Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how you get nutrients to the base of plants so large without crawling in with a watering can, great idea

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

Thats how i used to do it!! But damn, its pure torture on my seriously injured spine!! This year with the addition of 4 more plants(legal grow allows 8 plants) i had to try something!! Looks like this is going to work excellent!

So I’m on Day 11 of my first grow, and she’s nowhere near the size of some other pics I have seen at the same age. Only on her second node and she did get burnt during a heat wave, so that may have stunted it. So my question is should I just scrap this one and drop a new bean, or give it a couple weeks?

I always hesitate to tell someone to pitch a newborn if she looks healthy, and yours does. Plants grown in dirt seem to sit and stall at first while their roots take hold, so I'd give her a couple of more weeks before making any rash decisions.
There's a little controversy about the best way to do this, but most dirt farmers start their plants in a much smaller container; many like the Red Solo Cup (let's have a party); and hold her under a small light - like maybe a 23 or 42W CFL in a brooder or clip-on reflector, placed 3-4" above the plant. Once you get a good root mass in the solo cup, transplant to a much larger, or even your final size container. Some go through a mid size then final container; many argue the extra transplant is unnecessary. And some argue against anything but starting in the final size container so there's no transplant stress.
I happen to think it's best to get a good root mass started, then transplant. The larger root mass helps reduce stress with transplanting, and establishes a lot faster in the larger container when it's moved.
But you are where you are - give her a chance. She's not really going to take off until the roots get established.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back