Status
Not open for further replies.
104homesteading.com has a list of books that I've printed and I recommend them all, even the suburban books because they teach u alot about gardening and how to maximize yields in small places and really cool pot and container ideas, and several tactics will work with canna also I feel. Small or dwarf autos on ur patio deck grown qith flowers and veggies and nobody would ever notice them. I stunted a photo last year and planted it in a raised flower bed and u had to really look to see the random colas popping out between the veggies and flowers. Got 7 colas the size of pop cans from it. Probably the funniest and funnest grow I've ever done. Minus the plant that grew in a pallet of bricks from us taking lunch on them every day and someone through a seed down not thinking anything of it and two weeks later we had a canna vine growing sadly we killed it because I needed the bricks in my sidewalk. But she grew well for several weeks.

@Eclectic Elle locate a PDF of a book called "Square foot gardening" http://www.squarefootgardening.com/...-with-free-intro-class-recording-and-handout/
Its basically SoG for veggies, and i can say from experience that it works extremely well. We pull more out of a 4 foot wide be than most chemical farmers pull from 10 foot wide areas.

And about this joke im from Midwest I can handle any joke even if u have to pm it to me. It's joke and that's all they are nothing to take to heart about it. Laughs are good for all.
Definitely true to a certain extent, but some jokes are purely meant to cause laughs at another's expense without any remorse to it.

A lot of people will say jokes are always fine and well until you hit their sore spot with a joke. Everyone's got one.

That being said, everyone should be able to tell any jokes they want and if backlash comes from it that's just something they gotta deal with. If you're telling a joke that's going to offend the masses, just be a big enough jerk be comfortable with it and own it lol

Preferred method for storing beans?
Fridge, old metal container in the desk drawer, fridge,freezer, what ever it may be what's all ur awesome growers choice for storing? Do I add humidity packs to them?
Keep mine in original packs or plastic baggies, inside of a small cardboard box taped shut in a spare closet.

Thanks for info, really thinking of adding a small fridge to grow room im building but I gotta have my mountain dew while working in a ice cold can. And having several airtight container full of seed packets from canna to veggies to flowers I may have to add to fridges to it. Curious of the freezer due to I have a old small chest freezer I store gallon bags of trim in for projects and think freezer air could harm them?
From all i've read, the fridge is the best place to keep them. Forget the moisture packs, the last thing you want is moisture near the seeds. I am not sure the freezer would be a good idea. If there is any water inside the seed it will freeze and expand, and if that doesn't burst the shell, the temperature might still kill whatever was inside anyway. I never tried, though. I don't have enough seeds to worry about space in the fridge.

From all i've read, the fridge is the best place to keep them. Forget the moisture packs, the last thing you want is moisture near the seeds. I am not sure the freezer would be a good idea. If there is any water inside the seed it will freeze and expand, and if that doesn't burst the shell, the temperature might still kill whatever was inside anyway. I never tried, though. I don't have enough seeds to worry about space in the fridge.
Exactly what I was thinking it would ruin them. I do keep a humidity packs in the flower tubs have for few yrs now it doesn't seem to hurt them but also the packs are old so my just not work anymore.

104homesteading.com has a list of books that I've printed and I recommend them all, even the suburban books because they teach u alot about gardening and how to maximize yields in small places and really cool pot and container ideas, and several tactics will work with canna also I feel. Small or dwarf autos on ur patio deck grown qith flowers and veggies and nobody would ever notice them. I stunted a photo last year and planted it in a raised flower bed and u had to really look to see the random colas popping out between the veggies and flowers. Got 7 colas the size of pop cans from it. Probably the funniest and funnest grow I've ever done. Minus the plant that grew in a pallet of bricks from us taking lunch on them every day and someone through a seed down not thinking anything of it and two weeks later we had a canna vine growing sadly we killed it because I needed the bricks in my sidewalk. But she grew well for several weeks.
Thanks for this, I'll go have a look! I daren't grow outside here, we have nosy people visit who would know what canna looks like... not to mention any grow here indoors or out isn't legal.

Preferred method for storing beans?
Fridge, old metal container in the desk drawer, fridge,freezer, what ever it may be what's all ur awesome growers choice for storing? Do I add humidity packs to them?
Mine are in the veg drawer of the fridge. They take up about a quarter of it :face:

@Eclectic Elle locate a PDF of a book called "Square foot gardening" http://www.squarefootgardening.com/...-with-free-intro-class-recording-and-handout/
Its basically SoG for veggies, and i can say from experience that it works extremely well. We pull more out of a 4 foot wide be than most chemical farmers pull from 10 foot wide areas.
I really need to try it out. I've had a pdf of it for years but I'm not very organised outdoors so I've never got round to it - and I don't have a dedicated patch for veg as the garden is very haphazard! Can I still plant peas this late?

Oh yes a sog for veggies is unreal my my 5 yr old has few going now with carrots and radishes and Shes taken what I've taught her and ran with it all I do is push u wheelbarrow or soil where she wants it. She smoked me last year in our bell pepper grow battle she pulled over 130 from each of her two plants only using epsom salt, and fox farm microbes big bloom, she even wrote her feed routines down. Teach them young and u will set them up for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back