at maximum growth or at other times of high nutrient demand such as fruit development.

According to Michigan State University Extension, nutrient deficiencies can be due to a number of reasons. The most obvious is that the element is not in a high enough level naturally in the soil. Many sand-based soils with high leaching potential are often low in highly soluble nutrients. In some cases, the element is in adequate levels, but unavailable due to pH being too high or too low or the soil temperature being too low for adequate uptake. Other reasons could be too little or too much water or soil compaction. Remember all mineral elements need to come from the soil and if water uptake is interrupted for any reason, so is nutrient uptake.
I can park 4 cars wide and 2 deep and 2 in the garage so there's always a spot for you blue @blue . You expect me to remember all that . :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back