Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to live stoners jeff :pass:
cuppa tea ?
002 (5).JPG

not your colour hmm :eyebrows:
its the round pic the freaks me out a bit
:pighug:

Its still getting 20 hours of light a day, so I dont think it would have ever started flowering if it was a photo.

Just spent a good amount of time looking at all the budsites. All of them, even the smaller ones, are frosting up nicely. It's getting interesting trying to keep the nutes where they need to be. One of the major drawbacks to these teeny tanks is how sensitive they are to slight changes in chemistry. Like keeping a fish in a small bowl vs a huge tank. The plants are subjected to more dramatic changes than they otherwise would. I.E. If I let the solution get down to 25% capacity (which takes about 12 hours), the pH drops to 5 or lower. She's eating like two plants, because, well, it sorta is.

My first grow I did two in one tank. It didn't take long to figure out why that was a horrible mistake. Near the end of flowering, I had roots growing over the sides of the tank looking for somewhere to go. It only took 2 liters of solution to fill the tank, due to how much the roots displaced. I am shocked it ever finished, really. I wound up trying to kill one (the one that looked more damaged from nutrient issues) to give the other a chance. I literally chopped it down to about 12 inches of bare center stem left, and damned if it didn't start to sprout branches and new flowers in less than a week. By the time the other one finished, the "dead" one was a proper bush again, and was still growing.

The one that lived was also some genetic oddity. It was supposed to be a low ryder#2, and wound up being 4.5 feet high. Not what I'd describe as "low". Yielded a ton, too. about 3x what I was expecting at the start.

In spite of all your problems with these grows, some stuff turned out well and you have to admit one thing about their genetics.........they are tough plants!

Thanks man, day 67 now..Should be coming down around day 70 something.

I love me some snow. The sooner it shows up on the flowers, the more I know I am gonna really enjoy it when it's ready.

Really partial to your pics.. Very impressive frost.

In spite of all your problems with these grows, some stuff turned out well and you have to admit one thing about their genetics.........they are tough plants!
Yeah, though I don't know if the robustness isn't just inherent in the plant. I can totally dig the drive to survive, and I imagine it is just as strong in plants as it is in any other living thing. If it can find a way to reproduce, well goddamnit it gets done. After all, that is the only reason anything is alive in the first place - to make sure there are more of themselves before they die.

Yeah, though I don't know if the robustness isn't just inherent in the plant. I can totally dig the drive to survive, and I imagine it is just as strong in plants as it is in any other living thing. If it can find a way to reproduce, well goddamnit it gets done. After all, that is the only reason anything is alive in the first place - to make sure there are more of themselves before they die.

I'm sure you are right about the will to survive and reproduce....but some genetics of each species always seem to do this where others fail.....but one thing is for sure........they love your growing regimen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back